PDA

View Full Version : Guy fight no. 2

vikingshadow
06-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Ok, Jessica Alba squeezed by Jessica Biel in the first guy fight, so round 1 goes to her!

Now, round 2....

Bruce Lee, Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Steven Segal or Jean-Claude Van Damme?

Who can kick more ass than the other, who made a bigger impact on the industry and the martial arts, and who do you like better?

Bruce Lee

http://www.completemartialarts.com/whoswho/actionstars/images/bruce1.jpg

Jet Li

http://gothamist.com/arts/archives/JetLi_hero.jpg

Jackie Chan

http://www.nndb.com/people/759/000022693/jackie-chan.jpg

Steven Segal

http://aikiranadutta0.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/17151.jpg.w300h225.jpg

jean Claude Van Damme

http://www.celebrites-selection.com/photos_copper/albums/wpw-fa/Jean%20Claude%20Van%20Damme%2008.jpg

Chuck Norris

http://gallery.greatestjournal.com/albums/up5/827/1286827/chuck-norris-002.jpg

VS3 Sniper
06-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Bruce Lee for sure he brought martial arts to the masses. Also he trained Chuck Norris so he has to get extra points for that. But Jet Li is a close second and then Jean Claude Van Damme,then Chuck Norris, then Jackie Chan
Steven Segal is in last place in my book.

bigred76
06-16-2007, 10:40 AM
Toss up between Jet and Bruce. Jet Li's most recent movies were some of the best I have seen in a very long time, but Bruce... well, he's BRUCE!

marvin-martian
06-16-2007, 10:41 AM
bruce > *

pbfreak3221
06-16-2007, 10:43 AM
hmmm... Jack Bauer /thread

VS3 Sniper
06-16-2007, 10:51 AM
The fact is that with burce lee opening the doors for everybody else they wouldn't have jobs.

Hossy
06-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Segals pic doesnt work!

I really like Jackie out of all of them ON HIS ACTING ABILITY, and from what i have seen he is a pretty funny and whitty(sp?) guy. So he basically takes my vote on the person that he is, not saying the others are bad people.

Bruce wins all the other categories.

MR2 Woodsballer
06-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Without a doubt Bruce Lee he was a phenominal Martal Artist. Not only did he open the doors in the USA for everyone mentioned above. He also created a very orignal, and effective martal art by himself: Jeet Kune Do. If it were not for his tragic death at 32, who knows how much farther he would have brought set the bar. To me Stephen Segal is washed up and should have given up movies a long time ago. Jean Claude Van Damme if it wasn't for his drug addiction he could have kept going for alot longer. Jet Li can't say anything bad about him, have quite a few of his movies. Chuck Norris can't say anything except that Walker Texas Ranger was CHEEZY. Jackie Chan like his earlier work the best.

vikingshadow
06-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Tough one! In my observations/opinions...

Bruce Lee - first "mainstream" martial artist to hit the US in movies and television, invented Jeet Kune Do, (the ONE INCH PUNCH!!!,) first major marshall artist film actor, dedicated to the martial arts first, then the movies, really set the bar high!

Jet Li - first modern martial artist to reach the younger generation, fastest man on the planet (some ranking done a few years ago) decent actor with good movies...quiet person in real life...

Jackie Chan - trained in the "Chinese Opera" style of martial arts - trained as a fighter, but also to act, makes good movies, hilarious to watch, first martial artist to be "clumsy", meaning he isn't protrayed as a super hero fighter but seems to get lucky a lot, has found a new audience as of late in the younger generation.

Steven Segal - no nonsense, kick-ass fighter. Older guy showing that younger guys don't dominate the genre....Doesn't do the fancy arm moves, kicks, etc. I would classify him as a more "realistic" martial arts actor in that his moves, although choreographed, are more like they would actually be used in real life - doesn't mind using a gun to get his point across! Movies were ok, up until that mountain movie thing he did...probably should have stopped before that one!

Jean Claude Van Damme - always got the girls and he's extremely flexible. May have a brother or cousin in WWE??? Most of his movies were cheezy (can't honestly think of one that wasn't...) Other than that, meh.

Chuck Norris - I actually met him! My old instructor back in my college days was friends with him, and he stopped by our dojo on the way to OKC for a national championship. Nice guy, shows after Missing in Action 2 were pretty bad, though, including Walker - Texas Ranger...he also doesn't do the fancy arm movements, high kicks, so on - just in your face butt kicking...

MR2 Woodsballer
06-16-2007, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE=vikingshadow]
Jean Claude Van Damme - always got the girls and he's extremely flexible. May have a brother or cousin in WWE??? Most of his movies were cheezy (can't honestly think of one that wasn't...) Other than that, meh.

Yea I think its his brother, and Bloodsport is an awsome movie(true story to).

06-16-2007, 08:17 PM
I know bruce lee is what put martial arts movies on the map
but I just couldn't resist voting for chuck

Taillo
06-16-2007, 10:25 PM
Hehe nice poll.

Ill put them in order of greatness, and why...

