PDA

View Full Version : why are like 90% of major paintball marker manufactures in the us on the west side

Theheroguy
06-15-2007, 05:37 PM
the only eastcoast one I can think of smarparts (alien doesn't count because its too small)

the west coast ones are like dye, bob long, kingman(I believe), fep(barely counts)

Hossy
06-15-2007, 05:40 PM
or in the midwest

the only eastcoast one I can think of smarparts (alien doesn't count because its too small)

the west coast ones are like dye, bob long, kingman(I believe), fep(barely counts)

so lets see.

Out of the listed, thats like saying 1.5 on the east and 3.5 possibly.

thats definatly 90 percent bud.
But you said West or midwest. Maybe thats cause thats about 65 percent of the land is there, and the other 35 or so is on the east coast.

Theheroguy
06-15-2007, 05:42 PM
yeah then logically more should be on the eastcoast then.
all im saying is calafornia seems to have a lot of paintball manufactures and when I said midwest I should have just said evil because agd isn't big anymore

Hossy
06-15-2007, 05:45 PM
yeah then logically more should be on the eastcoast then.

Why?

NeedForSpeed
06-15-2007, 06:05 PM
that doesn't make any sense..if theres more land in the west than logically there would be more manufacturers there:foreheadslap: Comparing the West and East (not midwest) there East is more agricultural. AND what isnt manufactured in California. The state is huge
I thought Kingman was China.

Nenkitsune
06-15-2007, 06:07 PM
not only that, but i would think the weather is more favorable out west (at least the southwest) but yeah, what isn't made in cali?

QAZ123
06-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Because most of the people that started the companies are from the west.

JB.

Theheroguy
06-15-2007, 06:12 PM
uh non of you under stand me
the east midwest and west each make up about 33% of the continetal country (I didn't say coast) so naturally each should have around 33% of the major paintball dealers just saying if you divided evenly

VS3 Sniper
06-15-2007, 06:17 PM
well if i am not mistanken aren't there more fields in cali?if so it makes sense to be in the west.

big_daddy_d
06-15-2007, 06:29 PM

Alien is out of Cali as well, near Sacramento if I remember right...

vikingshadow
06-15-2007, 06:34 PM
California/Western US has a HUGE paintball scene...most of the people who own paintball businesses either play on teams or own teams that can practice/play year-round in the climate there. It makes sense to build a brick and mortar business in an area that will get business year round.

As far as land mass, business don't base whether they will build a company based on terrain - they base it on clientel. More people playing more often in the Western part of the country means more business for them in the Western half. Most of the Eastern/Midwestern paintball scene shuts down for MOST of the year (winter, duh) so the business would slow down and ultimately fail after awhile.

Maxx-Damage
06-15-2007, 06:37 PM
East coast sucks, mostly woods, the snow in the winter, all the bugs, and when was the last time u heard about a tourney in maine?
And yeah, i live on the east coast....

QAZ123
06-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Before this year the NPPL had 4-5 events on the west coast.

Speedball was invented on the west coast.

Bob Long is from the west coast.

Dave Youngblood is from the west coast.

Gardner brothers.. I don't know where there from.

But......

Back in the day when Tippmann and AGD were the "it" companies they were based in the midwest/east with nothing coming from the west.

JB.

QAZ123
06-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Another reason.

Paintball expo west 2005 = huge turnout in the three days it was open!

Paintball expo midwest 2005 = flopped. Vendors lost money on the sunday and started to pack up early.

JB.

DRAGON
06-15-2007, 07:08 PM
But......

Back in the day when Tippmann and AGD were the "it" companies they were based in the midwest/east with nothing coming from the west.

JB.

You forgot to mention PMI which was based in Illinois. Benjamin who made their markers was based in Wisconsin or Illinois I beleive -

No one mentioned the actual place where some markers like Kingman and the Ion are made......China - ;)

Theheroguy
06-15-2007, 07:32 PM
I thought spyders were made in taiwan
oh idk why but for some reason I thought alien was based in maine

DRAGON
06-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Taiwan is an island off the shore of China. They speak the same language and share the same type of culture. I'm confident a good portion of the parts are made in China and assembled in Taiwan. It seems you missed the whole point of my post and are dwelling on a misdirected technicality -

Theheroguy
06-15-2007, 07:58 PM
nuh-uh

shunut
06-16-2007, 12:12 AM
My thoughts when reading the first post in this thread...

