PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of my EM2 civic

UKwithPride
06-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Here's my 2001 Honda Civic EX a little before my cousin's graduation.
5 speed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/Offspringkid14/Picture007.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/Offspringkid14/Picture008.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/Offspringkid14/Picture009.jpg

Lowered with and Eibach spring kit.
All I've done to it was put on an Injen short ram air intake.

Future Plans:
Full cat back exhaust
CF front lip(JUST the front lip NOTHING else.)
RS front grill.
And then that's about it. Not looking to spend 1000's on it. Just hundreds =]

criticism welcome, I won't whine.

And here's a random video of my grandma or whatever after the graduation.
(ignore the random little girl)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/Offspringkid14/th_Picture010.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v251/Offspringkid14/?action=view&current=Picture010.flv)

marvin-martian
06-09-2007, 06:51 PM
very nice buy. how much did this run you?

mv540
06-09-2007, 07:08 PM
nice car mn...congrats..

UKwithPride
06-09-2007, 07:49 PM
it's costing me 200 a month, so around 9 grand in the end after it's payed off.

timmyshoota
06-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Honder <3

UKwithPride
06-09-2007, 10:01 PM
haha, I almost pissed myself tonight. I have NO plates whatsoever on this car because DMV hasn't sent them yet. And a CHP rolls RIGHT up behind me and I just KNEW he was gonna pull me over... He didn't lol.

leed
06-10-2007, 07:18 AM
Lalwz. I saw EM2, and was originally expecting a sweet looking EM1, but then I saw Civic and decided otherwise.

Nice car though. <3 Full Catback. Don't kill yourself with it though, that would be bad.

SupaSnipa
06-10-2007, 09:21 AM
No Offense but why the Jap Crap. You need some american muscle

Critical
06-10-2007, 10:29 AM
No offense, but why would anyone buy a current american car? Japanese cars are much better on build quality, safety, resale value, performance, fit & finish, price, fuel economy and business model. With a very few exceptions, I wouldn't buy an american car that was made after about '73.

UKwithPride
06-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Before I drove this, I was driving a 1989 Chevy c1500 with a 5.7L v8 and a full flowmaster exhaust.

Now lets see
Civic: 30 miles a gallon, 30 dollars to fill up.
Chevy: 15 miles a gallon(around 18 if i was lucky), 60 dollars to fill up.

It's all preference too. The truck was given to me, and I loved it but I just love imports...

HelpDeskHustler
06-10-2007, 11:36 AM
No offense, but why would anyone buy a current american car? Japanese cars are much better on build quality, safety, resale value, performance, fit & finish, price, fuel economy and business model..
QFT

American car companies need to stop making SU - ****ing - V's for people on their ****ing phones. (The SUV was not designed to be safe to drive(since generally they are way to easy to flip), but be safe for when you stop paying attention and slam into something)

Critical
06-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Hey now! I happen to like SUV's, and I work for one of those ****ing phone companies, making people sell phones to those idiot drivers. :D

HelpDeskHustler
06-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Hey now! I happen to like SUV's, and I work for one of those ****ing phone companies, making people sell phones to those idiot drivers. :D
What could you possibly like about SUV's
-they stop slower than cars, even though people tailgate others while driving them as if they had stopping ability of a car
-they're generally taller than wide which gives them horrible turning at high speeds, because they can be susceptible to flipping.
-They block advanced view of the roadway more of the car is not see-through like glass.
-most are negligibly more aerodynamic than a brick

I'm not against phones or phone companies... except that they charge way too much. I'm against the ****ing soccer moms and teenagers who think they can drive with their knees while texting.

