PDA

View Full Version : Answers?!?

D-rail
06-13-2007, 08:35 AM
Hello!
I just found this site a couple months ago but haven't really "used" it as of yet....

I have been reading up on my MR2 all morning throughout the threads. Found MANY useful hints along the way! You Guys Rock :D

Anyway,
From what I have read, it sounds like I may have a 1st Gen MR2. That being said, I chop balls like NO-BODIES buisness. So, up to todays "newest toys" and upgrades for our marker what should I look into to fix my problem?

1. Better detents?
2. Better bolt?
3. Better hopper?
4. Better paint?
5. Better barrell?
6. Better Feedneck?

Where should I START? I don't really want to spend another $200 on my marker just to play every once in a while on the weekends. I just want to be able to have fun with it, and have it be as maintenance free as possible. I'm sure you all understand :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance guys!

~ D-Rail

wylde01
06-13-2007, 10:00 AM
ill try to help here.

1. get some timmy detents. (should help with chopping?)

2. i did not need a new bolt but most people get the acp (alamo city paintball bolt.) try breaking in your acs bolt first before you spend more money on a new bolt.

3. you should get a good force fed hopper. i use an empire reloader b and have never had problems chopping.

4. i cant really help here because i use real high grade paint everytime i play.

5. im not sure exactly how much a better barrel will help with reducing chops but i know that it will be more accurate and quieter if you get a jj ceramic.(preferably a 14 in. or smaller. any bigger and you just waste air.)

6. the feedneck will help to bring your hopper in closer. thats all i can say about that.

and something that you did not mention.

7. HPA. i dont know what your running on but HPA will help alot with consistency.

well i hope this helps some. maybe someone here with more knowledge can comfirm what i say or state something that i may have left out.

D-rail
06-27-2007, 09:05 AM
I have a stupid newbie question....

What the heck is HPA?
Is it like Nitrogen or something?

I have thought about going to nitro( IF that's what you are talking about ) but I don't know where I can get it filled around here (in Colorado). :confused:

shark
06-27-2007, 09:07 AM
hpa is high pressure air, it is alot better for your gun than co2, i am not sure what the differences are between hpa and nitrogen.

D-rail
06-27-2007, 09:26 AM
ok... Where do you get HPA, and do you need a special tank to hold it or does your regular CO2 tank work?

I have seen many tanks that are fiberglass wrapped.... is this a nitro tank or a HPA tank? I noticed they also go by cc's on these styles of tanks...68cc etc. etc. etc.

Jegger24
06-27-2007, 09:43 AM
HPA, Nitrogen, Compressed air are all virtually the same thing.

You have to get a tank to run HPA; your Co2 tank will not work.

It seems that a 68 cu. in 4500 psi tank is popular but there are several choices.

D-rail
06-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Right on man.... I just did a search on google and got all my questions answered :cool:

With that out of the way...

About how much does it cost to switch over to a HPA (or Nitrogen) system on our markers (MR2), and what do you need?

Thanks guys!

~ D

Maxx-Damage
06-27-2007, 12:25 PM
^that only cost as much as a tank would cost u. Thats it.

D-rail
06-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Oh, ok. So all I need is to buy a nitro tank and I'm good to go? Then I have to try and find a place to fill it for me!

Where do you guys that use Nitro get your tanks filled?

pb34
06-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Oh, ok. So all I need is to buy a nitro tank and I'm good to go? Then I have to try and find a place to fill it for me!

Where do you guys that use Nitro get your tanks filled?

Local field, thats usually the best place to get your tank filled.

wylde01
06-27-2007, 04:52 PM
local field or a local pb shop.

Nuwisha
06-28-2007, 04:27 AM
Dive shops can also fill them. You can also get a scuba tank and fill adaptor if there isn't anywhere nearby you. That way you can fill the Scuba tank and use it... one Scuba can last you weeks of play. Used ones are about $100 cdn and fill adaptors can be found for around $50 us

D-rail
06-28-2007, 05:31 AM
Yeah, I contacted this tiny little scuba shop down the road from my house. He said he can only fill up to 3000 psi. so........ I am assuming that he can hook me up.