Whats the difference where the paintball manfactures are located?

Not to sound like an asshat or anything but would the paintball gun some how operate differently if it was made on the east coast instead of the west?

Voodoo27909
06-16-2007, 12:17 AM
East coast sucks, mostly woods, the snow in the winter, all the bugs, and when was the last time u heard about a tourney in maine?
And yeah, i live on the east coast....

Weeeellllll.......One of the largest newly formed Tourneys for Scenario (Put on by the Army BTW...) is on Long Island, N.Y., so it is not as far fetched as it sounds. Lets not forget Invasion of Normandy in Penn. New Jersey has formed a rather large Scenario Tourney which is in its second year now...and promises to almost double its registration in 2008 to roughly 3500 as well. Several Northern states host huge X-Ball tourneys as well. I would say that we on the east coast are just as active as the west coast, and growing each year. I could list a ton of others from Fla. to Canada....but im sure those are being thought of already by those reading this.

VS3 Sniper
06-16-2007, 12:21 AM

Not to sound like an asshat or anything but would the paintball gun some how operate differently if it was made on the east coast instead of the west?

thank u shunut for saying what we all were thinking. :applause: :waytogo: :peace: :computer: :lolsign:

Voodoo27909
06-16-2007, 12:24 AM
Yeh...less EPA standards, just like cars. Lol!

NeedForSpeed
06-16-2007, 05:10 AM
No one mentioned the actual place where some markers like Kingman and the Ion are made......China - ;)

I think I did:D

druid
06-16-2007, 07:33 AM
they don't like the weather on the East Coast...and the Left Coast has all the computer board/mini-circuitry plants

STRIKEFIRST
06-16-2007, 08:14 AM
they don't like the weather on the East Coast...and the Left Coast has all the computer board/mini-circuitry plants

I wonder if cheap imported labor has anything to do with it.

vwjimmy
06-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Companies locate on the west coast because that is where the ships full of their stuff dock when comming in from Asia......
The weather is nice too :)

bigred76
06-16-2007, 10:57 AM
:yeahthat: I don't know about the weather, it's ****ing hot out there in the sun....

People start businesses where they have a fan base... Logically, since most of those places had players start here (****, I can go 3mi to the field that IronKidz started at), they'd start companies here where they're comfortable and people know them.

Theheroguy
06-16-2007, 12:15 PM

um because if it were on the eastcoast and I needed for somereason to ship something to them it would take less time/money

shunut
06-16-2007, 02:55 PM
Maybe you should call them and tell them that. I'm sure they will probably pack up their stuff and move.

I still don't see the point of this thread.

Theheroguy
06-16-2007, 03:00 PM
the point is I was looking to see if y'all knew a specific reason but it just seems to be coincedence I guess

NeedForSpeed
06-16-2007, 03:01 PM
I still don't see the point of this thread.

me neither but at least its something. These forums are pretty dead imo. No I'm not expecting it to be like pbnation..but maybe a little more lively.

pbfreak3221
06-16-2007, 03:11 PM
I have a feeling it will pick up a little, once summer really get's underway.

shunut
06-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Yes, it has been dead lately. It just hasn't been the same since the old version went down.

Hossy
06-16-2007, 04:27 PM
um because if it were on the eastcoast and I needed for somereason to ship something to them it would take less time/money
Yes because the world revolves around you.
he point is I was looking to see if y'all knew a specific reason but it just seems to be coincedence I guess
Its no coincedence, if you spelled that right, because its how businesses are run. If you were going to say, start a business that had to do with fishing fish, you wouldnt start it in the middle of South Dakota, or Texas. You go to where the profit can be made and supply is there. In this case thats California, where players play more round year and what not.
me neither but at least its something. These forums are pretty dead imo. No I'm not expecting it to be like pbnation..but maybe a little more lively.
Most of the people come here are new to the sport. You can say "nubs" or whatever, but thats what they are. I as well as many people came here to ask, what upgrades or whatnot i should get on my spyder. They come than leave, and only really come back if they have another question. PBN and other forums are so 'fresh' because they are mostly full of expirienced people. PBN is just huge, thats why theres so much to do there.
I have a feeling it will pick up a little, once summer really get's underway.
this time of year and Christmas time is when it usually picks up IMO.
Yes, it has been dead lately. It just hasn't been the same since the old version went down.
word