Nenkitsune
06-10-2007, 04:44 PM
if i got a new car, it would be a sentra 1.8s (i have no idea why i would want one of these, 3 of my best friends have them, but i just want to turbo one XP) or a new vw rabbit (cause rabbits are hxc XP)
if i had to get an suv, i'd want either my 1990 bronco II (that blew up it's tranny and is now not mine, and is in NC) orrrr a 1990-1995 isuzu rodeo.

marvin-martian
06-10-2007, 06:53 PM
the days of american muscle are gone. in todays world, import cars (euro or asian) generally have a better build quality while maintaining looks, speed, practicality, and efficiency.

Ace24
06-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Now lets see
Civic: 30 miles a gallon, 30 dollars to fill up.
Chevy: 15 miles a gallon(around 18 if i was lucky), 60 dollars to fill up.

It's all preference too. The truck was given to me, and I loved it but I just love imports...

I disagree with that American cars after '73 statement...

Our families 2002 Buick Century Custom (with a 210 HP V6) runs at 32 highway, and like 28 city. (Thatís what I get anyway). Now tell me how that is garbage? It is so soundly built you cannot hear the engine at all on the inside. Road noise is non existent. The trunk is huge. It has plenty of power... it has a 6 speaker "Concert Sound" stereo system with a bass that vibrates my mirror out of position... It has plenty of internal room and I've gotten 6 people comfortably in it.

Best car we have ever owned... and we have owned Japanese, German, American, and Korean cars...

America knows how to build cars, you just have to find the good ones. Foreign cars are just more affordable... Although I give complete respect to Honda for their INCREDIBLE engines.

My friend has a Civic with over 250K on it and it still runs as good as the day he bought it... aside from the body rust and rattle.

UKwithPride
06-11-2007, 12:50 AM

Same, my 89 chevy has 227,XXX miles on it and STILL runs AWESOME.

Critical
06-11-2007, 03:37 AM
I did say "with some exceptions." I will admit that it sounds as if you both found those exceptions. But Ace, you nailed it when you said "you just have to find the good one's," especially with the Japanese cars, you have to look to find the bad one's.

HelpDeskHustler
06-11-2007, 07:09 AM
you don't have to look to find bad Japanese cars... all the bad ones say "Suzuki" on them :dodgy:

ace-that think is a sled

Hoppy11
06-11-2007, 08:25 AM
My weedwacker sounds better then that with a full cat back exhuast. :nododgy:

durrell
06-11-2007, 08:37 AM

lollercopter.

And I think the Japanese quality argument is getting a little old guys. Yeah, Toyota's cars in the 90's were awesome. Honda still makes great cars. But how about Toyota's recent record? They're close to having to recall every new Tundra they've sold to make major repairs to the motors. (Camshaft) In recent years their record for quality has dropped drastically. I think owning a car is like owning a computer. You either know how to take care of it and make it run like it should, or you don't..

UKwithPride
06-11-2007, 10:27 AM
1. I haven't heard one with a cat back.
2. I haven't heard your weed wacker.
3. YOU haven't heard MY car with a cat back.

So how would anyone know that MY car sounds worse than YOUR weedwacker?

Nenkitsune
06-11-2007, 02:40 PM
lollercopter.

And I think the Japanese quality argument is getting a little old guys. Yeah, Toyota's cars in the 90's were awesome. Honda still makes great cars. But how about Toyota's recent record? They're close to having to recall every new Tundra they've sold to make major repairs to the motors. (Camshaft) In recent years their record for quality has dropped drastically. I think owning a car is like owning a computer. You either know how to take care of it and make it run like it should, or you don't..

i agree. older japanese cars run forever if you take care of them, but recently the quality has gone down. i think the sentra has been pretty good recently though. subaru's design has gone down the ****ter big time (i hate the new look) if i got a new car right now, it's Germany all the way

bigred76
06-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Bit defensive there, Dan! Nice Civic, but get some damn tags on that *****. ;) Any other plans? If you do the front with some body work, the back'll need it too. Just IMO.

