PDA

View Full Version : War Rock


yod3r
06-10-2007, 03:46 PM
I was wondering if anybody's heard of this game. Its an online fps and probably one of the funnist iv played. If you play, im getting ready to start a clan for tourny play so pm me if u want to join.

HelpDeskHustler
06-10-2007, 04:55 PM
isn't this the fps-rpg (they call it an mmo)

I was looking at it. Planetside > * any online pc fps (but it costs too much and the crowds are going down)

Hob Hayward
06-10-2007, 05:04 PM
I played back when it was in beta for a while. Dunno how much its changed, but I suppose you can never beat free when it comes to games.

HelpDeskHustler
06-10-2007, 05:25 PM
I played back when it was in beta for a while. Dunno how much its changed, but I suppose you can never beat free when it comes to games.
free games are boring 90% of the time. the other 10% they are underplayed.

I really wish sony would do something right for once and revamp planetside with a sequel.

yod3r - what other games do you like? if i think your taste is good enough I'll trust your judgment and DL war rock.

yod3r
06-10-2007, 07:14 PM
yod3r - what other games do you like? if i think your taste is good enough I'll trust your judgment and DL war rock.

il tell ya b4 you DL it that its nothing like COD2 or MOH but its still fun

a couple of games iv played and liked were Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Command and Conqeur(Sp), halo, and games of that nature

wats that game you were talking about like and is it free? Also what games do you play?

HelpDeskHustler
06-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Planetside WAS free under the trial period (now over)
its basically a massive scale battlefield set in the future with 3 empires you can play as. you capture facilities that do various things with a huge variety of vehicles and weapons. it now costs like 15 bucks a month (in 2k3 it was like 5)

leed
06-10-2007, 08:39 PM
I play Americas Army. It's also 100% free, though it's a pain in the arse, because it's over 2 gigabytes to download. But I enjoy it, and it's not particularly boring, in my opinion. I'm downloading WarRock now, to see if it's any good.

yod3r
06-10-2007, 10:14 PM
I play Americas Army. It's also 100% free, though it's a pain in the arse, because it's over 2 gigabytes to download. But I enjoy it, and it's not particularly boring, in my opinion. I'm downloading WarRock now, to see if it's any good.

ya i forgot to mention i play america's army too, i like it because its a lot more realistic than most games

helpdesk-ya i looked at the site and the game looked fun but im not gonna pay that much just to play every now and then

Ace24
06-10-2007, 10:15 PM
America's Army sounds fun... I have the game. Computer is to ****ty to run it though. I got it from the Army recruiters at our school haha. Had to do 30 pushups for it.

colonel_moo
06-11-2007, 05:06 AM
i'm sorry, but americas army sucks. i dont know how you guys enjoy that game.

HelpDeskHustler
06-11-2007, 06:05 AM
i'm sorry, but americas army sucks. i dont know how you guys enjoy that game.
QFT

UKwithPride
06-11-2007, 09:40 AM
i'm sorry, but americas army sucks. i dont know how you guys enjoy that game.
I used to like it. Then I got into CSS. I dl'ed AA again and was like, "Why the hell did I ever play this?"

I've played Planetside before but my old compy was really laggy. But it was fun for what I played of it.

leed
06-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Sorry I'm poor and can't afford to pay for Counter Strike and other things such as Steam to DL it from... I think it's fun. How is it so boring, in your opinion, I'm interested to hear. Claus hasn't given me a straight answer to it yet, hahaha.

HelpDeskHustler
06-12-2007, 03:05 AM
Sorry I'm poor and can't afford to pay for Counter Strike and other things such as Steam to DL it from... I think it's fun. How is it so boring, in your opinion, I'm interested to hear. Claus hasn't given me a straight answer to it yet, hahaha.
don't be. CSS is lame. It's by far the most repetitive game I've ever played.

AA sucks because:
People want realistic weapons. IE balanced, given accurate speed power and where applicable bullet drop. Not weapon jams that are completely unrelated to how your character interacts with the environment.
Like CSS the background setting leaves little to your imagination. All it has to it is pure blood and gore with actual weapons. At least Halo has some cool futuristic weapons to wow you and has a decent story (included in side books and story mode)
Like CSS they also have a lot of mindless violence but since they pride themselves on being realistic and CSS doesn't, I'll hold them accountable and say that anyone who enjoys a "more realistic" way of running around "e-killing" people is just trying to bring games where they shouldn't go.

leed
06-12-2007, 06:10 AM
I'll hold them accountable and say that anyone who enjoys a "more realistic" way of running around "e-killing" people is just trying to bring games where they shouldn't go.

Lawlz. But thanks Claus. I can see why I don't find AA to be that boring, I personally don't care so much about all that accurate speed power, bullet drop, etc. I just think it's fun to play, especially with friends.

Sorry to have hijacked this thread, I DL'd WarRock and it won't even start.. :( It downloads or whatever, and I hit okay, and then nothing happens.

HelpDeskHustler
06-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Lawlz. But thanks Claus. I can see why I don't find AA to be that boring, I personally don't care so much about all that accurate speed power, bullet drop, etc.
thats the problem! they pride themselves on awesome realism and it really isn't that great. besides everyone knows real life doesn't make a good game. FPS gamers want guns to have different tactics behind them but still be balanced. That isn't how things are IRL. also I've read a couple of map making books, and all of them have said that you can start with a place from real life, but if you ever make a map identical to real life, 90% of the time it will suck hard, the other 10% of the time is when the place is really screwed up, or in the very rare occassion is actually a balanced environment.

yod3r
06-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Sorry to have hijacked this thread, I DL'd WarRock and it won't even start.. :( It downloads or whatever, and I hit okay, and then nothing happens.

its ok and thats wierd that it wouldnt start. Where did u download it from?

Hob Hayward
06-12-2007, 12:02 PM
I play AA, CSS on Occasion, Source Forts, a bit of ET now and then, I used to play Halo, but I haven't recently. Used to play alot of other games aswell. Havn't been playing too much of anything recently.

AA is meh in my opinion, UNLESS your playing it on TS with friends, then it becomes highly enjoyable (not entirely sure why, it just makes it whole boatload more fun, in fact, I won't play without a friend).

Halo is just classic uber MP action.

Nenkitsune
06-12-2007, 12:51 PM
I play Gunz and Gunbound. both are prety fun. Gunz is a 3rd person shooter game (with lots of matrixy stuff kinda) and gunbound is sort of like Worms (with the whole tactical tank thingy)

DFSniper
06-13-2007, 03:51 AM
i play BF2142, AA, and CS:S. AA is pretty much all tactics based (it was designed by the army for pretty much just that) which is why i love it. CS is pretty much all run and gun, like UT and Quake. 2142 is strategy based, but like all the BF games, theres a lot of shooting going on too. i was about to DL WarRock, but my friend just dl'd it and said that it wasnt all that great, so i didnt even bother and decided to stick with the games i already have.

leed
06-13-2007, 05:11 AM
its ok and thats wierd that it wouldnt start. Where did u download it from?

CNet.com

I get as far as The exe dream execution 'window,' it says it's complete, and I hit okay. Then it goes to K2 Network and exe dream execution 'window' and it says it's completed. And you hear a reloading when you scroll over the ok button. But I click on it, and it disappears and nothing happens.

DFSniper
06-13-2007, 05:18 AM
try to dl it from the actual website...

HelpDeskHustler
06-13-2007, 02:36 PM
try to dl it from the actual website...
it links you to cnet.com (download.com)