PDA

View Full Version : New VS1 and questions

pugster
06-20-2007, 03:23 PM
I just got my Spyder VS1 today and i love it. I took it out to the field and it performed beutifly(spelling?) But the accurcay was a bit off. The VS1 comes stock with a ninch inch barrel. I was thinking of getting a j and j full tilt ceramic two piece or a sp all american, witch would you reccomend.(or others) What are some other good upgrades?

My setup:
Spyder VS1
16 ounce CO2
viewloader force 18bps hopper( any suggestions on hoppers)
jt full face mask
Joey 3+4 pod pack
3 pods
tippman straight shot squigee(spelling?)

I am using draxxus rec sport paintballs or somethingorather bronze paintballs(?)

VS2 King
06-20-2007, 03:43 PM
I would recommend going with the Smart Parts All American. Smart Parts Makes Excellent Barrels. If you look in my sig i have a 16 inch Linear from SP.

For A Hopper I Would Recommend You Get The Halo Hopper. They Are Very Nice And Good Hoppers.

pugster
06-20-2007, 03:45 PM
I forgot to mention i am on a very low budget. How expensive is the all american and Halo?

VS2 King
06-20-2007, 03:47 PM
You Could Get Great Deals Off These Two Websites.

http://www.xtremez.com/paintball/default.asp

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store

You Can find everything you need from paintballs to videos to wallets they got everything. I have bought from both of these sites.

pugster
06-20-2007, 05:37 PM
thanks, any other suggestions?

VS2 King
06-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Get A New Feedneck. Thats really all i can think of right now. Just Say what you want for ups and ill give you suggestions anytime. Im on everyday so it will be no problem

pugster
06-20-2007, 05:41 PM
what exatcly is a feedneck, is it the thing that attaches the hopper to your gun, or is that the elbow? and what kind should i get

VS2 King
06-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Yes the thing that attaches your hopper to the gun is a elbow. A feedneck is the thing that you put the elbow on. Here ill show you with a picture.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s182/rplatt/k.jpg

I dont have a elbow since my feedneck acts like one.

VS2 King
06-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Matter of fact i you would like a bigger tank i could sell you a 20oz Co2 Tank if your interested for 25 plus shipping.

clickclicksplat
06-20-2007, 07:02 PM
I'd recommend the J&J Ceramic myself. Fairly quiet, very accurate, and it's self-cleaning, so if you break a ball in the barrel, just keep shooting and the break will clean itself out. Plus it's not made by Smart Parts, which is always a plus in my book...

pugster
06-20-2007, 08:10 PM
thanks you guys for all your help. I like my 16 ounce because im only 11 and im fairly small 5'2(20 ounce is heavier). I have thought about the ceramic but the full tilt is ceramic too and its two piece. and what feednecks are good?

fwgericke
06-21-2007, 12:23 AM
I would reccomend the smart parts q-lock, its an excellent feedneck, it gives you a very low profile which is great,and it holds your hopper like a mother and her newborn child, donno how much it is in the states though, around $35

Good Luck!

spyderpilotacs05
06-21-2007, 06:16 AM
you are just starting out so i would recomend getting the J&J not a sp all american.

go to www.pbreview.com to see how other people rated the stuff

hope this helps.

pugster
06-21-2007, 07:01 AM
thnx again guys. I am in Canada so what it is in the states doesn't matter. on pbreview the SP AA ia rated a 9.4 and the full tilt ceramic is a 9.8. I think that i will get the full tilt ceramic. Anyone object strongly? Does anyone know how much an egg costs and how good it is?

clickclicksplat
06-21-2007, 07:21 AM
I use an egg on my VS2... I think an eggy 2 runs around $50-$60. It sits on the gun a little weird because of it's shape, but I like mine. Never had any problems with it and it easily keeps up with my (admittedly rather slow) trigger fingers.

pugster
06-21-2007, 02:15 PM
Kool, so i think im set, i will probably be getting a full tilt barrel and an egg 2 or 3 and maybe a q-lock feedneck

SparkyGT
06-21-2007, 03:53 PM
thnx again guys. I am in Canada so what it is in the states doesn't matter.

IM IN ALBERTA

i use badlandspaintball, paintballgear, and canadianpaintball, sometimes its still better to get stuff out of the states, if ya get enough items to absorb shipping costs, most of the canadian sites want you to hit a 100-150 to get free shipping, so if the parts like 10 bucks more you will save on shipping and any duty fees, sometimes i get nabbed on duty, othertimes not. the main USA site i have good luck with is firstcallpaintball. if ya need some help pm me

pugster
06-21-2007, 07:33 PM
im in alberta too. (edmonton)I went to my local pro shop today aand both the full tilt and aa are $140+. i will either get a used AA or a sp progressive, or maybe a ceramic. what cheaper one would you guys reccomend. THX again

Hob Hayward
06-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Are you kidding?! 140 for an AA or Ceramic full tilt is an obscenity, even in Canadian $. You can get a Full tilt in the states for maybe $45 tops.

pugster
06-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Thats what i told my Dad( he went and found it out) maybe they had the wrong king or something. I will call them and ask again.

Vicious
07-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Fasta loaders are the best bang for your buck. Light, fast, durable and inexpensive. $65-95 depending on 9v or 18v. PM me and I can get you a better price than this on any model.

I'm still using the stock barrels on my spyders, but I added a python barrel kit for sizing. It tightens up groupings as good as my AA freak kit and it's ALOT cheaper. Your never going to find the accuracy you want with a one-piece barrel, it all comesdown to bore-sizing. www.pythonpaintball.com $65

Definitely upgrade your feedneck. www.warriorpaintball.com has good deals on feednecks. Never used them but heard good things. $18

*All prices american. Poor canucks, how you like your free health care now? lol