PDA

View Full Version : Noooo!!!! the ea virus begins eating more good companies

HelpDeskHustler
06-12-2007, 01:33 PM
:darth: :darth: :darth: :darth: :darth: :darth: :darth:
Ubisoft announced that they are considering a merger with EA. EA has already slowed the release of HL2 orange box (ep2 + portals) and now they could pull down imo one of the best studios ever into the depths of mediocre game play. Ubisoft Montreal is in my top 4 game studios and If the merger brings them new guys I'll cry a little. (Montreal is making Crysis, SC: conviction, assassin's creed, etc)

Hob Hayward
06-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Bad EA, BAD!

You left out that the Ep2 bundle comes with not only portal, but Team Fortress2 aswell!!!

BTW Crysis is my most anticipated game. Ep2 bundle is close though.

Nenkitsune
06-12-2007, 01:49 PM
NOOOOO BAD EA, go back to friggin sports games and leave the good ones alone! OMFG TF2 NO WAY! XP jk jk. but EA merging is stupidly gay.....
but the worst merge of all, was back when Tech TV got merged with G4

DFSniper
06-13-2007, 04:53 AM
i love the old EA, but ever since NFS:Carbon for the PC, they went downhill. (dont even get me started on that...) i never was much of a splinter cell player, but their other games were pretty good, and Assassins Creed is supposed to be awesome.

Taillo
06-13-2007, 07:52 AM
Bad bad news. Im very surprised of this and i have difficulties believing it.
I have friends working on both studios and i am trying to get a job on both studios also here in montreal. Unfortunately i have good things and bad things to say about both companies. Ubisoft did a fantastic job with Prince of persia 1 and 2 but really killed the franchise with the 3rd... and for EA, i think Battlefield 2142 is the best fps and the worst fps at the same time... im still waiting for Medal of honor Airborne to come out. There is still the Eidos studio opening in montreal.
I hope ill get a job elsewhere and wont be affected by this...

STRIKEFIRST
06-13-2007, 08:31 AM
EA is the NPS of gaming.

durrell
06-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Ubisoft is definitely one of the best FPS developers there is because of the Clancy games..Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, and Rainbow Six.

DFSniper
06-13-2007, 10:05 AM
lol, just a random fact: even though Tom Clancy is credited for creating all 3, he basically just gave them ideas. Rainbow Six was already a book, and the whole SC franchise is based off the first game (even the books, which he only wrote the first one of)

BrianT
06-13-2007, 03:21 PM
I don't think that this will change ubisoft that much. besides EA is a pretty good game franchise.

HelpDeskHustler
06-13-2007, 03:35 PM
EA is a pretty good game franchise.
Are you kidding me? pretty good in my book looks like this:
||||||||||||||||||||||||||

IMO EA has this:

||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Here's why:

they can't code ai. play any NFS game. the AI will not drive like any person ever would. What kind of person drives a set path regardless of what you are doing.

Their games are either way to hard or way to easy. Play Burnout revenge and try to beat it... you won't... trust me, i played for like 3 weeks and picked up like 100 gamerscore.

They're online nazi's! Signing in to xbox live then to EA services is GHEY!! the only decently successful online gameplay I've seen from EA is battlefield, but with so little control of how you play I won't go any farther than say decent.

EA is the centerflag for a mediocre gaming experience. They'll do at least one of the following in every game they make:

-Under deliver story mode (battlefield 2)
-Under deliver GOOD story (NFS... everything)
-Under deliver Online (almost every game)
-make a game that looks 90% the same as last year with new rosters, even though they could just send out a patch and then charge full price (sports games)
-screw up tiny bits of code everywhere that will drive you to insanity. (everything)

Theheroguy
06-13-2007, 03:55 PM
yep ea is teh suck
but I thought the french government already tried to step in when something like this came up before

Ace24
06-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Here's why:

they can't code ai. play any NFS game. the AI will not drive like any person ever would. What kind of person drives a set path regardless of what you are doing.

Their games are either way to hard or way to easy. Play Burnout revenge and try to beat it... you won't... trust me, i played for like 3 weeks and picked up like 100 gamerscore.

They're online nazi's! Signing in to xbox live then to EA services is GHEY!! the only decently successful online gameplay I've seen from EA is battlefield, but with so little control of how you play I won't go any farther than say decent.

EA is the centerflag for a mediocre gaming experience. They'll do at least one of the following in every game they make:

-Under deliver story mode (battlefield 2)
-make a game that looks 90% the same as last year with new rosters, even though they could just send out a patch and then charge full price (sports games)
-screw up tiny bits of code everywhere that will drive you to insanity. (everything)
SOOOO true. I used to hate falling in never ending holes in NFS:3HP and in NFSU the story was sweet... and then died... and with NFSU2 the story that was suppose to continue, was completely destroied and basicly had no story line at all.

I also agree with that stupid AI thing. You could cause a massive road block in any NFS series with traffic cars and stop the entire race, then go ahead and win it with a lead of over 30s due to the stupid AI trying to push through the traffic car road block.

The NFS series used to be good... back when AI wasn't that advanced and every racing game had similar AI... EA was king... but they are stuck in a cave somewhere and not advancing at all. They could do so much better.

Hell, when Rare died and EA took over the 007 series, I stopped playing them. After Golden Eye the series went to the dogs.

Just my two cents.

DFSniper
06-17-2007, 09:21 AM
i have to agree with claus on some points:

thats because EA uses your EA account to track your gaming on all platforms, and it becomes (one of your many) EA forum user names.

i agree for the Undergrounds, but Carbon was just waaay to short of a game...or maybe because i played it hours at a time...

most definately agree there. online for Underground 2 sucked cuz you only had like 2-3 tracks per race type, and you have to unlock stuff online to use it offline (Carbon). 2142 has jumpy server connection rating sometimes and it sucks how you have it tells you you have a new message but you have to jump to your menu to read the message, but other than that, its awesome

NFS 1-3 (not counting Hot Pursuit) and the Undergrounds.

like friggin Carbon and pre- 7.1 NVidia X Series drivers... dont even get me started there...