Nenkitsune
06-16-2007, 04:46 PM
if i'm not mistaken, as far as shipping goes, west coast is king. getting stuff shipped to and from asia is a LOT easier since it's right across the ocean. also, i agree with the thing about the fishing thing haha

and yeah, people come here when they break their spyders. there's mostly just us regulars who like to hang around the top of the forums XP

pbn is just a social forum it seems

ShadowX
06-16-2007, 05:02 PM
They are closest to China where they can mass produce things for cheap.

Theheroguy
06-16-2007, 05:12 PM
I was thinkin the asia thing but I didn't know if most people got parts from asia

and no I don't think the world revolves around me i'm jus saying it would be nice if hey were on the eastcoast hossy and shu you don't have to be jerks

edit: oh yeah I play all year even when it snows

08Lud08
06-16-2007, 05:34 PM
i'm jus saying it would be nice if hey were on the eastcoast.
It still wouldn't make a difference and how would it be nicer? You can still buy the products so it would be the same.

NeedForSpeed
06-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Most of the people come here are new to the sport. You can say "nubs" or whatever, but thats what they are. I as well as many people came here to ask, what upgrades or whatnot i should get on my spyder. They come than leave, and only really come back if they have another question. PBN and other forums are so 'fresh' because they are mostly full of expirienced people. PBN is just huge, thats why theres so much to do there.

No reason to get hostile..(red letters only gave me this first impression)
I'm not insulting the forum. I was here on the old forum under a different username with a few thousand posts and it was a lot different from what I can remember. The boards were never this dead..ares, durrel, phatphil, dre, and many others posted more often...now they're mods but you don't see them around as much it seems. I know..some have school and other obligations that come before this forum but I'm just trying to say that it was different. Even with all of the new players asking question it was never this dead. There were a LOT of new players back then on here. Now..there is seemingly none compared to then. I came here because I don't like constant buzz of PBN..I used to like the core of people around this forum and there was a decent amount of them. Now there's not so much.

Not trying to start an argument. Just trying to get it out that I'm not as "new" as I seem and I actually know what these boards were like and I'm not comparing them to PBN but how they used to be.

Hossy
06-16-2007, 06:14 PM
No reason to get hostile..(red letters only gave me this first impression)
I'm not insulting the forum. I was here on the old forum under a different username with a few thousand posts and it was a lot different from what I can remember. The boards were never this dead..ares, durrel, phatphil, dre, and many others posted more often...now they're mods but you don't see them around as much it seems. I know..some have school and other obligations that come before this forum but I'm just trying to say that it was different. Even with all of the new players asking question it was never this dead. There were a LOT of new players back then on here. Now..there is seemingly none compared to then. I came here because I don't like constant buzz of PBN..I used to like the core of people around this forum and there was a decent amount of them. Now there's not so much.

Not trying to start an argument. Just trying to get it out that I'm not as "new" as I seem and I actually know what these boards were like and I'm not comparing them to PBN but how they used to be.

I wasnt trying to be hostile, i used the red font because i had a long post.
i wasnt just talking about you, i was talking about the majority of the forum.

Theheroguy
06-16-2007, 06:17 PM
can yall make a different thread for this plz?

NeedForSpeed
06-16-2007, 06:29 PM
sorry. i over reacted. in the middle of the post i realized i was wasting my time but i just wrote it anyway. I've been doing projects for finals ALL DAY and i'm toast. It's my birthday and I was planning to be paintballing but I havn't even left the house. Tommorow will be the same too. Whatever happened to tests? These projects are stupid.

durrell
06-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Before this goes any further..

We'll close it. Per request of a fellow mod.