PDA

View Full Version : Velocity

Solar
06-18-2007, 02:57 AM
I installed a trinity frontblock, palmer stabilizer and a macroline on my gun. Shoots great - Doesn't chop any more and not as many barrel breaks(Not to mention, in my opinion, looks damn sexy :D ). I was able to get the pressure down to around 490 PSI (I say "around" 480 because my gauge isn't that finely tuned, it reads just below 500 PSI). However, as i'm shooting and chrono-ing i get big gaps in my velocity. I shoot anywhere from 240-280. Is this just the nature of the beast or is there something i can do to solve these big velocity gaps.

Keep in mind: I've broken in the ACS bolt, I've shot 2000+ through the stabilizer, I'm using a 32* spring kit, and I don't see any noticable pressure changes from the gauge as i'm shooting. I'm really kind of stumped Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

Kenny_McCormic
06-18-2007, 07:34 AM
sounds like the co2 is the problem put an ex chamber in before the stabalizer or uy an hpa tank

NeedForSpeed
06-18-2007, 07:46 AM
Sounds to me like you might be startving the marker. Get a higher flowing valve and try that. If the presssure is higher do you get the same velocity spikes?

Solar
06-18-2007, 08:16 AM
I thought that if the pressure in the frontblock is held constant I wouldn't need an ex-chamber.

I will try shooting at a higher pressure maybe that will work. A LP valve is in the works but i'm a little short on funds at the moment.

NeedForSpeed
06-18-2007, 09:12 AM
you don't need the ex-chamber...and how you supposed to put it before the male stab?

Kenny_McCormic
06-18-2007, 10:46 AM
whoops never mind about the ex chamber forgot how god the stab is on co2. you can reg and exchamber with one of those 1/8npt ex chambers for old full size spyders but its not necesary wih a stabalizer