PDA

View Full Version : WGP Auto-Cocker 2004 Vertical Paintball gun

xSoulsx
06-19-2007, 08:45 AM
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=A1nyiA-ULMryFEnsB8MyIAVAC3Q3QQ9K7Es=?ProductID=l4usFAY7Uo wAAAD6x_7inKHi#

^^^^^Link

I was looking at this gun and I thought it looked really cool and good. Is it any good? And does it have eyes?(<---Does not say in description) And what presure does it run on? (<---Doesn't say in the decription either:D )

Thanks

EDIT- And what BPS can I get from it?

Kenny_McCormic
06-19-2007, 09:18 AM
its a mech cocker they are suposed to be very acurate. no eyes because its a mech gun. dunno on bps but autocockers are suposed to be the only walkable mech guns. these things have no resale value at all and go for around $100 on ebay

NeedForSpeed
06-19-2007, 10:18 AM
They are harder for a beginner to maintain and have a higher upkeep than most marker because you have to time it.
The one you are looking at does not have eyes. If timed right you can get pretty good bps for mech.
Its a myth that they are more accurate..All marker are pretty much the same.
If I were you I'd buy one used on here or pbnation or wherever. not ebay

I know someday that I'm going to own one when I finally get the cash to throw around. Autocockers intrique me.

bamf-hacker
06-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Once a Cocker is timed, which it is from the factory, it should stay that way for ever, as long as you do not mess with it.

It is a misconception that Cockers are hard to maintain.

tater_salad
06-19-2007, 10:38 AM
All you have to do is read the owner's manual and your pretty much good to go.

NeedForSpeed
06-19-2007, 10:39 AM
Once a Cocker is timed, which it is from the factory, it should stay that way for ever, as long as you do not mess with it.

It is a misconception that Cockers are hard to maintain.

I learn something new everyday

xSoulsx
06-19-2007, 11:21 AM
I don't get it... What do you mean my timed?

Kenny_McCormic
06-19-2007, 01:13 PM
do you kno ho an autococker works? timing involves timing the different parts of the gun so they all work together properly.

bigred76
06-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Timing is basically the tuning of the marker: how stuff will work and when. The trickiest of the three parts of timing is the 3-way. Basically, this affects when the ram is turned on to push the back block backwards.

No eyes, it's mechanical. No batteries means nothing electronic, including eyes.

I had my 'Cocker at about 350psi depending on chrono speeds. They are normally between 300-450psi. Anything lower and you're either on a REALLY upgraded design, or you're losing efficiency.

From a mech 'Cocker I'd expect no more than 8bps. That's about where I had mine in the top of it's day. I can help you with tuning it if you decide to get one, just hit me up on AIM. It's really simple once you get it down!

I would sugest buying a used one, their resale absolutely sucks... which means that for that price you can get a really upgraded one!

Also, on a side note... the accuracy thing is not true. It fires a ball and kicks, so it has the same accuracy as almost any other marker. One thing I'd recommend to improve accuracy is a barrel kit, as the ball is pushed slightly into the barrel while waiting to fire. Too big of a bore and the ball slips out, making the first shot useless. Too small of one and the bolt gets jammed. Freaks are great kits and easily available to rectify that issue, though.

EDIT: Since you seem to not know too much about them, this seems like a fairly good article on them: http://www.answers.com/topic/autococker