Offtopicness: Max, Belgian/American designs > Germany. You can have your damn Bugs, but I'll squash them. ;) I like Ford's simply because they have the correct combination of stuff I want in a truck (turbo diesel, load capacity, price, looks, accessories). The only complaint I have about them is the drivetrain that goes out often enough to give it it's acronym (Found On Road Dead). The Tundra I got to test drive was like moving a train, not even like a truck. I didn't like it at all. Honda makes alright cars, but they need to stay out of the truck market. Ridgline FTMFL.

UKwithPride
06-12-2007, 03:01 AM
Bit defensive there, Dan! Nice Civic, but get some damn tags on that *****. ;) Any other plans? If you do the front with some body work, the back'll need it too. Just IMO.

DMV blows, you know this. It's like walking into a office of retards.
Front isn't going to have much done to it besides the lip, so i'll prolly stay away from the back.

I WANT to lower it MORE in the front, but the front gets raped enough as it is and my dad said no way.

bamf-hacker
06-12-2007, 03:03 AM
****Note to self**** BAN bigred76 :)

I love my Ridgeline. If you have a family and still need a little truck bed for stuff then it is awesome. I have an over sized locking trunk for all the kid and baby stuff and MORE than enough room for 3 adults and the 2 car seats.

newkid
06-12-2007, 11:59 AM
yea the ridgeline is great for someone who doesn't hall a bunch of stuff all the time, or doesn't need a ton of bed space, it wasn't made to be a work truck

bigred76
06-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Go ahead and ban me, I'll still IM and email you saying it's a ***** truck. Puh-lease, it can't pull much less CARRY anything! For families, get a real truck with a crew cab and a lock box. :rolleyes: If you're gonna spend that much on a POS car/truck halfbreed, then you might as well go the full way one way or another.

Dan, no more lowering. Raise it up a little bit in the front, lol. Rapage of the front bumper isn't sexy, it's flat out lame.

marvin-martian
06-12-2007, 12:28 PM
dan, dont do any more exterior mods. leave it the way it is now, and upgrade performance.

Hoppy11
06-12-2007, 01:21 PM
1. I haven't heard one with a cat back.
2. I haven't heard your weed wacker.
3. YOU haven't heard MY car with a cat back.

So how would anyone know that MY car sounds worse than YOUR weedwacker?

1. My weedwacker has stock exhaust.
2. My weedwacker puts out more torque and hp then your civic.
3. Four Bangers sound like **** with anytime of exhaust on it.

I win.

camo911
06-12-2007, 01:44 PM

I win.

1. Massive yard care power!!:)
2. Can't go to work on that weedwacker can ya?
3. No, only to people who think a V-8's the only way to make power

Not trying to be an arse but i hate when people bash Civics.....

MR2 Woodsballer
06-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Civics are good solid cars. The reason I didn't get one is 1 I wanted a truck and 2 everyone has a civic. I wanted something orignal/different than everyone else.

HelpDeskHustler
06-12-2007, 01:49 PM

I win.
^ 1. and 3. QFT
2. QFBias

anyone who modifys the sound that is produced by a car is stupid besides those who silence it. The more sound an engine makes when running (not taking into account any muffling systems past the point where exaust is released from the engine) is an inefficiency of power, why would anyone want to emphasize how much power is being wasted in the air rather than on the pavement? -- since that IS the point of an import tuner rather than a muscle car; to be more effiecient with power-- don't even give me that "its intimidating!" crap or that it sounds cool. Farts are not intimidating. and unless you are 5 they aren't that cool either. Thats all a rice pipe sounds like unless it is silent. Seriously, if you don't believe us get out of your car and have your friend rev the engine while you're standing there... it sounds LIKE A FART

UKwithPride
06-12-2007, 06:35 PM
^ 1. and 3. QFT
2. QFBias

anyone who modifys the sound that is produced by a car is stupid besides those who silence it. The more sound an engine makes when running (not taking into account any muffling systems past the point where exaust is released from the engine) is an inefficiency of power, why would anyone want to emphasize how much power is being wasted in the air rather than on the pavement? -- since that IS the point of an import tuner rather than a muscle car; to be more effiecient with power-- don't even give me that "its intimidating!" crap or that it sounds cool. Farts are not intimidating. and unless you are 5 they aren't that cool either. Thats all a rice pipe sounds like unless it is silent. Seriously, if you don't believe us get out of your car and have your friend rev the engine while you're standing there... it sounds LIKE A FART
Not all sound like farts...

