PDA

View Full Version : Bolt question

brown turd bpg
06-20-2007, 10:56 AM
I bought an Alamo city bolt and striker. The bolt was the 2 oring bolt but when I put the orings on they are to big and wont allow the bolt to go into the gun. I took them off and their isnt much space in between them. The gun then was burping real bad so I put my stock stuff back on and it was still doing it. Then new bolt and striker didnt have any oil on it and I wiped my old bolt and striker off and didnt have any oil. Could this be the reason for the burping, lack of oil on the parts?

Oh yeah the striker was the Spyder Slim Style and the bolt was the MR1 Low Blow Bolt.

Taillo
06-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Yeah , anything that allow air to go arround the bolt and striker can cause burping. Generally not on the bolt because its the striker who get the push from the air to cock back the gun.

I had a burping problem with a classic spyder , it was fixed buy making the oring on the striker more fit to the body of the gun, and oil helps.

If your striker oring is too small, air goes around it and you lack energy to cock the gun, if your striker oring are too large, then you have too much friction and again there is not enough energy to cock it back.

As the bolt is connected with the striker, if you are using too large orings on it, it can cause this friction and give the gun a hard time cocking back.

DRCeccato
06-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Start by replacing only the bolt and see what happens. Keep the stock striker in the marker and fire a few rounds.

If you're still having problems, make sure that you've got the striker and bolt in the right way. Maybe the striker isn't catching on the sear when it blows back.

Odds are your ACP striker'll end up like mine collecting dust some where.

brown turd bpg
06-21-2007, 02:10 AM
Ok, I got the burping fixed but now my gun is out shooting my hopper. The only problem I see now is that the gun will sometimes shoot way off to the left or real high. What could be causing this?

NeedForSpeed
06-21-2007, 04:39 AM
Ok, I got the burping fixed but now my gun is out shooting my hopper.
Get an electric loader. I may have one for sale. pm if interested.

The only problem I see now is that the gun will sometimes shoot way off to the left or real high. What could be causing this?
You might be shooting bad paint. If your using the stock barrel it typically won't be that accurate but I don't know about the MR series. Maybe your shooting too hard. Have you chronoed the marker or just shot it out back?

brown turd bpg
06-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Just shot it out back. I got an aftermarket barrel. Its a good paint match. New box of paint. So If the gun is shooting at a too high of FPS it will make the balls kick sometimes?