PDA

View Full Version : Tournament legal gun? HELP

Sjduckhunter
06-20-2007, 05:41 AM
:confused: I have started a rookie paintball gun team and i have a model 98 and am thing about upgrading to an mr2 or mr3. but my question is are they tourny legal? because i was going to get a vs3 then i heard it wasnt tournament legal. and is the vs2 tourny legal? :confused:

Glasher
06-20-2007, 06:32 AM
Yes it his, only reason why VS3 ain't tourny legal it's because it has the rokcing trigger. And the rocking trigger is tourny illegal.

vikingshadow
06-20-2007, 07:03 AM
Welcome to the forums!

The gun SHOULD be legal, though IMO a bit heavy and large for speedball tournament play. The rocking trigger has been illegal in all the tournaments I've played, but to be sure, just read the rules of each tournament. I've heard there are tournaments where it isn't illegal. The VS2 SHOULD be legal, especially if it has a tournament lock.

Have a great stay here and feel free to ask any questions you might have! Between the lot of us, I'm sure we can come up with an answer for ya!

Maxx-Damage
06-20-2007, 08:00 AM
To make the MR2 into a speedball gun, just remove the stock, sight rail, side panels, and if u want the foregrip and shroud.(but dont ahve to.) Ive used my Mr2 in one tourney so far, only thing i got introuble for was not having a barrel condom, but the plug.

Sjduckhunter
06-22-2007, 02:26 PM
ok then what about the mr3 is that tourny legal? and is it that much better then the mr2?

Sjduckhunter
06-22-2007, 02:27 PM
and im not too worried about weight im 250lbs and pretty strong. what is a heavy paintball gun? i have a model 98 is that considered heavy or is my diablo wrath considered heavy?

Charfizcool
06-22-2007, 03:43 PM
ok then what about the mr3 is that tourny legal? and is it that much better then the mr2?

the only difference between the MR2 and the MR3 is the MR3 has eyes and has that different rail on top. yes the MR3 is tourny legal, any gun should be tourny legal except ones with the rocking trigger (but always check the rules like vike said).

and no a model 98 is not considered heavy by my book. but it all depends on strength and how much weight feels comftorble to run around with all day.

Sjduckhunter
06-22-2007, 04:38 PM
im buying the mr2. Thanks everyone for your help. now about upgrades. :) (

wylde01
06-22-2007, 05:04 PM
just check the list of parts thread and you'll find everything you need.

Sjduckhunter
06-23-2007, 04:40 AM
thanks, and i thank everyone else whom helped me.