PDA

View Full Version : J&J Barrel question

Paintballer
06-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Hey guys, quick question:

I bought a J & J Ceramic Spyder Barrel - 14 Inch, and with it came an o-ring. First thing I did after opening the plastic and checking it out, was do a quick paint-to-bore test with it and the paint I use. (You know, the drop a ball in and it should get 'stuck' about 1/2 though barrel and it should only take a relatively small amount of air to dislodge the ball from the barrel.)

Of course me being the dumby that I am, didn't realize that my friend stuck the o-ring in the barrel so we won't lose it. The ball got stuck (pretty good too) and long story short, he used his flexible squeezey to get it out and lost the o-ring.

So.... how important is the o-ring (using the barrel for the MR2 with stock barrel shroud)?

graphics360
06-11-2007, 08:30 PM
its important, the barrel needs it to keep air from escaping and so that its aligned correctly

Hossy
06-11-2007, 08:31 PM
it should be about the same size as any other Oring.

The oring is there to keep the air concentrated to go down the barrel, and not other places. Id try to put another one on, but it wont be the biggest problem your ever gonna run into-

Paintballer
06-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Ah, thanks; I figured it was to help seal and keep the air in. So my next question would be how do 'install' the o-ring then (when we either fine it or get a replacement)? Just slip it on the end going into the shroud and get it in tight between the threads and the actual barrel? So that the barrel screws in and eventually compresses the o-ring?

----------------------|
| -------------
| * ||||| |
| -------------
----------------------|

* = o-ring?

Edit: mmm that didn't quick workout, image the 'inner tube' to the right of the 'outter tube' so that it looks somewhat like a barrel.

bamf-hacker
06-12-2007, 03:07 AM
Slide the o-ring down the threads of the barrel until it gets to the end. The o-ring is there mostly to keep the barrel on the marker. The amount of air that escapes past the barrel thread is minuscule.