PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO:poor mans clamping feedneck and aggitated hopper

Kenny_McCormic
06-09-2007, 06:52 PM
because im bored i decided to make a little how to on making your own redneck clamping feedneck and aggitated hopper.

Disclaimer: insert standard disclaimer **** here if you **** up yourself and/or your gun its not my fault its yours for being stupid enough to listen to a 14 year old sleep deprived kid.

CLAMPING FEEDNECK
you will need:
stock non clamping feedneck
a clamping elbow
hacksaw
file
electrical tape
propane/butane torch or a zippo

first saw off the end of the elbow that attaches to the GUNS feedneck like so
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/6/15922432965.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5642838)
file the inside of the elbow to make it easier to fit on the feed neck (you will need to take off alot of material) then put the feedneck in a vice and warm it up until it just barely wont melt plastic then warm up the plastic elbow part and push it over the feedneck. after the assembly cools wrap it in electric tape to make it stronger. here is mine installed
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/6/15922135040.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5642718)
ill make anther post on how to make the air agitatted hopper (taking advantage of the popcorn effect) tomorrow

shark
06-15-2007, 08:23 AM
agitated hopper?????

Charfizcool
06-16-2007, 04:34 PM
wth how is that clamping feedneck gonna work? I remember I bought a new feedneck because my stock one didn't fit my hopper (my hopper couldn't go in).

Hossy
06-16-2007, 04:46 PM
agitated hopper?????

electronic loader

thats actually a pretty cool idea man. Good job!

Kenny_McCormic
06-16-2007, 05:12 PM
agitated hopper?????
taking advantage of blowback gas/popcorning by taping up all of the holes in the feedneck and drilling some holes in the hopper so it dont explode

Protan
07-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Is this a good idea?

vikingshadow
07-30-2007, 06:09 AM
What, the clamping feedneck or the agitated loader? I can see, in theory, that this might work. My main worry is that with the larger portion of the feedneck cut off, the slimmer portion may be too small for the balls to fit down. Obviously, though, since he uses it, it must work. Another concern is that, electrical tape aside, it'd be very fragile. One hit and it's time to buy a new feedneck. One good dive into the snack and it'd be toast - or that it'd be busy twisting around all the time turning your loader sideways.

Not so positive on the agitating loader idea, though. I'd have to see it working first.

Maxx-Damage
07-30-2007, 07:02 AM
One good dive into the snack and it'd be toast - or that it'd be busy twisting around all the time turning your loader sideways.
Vikes got food on his mind now.:p Unless its a new speedball bunker in which ive neer heard of...

Feedneck idea seems like it would lower the hopper a good inch. Is it weaker than not modding it?

Kenny_McCormic
07-30-2007, 08:36 AM
No not much weaker. the whole blowback deal doesent work for me anymore cause i have a tighter fitting derlin bolt in it now. And viking is right it was pretty delicate i never actually ended up playing with it because i found a better way to mount it.

Better way i found on pbnation
If you have a revvy use a hose clamp. Cost $6 and holds better than any feedneck I've ever seen.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/Paper_Cut1277/Paintball/DSC00047.jpg

08Lud08
07-30-2007, 10:04 AM
when I first started playing I used that and it was bad because theres no holes to release blowback so I had a lot of chops with my revy until I used the clear adapter again, then I just got clamping feedneck, they work the best.

Kenny_McCormic
07-30-2007, 11:28 AM
If you have popcorning problems swell the bolt (if derlin) and drill holes in your hopper.

vikingshadow
07-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Ooo, don't swell the Delrin! It never stops once you start, and you have to constantly sand it to fit. Big waste of money if you swell the delrin. Best to just mill it for orings and get it to seal that way.

Definitely need to drill holes in the feed neck though to allow the air to escape that way instead of up into your loader.

OR, you could get a force feed loader that keeps pressure on the stack at all times.

Kenny_McCormic
07-30-2007, 02:50 PM
really? I would think it would stop after a while. I guess im lucky I oiled my core bolt with Extreme rage oil and it didnt swell.

vikingshadow
07-30-2007, 06:01 PM
I had a delrin bolt that after it swelled once, I had to sand it every time I played after that - it was so tight once, I couldn't get it out easily. Better to try and fix the actual problem than cause others later down the road because of a "quick" fix...

DFSniper
09-13-2007, 07:01 PM
hmm, somehow i never registered the popcorn effect in all my years of playing... i have a standard Java feedneck (if anyone remembers what Dre's Vicky had...) but i never had the problem of my lid popping open, and my Ricochet AK hopper had o-rings on the feedneck, which would give it almost an air-tight seal, right? even with a force fed hopper, should i still drill holes in the neck? and if so, how?

NeedForSpeed
09-14-2007, 11:05 AM
With a force fed hopper the holes are not needing due to the fact the balls are being forced down into the marker and can't blowback up.

DFSniper
09-14-2007, 01:07 PM
alright, just making sure.