PDA

View Full Version : Spyder E-Trigger

heen
06-20-2007, 07:29 AM
hi all!

im new to paintball and i recently bought my friend's spyder rodeo with a e-trigger. I have two questions:

- Is a e-trigger really that helpful? I dont think i'll be planning to use full auto/3 burst often, mainly semi. Does e-trigger effect the performance of semi shots?

- I'm having a REALLY hard time to find 9.6V batteries, i've called every paintball store near me and they dont have it. Is the only way to order online? its a little pricey.. the shippin that is :(

Critical
06-20-2007, 07:41 AM
To answer your questions:

1. An e-trigger doesn't reeally improve performance in the traditional sense. What it does do is give an increased ability to shorten trigger pull and to make other adjustments to the trigger that can make it perform better for you. It also gives you the ability to switch out aftermarket triggers that might increase your semi speed.

2. Ordering online is almost the only way to find the 9.6v batteries, very few retail stores carry thm, since they are fairly specific. You can save a little by finding one in the b/s/t section here, no one will rip you off on shipping.

Kenny_McCormic
06-20-2007, 08:32 AM
I have heard some walmarts carry the 9.6 volt batterys try looking there

druid
06-20-2007, 08:47 AM
Walmart, Radio Shack, Circuit City.....any electronics store should have them.

vikingshadow
06-20-2007, 08:50 AM
hi all!

im new to paintball and i recently bought my friend's spyder rodeo with a e-trigger. I have two questions:

- Is a e-trigger really that helpful? I dont think i'll be planning to use full auto/3 burst often, mainly semi. Does e-trigger effect the performance of semi shots?

- I'm having a REALLY hard time to find 9.6V batteries, i've called every paintball store near me and they dont have it. Is the only way to order online? its a little pricey.. the shippin that is :(

Hi! Welcome to the forums, glad to see ya. You came to the right place for good, quality answers and a bunch of decent guys. Feel free to post ANY questions you might have and post any answers you might have as well.

In answer to your questions:

1. Depends. An electric frame makes it MUCH easier to unload lots and lots of paint at someone whether you're just wasting it or trying to lock down a lane. It could help with some guns - ie, a lot of markers use special programs in their frame's board to control dwell, anti-bolt stick, anti-bounce, etc. I haven't had an electronic Spyder in awhile, but back when I did, the only thing it helped with was to shoot faster. I believe they have boards available now to do those other things for the Spyder though.

Critical is right though. For the most part, it allows you to have a much shorter trigger pull and activates a microswitch instead of manually tripping a sear to release the stricker. Because of this you can adjust for a much lighter, quicker and more comfortable feel to your trigger.

2. Radio Shack used to carry rechargeable 9.6 volt batteries, but I don't know if they still do or not. I usually use some of the newer Ultra, Mega, Super Heavy duty type batteries - they tend to carry a larger charge than normal 9 volt batteries. But, beware! Spyders are notorious for eating regular batteries. In my Spyder frames, I always preferred using the rechargeable one that it came with. You could probably order one by calling the Kingman company. Or just try those other batteries I mentioned.

Hope this helped you! Again, welcome and hang around for awhile!

Critical
06-20-2007, 12:32 PM
RadioShack does not still carry them. Wal-Mart and Circuit City do not have them around here, and do not list them on their websites.

heen
06-20-2007, 12:52 PM
wow thanks, <3 this forum. bunch of helpful and nice people haha

thanks!