PDA

View Full Version : electra hissing noise from reg

glenjamindle
06-10-2007, 03:51 PM
I was out playing today and about 4 hours into it I noticed a hissing from my reg dial. I hand tightened it to the left and it grew fainter, but was still doing it. Any ideas? Am I supposed to be tightening that myself or should this be done by an experienced person? Is this even the problem?

pb34
06-10-2007, 04:55 PM
What do you mean by reg dial? Do you mean the guage? If so I would take it off, put some teflon tape on it, then put it back on. This should solve the problem.

glenjamindle
06-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Is that something that I can do myself or should do myself? what would the cause be?

Kenny_McCormic
06-11-2007, 12:09 PM
you can do it yourself go to the hardware store and ask for some thread sealing tape unscrew the gauge and tightly wrap several layers of the tape on the threds then screw the gauge back in and tighten with a wrench. the cause would be leaking threds because they werent sealed very well from the factory

glenjamindle
06-18-2007, 06:51 PM
I wrapped the tape around the guage once and tried to screw it back in, but it only goes halfway...too tight. I cleaned it off (dried paint) and it seemed to work...