Bruce Lee: He brought Kung Fu to the average non chinese people. He impressed every martial artist he encountered. He is the meaning of the words: Concentration, dedication and awesomeness. Favourite movie: Operation: Dragon

Jet Lee: Ours generation's bruce lee, he moves like a demon but for what i know he did not bring anything but movies... Favourite movie: The One

Jackie Chan: He was discovered, and trained by Bruce Lee, but he did not have a bad background as he trained first at the peking opera school. He leads the coolest gang of stuntmens ive seen. He bringed comedy into the too serious martial art movies.. Favourite movie: Drunken Master

Chuck Norris: He was a true karate champion, and he too really started his movie career when he starred in a bruce lee movie. He is a really good guy, but i dont think his movies are that great... they are funny and filled with lots of invincible quotes like " welcome to my world" just before broking a face with a round house kick. He impressed Bruce Lee by performing those round house kick faster than bruce. Favourite movie: Walker Texas Ranger, because it also starred David Carradine making a great clash of the arts opposing karate to kung fu.

Steven Seagull: Not a very good actor, but he realy has good Aikido skills and is really dangerous. But he is part of the martial arts actors that will do any movie just to show his moves like Chuck, and of course having a great time doing his work... Favoured movie: Under siege

Jean Claude Van Damme:
Ishh, i liked him when a was a kid but now i know that this guy is nuts. Have you ever see him in an interview? He speaks as a philosophic schyzophrenic retarded. Actually, he was announced as a karate champion but no one ever found an official tournament where he really won. The only good thing he did was Bloodsports, but my favourite movie of him is No retreat, no surrender. (he was the villain)

applesauce
06-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Segal is a no talent hack....his acting sucks and he doesn't do anything that an average (somewhat athletic) person couldn't do, and he never gets hurt in his movies....

HelpDeskHustler
06-18-2007, 07:12 AM
LMAO i was watching a steven segal movie and he was like "I'll pay you to let me go, what do you want? cash or credit..." and on credit he pulled the card out of the wallet he was showing them and sliced 3 people's throats with it in one swoop.

clickclicksplat
06-18-2007, 08:26 AM
I think I'm going to go with Jackie Chan... Out of any movies I've seen with these guys in them, his have usually been my favorite.

Rush Hour 3 comes out in a few months!

vikingshadow
06-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Well, based on the criteria I gave, I'll have to vote for Bruce.

However, I'm glad someone finally voted for Jackie - he's one of my all-time favorite actors! I also like Jet Li - his movies are usually really good, but I don't think he pioneered anything in movies, at least not here.

Steven Segal was the man back in the 80's (along with Bruce, Arnold and Sylvestor...) but in the end, he just became stale.

MR2 Woodsballer
06-18-2007, 01:00 PM
One of the reasons I don't care For Segal is he has tanked up with his weight. And still expects us to believe he can run and be as fast as the camera potrays. Like im really gonna be scared of some overweight guy who used to be good 20 years ago. Plus all of these dumb cable movies with bad writing don't help either. This compared to his movies back then just ashame.

Oscum Guy
06-19-2007, 03:19 PM
obviously chuck norris!

pbgrandpa
06-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Bruce Lee was the badest little guy to ever walk the earth. If I had to walk thru a dark alley in the middle of the night he's the one I'd want walking with me.

applesauce
06-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Bruce lee is by far the best of the best and he spoke pretty good 'ingrish' which made him rare in his time.

VS2 King
06-20-2007, 08:46 AM
Im Going For Chuck Norris All The Way!!!!!!!

Ace24
06-20-2007, 06:43 PM
People do know who Van Damme is right? Or have seen his movies? I think hes pretty cool... but Bruce would own him..

vikingshadow
06-20-2007, 07:00 PM
Yes, I know who he was, and as a child of the 80's, I've seen pretty much all his movies. Most aren't too bad, but not all that great either.

Hahahaha! Anyone else noticed that more people took part in this poll than the one with the good looking women in it???

Ace24
06-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Yes, I know who he was, and as a child of the 80's, I've seen pretty much all his movies. Most aren't too bad, but not all that great either.

Hahahaha! Anyone else noticed that more people took part in this poll than the one with the good looking women in it???
I've seen almost all his movies too. I think there were 2 out of all of them that I really liked... which is sort of sad.

That is pretty sad that more people voted in this... :dodgy:

MR2 Woodsballer
06-21-2007, 06:23 AM
I have seen all of Van Dammn's movies. Bloodsport was by far the best. Its sad actors get bad reps for picking a film with bad writing...but hey thats how it goes. (keep in mind it was the 80's)

MR2 Woodsballer
06-21-2007, 10:45 PM
Most people don't realize that in all of Bruce Lee's movies they had to slow the camera down to capture his speed and they had to pad the stuntmen under their clothes because he wouldn't fake punch. (in case no one picked up im a very big movie buff)

newkid
06-22-2007, 05:37 AM
they had to pad the stuntmen under their clothes because he wouldn't fake punch.
lmao

Ace24
06-22-2007, 06:54 AM
Most people don't realize that in all of Bruce Lee's movies they had to slow the camera down to capture his speed and they had to pad the stuntmen under their clothes because he wouldn't fake punch. (in case no one picked up im a very big movie buff)
Bruce Lee is arguably the best martial arts instructor/expert that ever lived... I've read some of his books and looked into his stuff and it's incredible. All of his moves were real.