View Full Version : One of our very own needs some prayers..

01-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Hey guys, figured I'd let you all know that Josh (shunut) has been admitted to the hospital (his e-mail is below) I just talked to him last night, I think he's ok but I think they're worried about other complications. Just keep him in your thoughts and prayers. :thumbup:

Hey guys, some of you know that I've been sick since the first of the year, some of you don't. Anyway I started to get better last week but for some reason or another I started running a fever again yesterday and started having problems again. I spoke with my doctor and seeing as how I've been sick for about a month and on about every oral antibiotic possible they decided that it be best if they admit me to the hospital. I'm going to be going into St Joes out in Phoenix, which I'm really not happy about. I'd rather be out here at Desert Sam because its much more accessible to my family and friends. Unfortunately my doctor does most of his work out of St Joes so I guess thats going to be the end of it. I'm not sure if there will be anyway to update you on whats going on after this email but if you'd like my room # and/or telephone # in the room just call St Joes, or you can try my cell. Hopefully I'll only be in a couple days so that they can get all the tests they need to get done and send me home on IV antibiotics. Well, gotta go get packed.


01-30-2006, 09:13 AM
:praying: hope he gets better!

01-30-2006, 09:23 AM

Before anyone of you says a thing about what I said, know that I will donkey punch you.

01-30-2006, 09:24 AM
Heart goes out to josh and his fam. He is strong though :)

01-30-2006, 09:25 AM
Heart goes out to Josh! He's a tough guy and will get better!


01-30-2006, 10:06 AM
In our thoughts!!! Get better so you can go out and enjoy your Ego!

Let us know if you need anything.

Durrell- Please pass these on to Josh if you talk to him.


01-30-2006, 10:18 AM
Get better soon, Seems like everyone has been sick this year.

01-30-2006, 11:12 AM
hope he gets better

01-30-2006, 11:22 AM
just read it in his myspace bulletin a couple mins ago, ill be praying for him.

01-30-2006, 11:28 AM
man, that sux. im sure its nothing but i hope he feels better. cause if he doesnt feel better then he wont be able to use his new ego;)

01-30-2006, 11:38 AM
hope you feel better shunut

01-30-2006, 12:25 PM
Get well soon good buddy. Here are some plastic flowers to make you feel better.


01-30-2006, 12:58 PM
Damn, thats rough. I'll keep ole Shunut in my thoughts.

01-30-2006, 03:34 PM
ill be prayin

01-30-2006, 05:56 PM
Damn, I was praying that they wouldn't admit him. :bawling:

CF FTL :down:

01-30-2006, 06:05 PM
Best of luck to him.


01-30-2006, 06:24 PM
get better quick....then go rip on the ego :)

01-31-2006, 02:00 PM
Sorry to hear this man. But we all know you will get better!

01-31-2006, 02:25 PM
Hey you ol shoe nut you! You're a good man and I'm confident you'll be out and bouncing around in no time. Hope you get a good lookin nurse, that always helps out recovery time. One last thing, remember......the opening in your hospital gown goes in the back not the front - ;)

We're pullin for ya bra....

01-31-2006, 03:39 PM
Psssh, don't listen to Drago....the opening goes in front if you have awesomely hot looking female nurses! The back (and wrapped twice if at all possible) if you have ugly ones or male nurses!

You're a tough guy, beating all odds to date. You get better and I'll be waiting for ya to get back here!

02-03-2006, 06:48 AM
Just talked to his mom, she said he's fine but they're waiting on some test results to check everything out because of the CF. She gave me the hospital number, but I'm not going to disclose that publicly..he needs the rest I'm sure. Just figured I'd let you guys know he was ok. :thumbup:

02-03-2006, 06:52 AM
Glad to hear that!


02-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Thx for the update -

02-03-2006, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the update, Big D. I was getting a bit worried about him then I realized that he probably wouldn't be online or anything because he would need rest.

02-05-2006, 04:58 AM
First of all thank you everyone for all the support! It feels good to know I have a group like you guys around.

I got out last night around 10 pm and got home at like 10:30 pm and went straight to bed. I'm not done with my treatment yet, I will continue IV antibiotics at home for the next 2 weeks. I'm not a big fan of hospitals so keeping me in as long as they did was a feat. I went in on the 30th through the ER, which almost made me get up, walk out and say screw the entire thing. I was feeling like crap and when I checked in they some how lost my name. So after sitting there for 2 hours watching people walk in off the street after me and go straight to the back I threw a fit and was in a bed, in the ER, with in 20 minutes. Then I sat there for an hour waiting for anybody to even come in my room. When the nurse finally came, besides looking like she fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, she was an idiot. I'm not sure how she got her nursing license because I'm not sure if she knew what 2+2 was. I had her the first 4-5 hours I sat there in the ER and she did almost nothing. She kept telling me that she was waiting on my orders, hadn't seen my orders, or didn't read "that" in my orders. I found that amusing seeing how I came straight from my doctors office with 3 pages of orders. Luckily when her shift was over I got a really, really hot nurse. The hottest nurse I've had in a long, long time. Unfortunately I was feeling so crappy at this point and had a high fever it was hard to think of things to say to get "other" treatment. So I sat in ER until 3am which sucked because there was a ton of whack jobs there screaming all night and they also decided that it was a good idea to do the floors in ER that night so I couldn't sleep at all. Then they transferred me over the another unit called the CDU, which I think stands for Critical Decision Unit. Basically a transfer unit, where they are deciding if you are going to go up stairs or home. I got a little sleep there and finally got a real room around 8-9am. After that thing were pretty uneventful. I only had one other hot hospital employee come into my room and it was the cleaning lady. I tried talking to her but she only spoke Spanish so I was out of luck. I went through a lot of tests, bloodwork, bronchoscopy, x-rays, CT scans, ect... I also got a PICC line, which is a IV but better. They put it in using a fluoroscope, which is a fancy x-ray machine. The put it in a deep, larger vein so it lasts longer and it goes straight to the heart. So after all the testing they found lots of stuff, so I guess it was a good thing I went in a got cleaned out. I had a little pneumonia and in the lung cultures they found pseudomonas , staph and aspergillosis. I could explain what all those are but I'm not going to because this is long enough already, look them up on WebMD. Thank you again for all the support guys I really appreciate it.

Oh, the ego is doing just fine. I got home and when I went to bed that was the first thing I checked on. It was a little lonely but still doing good.

02-05-2006, 06:05 AM
Oh, the ego is doing just fine. I got home and when I went to bed that was the first thing I checked on. It was a little lonely but still doing good.

I got your number, but I figured you were busy pimping the nurses..lookie there..I was right lol

02-05-2006, 06:14 AM
Great to hear that your back home :)

02-05-2006, 06:28 AM
When the nurse finally came, besides looking like she fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, she was an idiot

Thats awesome. lmao. glad to see everythign went well. yea the emergency room usually isnt very *quick* on the uptake. i had a broken rib once i came in sat for an hour and then they checked my temperature. im like wtf i broke a rib get me some advils and some sprite.

02-05-2006, 07:29 AM
Welcome home, buddy! At least you made time to check on the Nurses and the gun....you know, the important things...LOL!

05-31-2006, 03:23 PM
God speed shunut , God speed..

05-31-2006, 03:42 PM
Lol he's good now.... This was from 4-5 months ago...