UKwithPride
06-12-2007, 06:36 PM
1. Massive yard care power!!:)
2. Can't go to work on that weedwacker can ya?
3. No, only to people who think a V-8's the only way to make power

Not trying to be an arse but i hate when people bash Civics.....
Hoppy's a redneck, theres not really much we can say to him. He won't be able to comprehend it.

HelpDeskHustler
06-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Not all sound like farts...
silent or like farts

timmyshoota
06-12-2007, 07:04 PM

Our families 2002 Buick Century Custom (with a 210 HP V6) runs at 32 highway, and like 28 city. (Thatís what I get anyway). Now tell me how that is garbage? It is so soundly built you cannot hear the engine at all on the inside. Road noise is non existent. The trunk is huge. It has plenty of power... it has a 6 speaker "Concert Sound" stereo system with a bass that vibrates my mirror out of position... It has plenty of internal room and I've gotten 6 people comfortably in it.

Best car we have ever owned... and we have owned Japanese, German, American, and Korean cars...

America knows how to build cars, you just have to find the good ones. Foreign cars are just more affordable... Although I give complete respect to Honda for their INCREDIBLE engines.

My friend has a Civic with over 250K on it and it still runs as good as the day he bought it... aside from the body rust and rattle.

I'm calling huge shens on the Buick, only because I've driven them before. They don't get anywhere near that MPG.

Ace24
06-12-2007, 10:13 PM
True to those who only put a can on it and don't modify the entire exaust system, put a intake on it, blow off valves, and a turbo.

I heard a black Mitsubishi Galant that scared the living crap out of me. It had all that I stated above and sounded like a monster. It wasn't just sound either. That thing took off like a rocket.

The other day I saw a 350Z that had the setup and alot more that I listed above. It tried to race my brother in his Mustang... but we wouldn't race him. Then his little "gang" of racers came up behind us. That was a really cool experience... aside from the fact that you could clearly tell he was the serious one in the group. He was the only one with serious mods to his car. The rest of them had "farts". Although the guy with the Corvette was pretty cool.

Performance > Apperience. Give me a Subaru WRX STi in black and let me take that huge spoiler off and I'll be in tuner heaven. :)

I'm calling huge shens on the Buick, only because I've driven them before. They don't get anywhere near that MPG.

Mine does. I'll swear by it and we record the gas on a little card every time we fill up. I also reset the trip odo. every time I fill up.

Hoppy11
06-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Hoppy's a redneck, theres not really much we can say to him. He won't be able to comprehend it.

Oh yeah.. that makes me stupid. Forgot.

vwjimmy
06-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Sorry man, those figures are accurate for a 3.4 and the 3800 II on the highway....
More like 23-25 in the city unless your foot is lead....

UKwithPride
06-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Oh yeah.. that makes me stupid. Forgot.
criticism doesn't mean post a smart ass remark.

Ace24
06-13-2007, 08:55 PM
Sorry man, those figures are accurate for a 3.4 and the 3800 II on the highway....
More like 23-25 in the city unless your foot is lead....
I was going to say... it depends on how you drive as well. Depends on how often you slow down, how fast you accelerate, and how much you want to spend on gas. lol I've figured out how to best accelerate and such to save gas due to being broke and I've gotten close to 300 miles on a tank of gas before. (98% of it was highway driving though)

Nenkitsune
06-13-2007, 08:56 PM
lol ace, i agree on the subie. but if i got picky enough, it would be an older 1999 subaru wrx WITH the wing on it. but only because well...i might end up using it for road courses XP my dream is to take a 1965 vw notchback, paint it subie blue and put the entire subaru drive train in it, with a tube chassis on it. (to support the suspension and engine

Ace24
06-13-2007, 09:57 PM
I was reading up on the spoiler and aparently it does make a difference with downforce... they did engineer it right. I'd keep it lmao.

Hoppy11
06-14-2007, 05:28 AM
criticism doesn't mean post a smart ass remark.

You are the one who posted the smartass remark first about me being a hick. So shut it.

timmyshoota
06-14-2007, 07:32 AM
I was going to say... it depends on how you drive as well. Depends on how often you slow down, how fast you accelerate, and how much you want to spend on gas. lol I've figured out how to best accelerate and such to save gas due to being broke and I've gotten close to 300 miles on a tank of gas before. (98% of it was highway driving though)

Um. 300 miles on that car would mean you only got just under 18mpg average. Its got a 17gal tank. I want to see where you find these numbers on a supercharged Century. Neither Edmunds nor Fueleconomy.gov list a Century with a blower in 2002, and even then its rated to average 21-23mpg.

Ace or Jim.

durrell
06-14-2007, 10:13 AM
If anyone bashes anyone else on a personal level in this thread it will be closed and the offending person will be banned. And UK, you already know you're on thin ice..you better watch yourself. Hopps has been warned too.

bigred76
06-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Ouchies... Such harsh words!

Dan, how high is your front bumper from the pavement? Just wondering...

UKwithPride
06-14-2007, 10:37 PM
I'm no good at ALL with estimates... 6 inches give or take?

Ace24
06-14-2007, 11:14 PM
I never said it was supercharged... I said it was the 2002 Buick Century Custom. I also don't think it has a 17 gallon tank. I'm going to check later today but I'm pretty sure its closer to 12.

bigred76
06-14-2007, 11:22 PM
Lol, that's just right, keep it at that height so you don't scrape your paint off!

The Centuries of those years are a 3.1L SHO V6 if my memory serves me right...

Ace24
06-14-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm going to check come sunup and end this... I'm getting p.o.ed. The thing online says it gets 20 city, 29 highway if its the 175-hp @ 5,200 rpm, 195 lbs.-ft. @ 4,000 rpm that I'm starting to think it is... (If so, there is an error with where I got my information and numbers got scrambled in my mind)

Here is the info that I was given... http://research.cars.com/go/crp/research.jsp?makeid=7&logtype=7&modelid=54&acode=USB20BUC011A0&superTrim=&mode=&year=2002&myid=744&destURL=features.jsp&section=features&mode=&aff=national

Ace24
06-15-2007, 02:18 PM
It has the 3100 SFI engine which is a 3.1 Litre V-6. I think it is the 175 hp one... but I can't find anywhere where it tells the tank size...

timmyshoota
06-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Edmunds.com has better specs for cars, thats where I got the tank size.

UKwithPride
06-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Lol, that's just right, keep it at that height so you don't scrape your paint off!

The Centuries of those years are a 3.1L SHO V6 if my memory serves me right...
California law is that no part of the car body or something like that isn't allowed to be past the bottom of the rim. Although, the headlights have to be 26 inches off the ground.

Voodoo
06-18-2007, 12:16 AM
Pleeze do me a favor and dont put a fart can on it. :D :D :D

UKwithPride
06-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Pleeze do me a favor and dont put a fart can on it. :D :D :D
lol no fart can, just full catback exhaust. and yes, it WILL be running a silencer because of california's sound laws.:rolleyes:

Voodoo
06-18-2007, 02:01 PM
I have never had a problem with sound in California on a car or truck, i sure would not worry about it.

UKwithPride
06-19-2007, 12:53 AM
I have never had a problem with sound in California on a car or truck, i sure would not worry about it.
well new law says that the law enforcement doesn't need to test the sound, they can issue a citation just by their judgement.