PDA

View Full Version : Official Flame Therapy

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]

WhatThaSmurf
07-01-2010, 09:15 AM
but it's annoying how openly gay-hating they are. it's one thing to not like it. that's their opinion, but they dont have to harass them behind their backs.
For most people it is how they are raised. My father is a very kind man, and likes to give everyone a shot. But he was raised and educated in a world where (here, in the South) to be gay was sinful and to be a minority made you inferior. He does not mean to be so bigamous, but it was just what he learned. I won't lie and say that I wasn't raised that way, and that I don't have a hard time thinking poorly of minorities. But I get past it much more easily than he does because of the openness of society.

friend moved away this weekend. yes, the girl i was crushing on the whole time. on the bright side, she invited me to go camping with her and some friends for 4 days in august.
Funny how these two things tie together, but I got you beat. The girl I've been chasing for the last two weeks? She just told me the other night that her only real relationships she has had in her life have been with other girls. I'm cool with it, but it totally changes the dynamic of the relationship. Funny thing is, she's now more confused about herself after spending time with me than ever.

DFSniper
07-01-2010, 09:35 AM
yeah, this girl doesnt know if she wants to be more than friends or not. before we really got to know each other, she wanted me, but weve become really close, and at the time she had a thing for this other guy, and she had told me that she didnt want me to "get hurt" so we never got physical. and now she lives 3 hours away, so either A, we'll stay in touch as friends, or B, she finally realizes what she had in me and make up her mind.

WhatThaSmurf
07-01-2010, 09:39 AM
That does indeed suck, but you still didn't fall for a gay girl. But how do you not fall for a girl who is strikingly attractive, likes to play paintball, has the same taste in music as you, and can stomp your ass at Mario on the NES? I knew there had to be a catch.

DFSniper
07-01-2010, 10:01 AM
i thought she was lesbian at first. turns out shes just bi (but prefers guys)

bigred76
07-01-2010, 02:10 PM
I don't know about your families hating gays and all... it's not like they live right down the road from the biggest hub of gays in the US... It's not the gays themselves that set me off, it's their mannerisms. I do not want another man patting my ass. I do not want another man touching my hair and calling me "cute." I do not want to have another man blowing kisses at me. You take a walk through San Francisco, and these are the things that happen if you stray into their district.

xsvly-fat
07-01-2010, 03:11 PM
i thought she was lesbian at first. turns out shes just bi (but prefers guys)

Well that could be alot of fun... Haha.

Oh the gay subject, the way I see it is what they do in the bed room shouldn't be anyone elses concern, it's their choice not ours.

WhatThaSmurf
07-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Well that could be alot of fun... Haha.

Not going to lie, I wouldn't be disappointed if that's how it turned out for me.

xsvly-fat
07-03-2010, 03:30 AM
I wouldn't be complaining if it happened to me haha.

I hate having three bosses, two tell me to come in at 4 am and when I get there the other boss says he already had another guy do it and didn't need me, then he thought I was high when the other bosses told me because my eyes are red from not sleeping lol.

paintballkid0206
07-03-2010, 10:11 PM
i give up trying to get my "big sister" back...

DFSniper
07-03-2010, 10:26 PM
someone scraped up my bumper pretty bad today.

bamf-hacker
08-04-2010, 06:23 PM
I have been waiting for a friend to fly in and his flight has been delayed all night. I live too far from the airport to just go home and the wifi at McD's sucks. It's a no win for me.

WhatThaSmurf
08-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Find a Krystal, they have better wifi. Sleep in your car?

shunut
10-06-2010, 07:27 PM
I hate Calculus.

DFSniper
10-07-2010, 08:44 AM
me too. after almost failing it twice, i switched majors, lol

debit card should be here next week. luckily i have enough cash to keep me going til then!

WhatThaSmurf
10-07-2010, 04:36 PM
I hate Calculus.

I rocked Calculus's socks off years ago, if I tried it now it would eat me alive.

So I currently work for my uncle, a job I really, really don't like. I'm constantly looking for another place to work that won't put me in a constantly poor mood, but nobody will hire me because I already have a job and they are giving priority to the unemployed. I hate when people have legitimate reasons to not do what you want.

shunut
10-08-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm getting an A in the class, I just hate that something that I will never use takes so much of my time.

Bought a "Brand New, In Unopened Box" Magic Mouse for my Mac, came in a open box, used. I wasn't used much, probably just tested but it ain't as advertised. I knew I should have just went down to the Apple store and bought one.

TheDarkShadow
11-01-2010, 09:11 AM
my FFL WRs and RBs had a meh day at best and my D/ST got -2pts. just great

DFSniper
11-01-2010, 10:21 AM
i wish it was easier to get cheap tickets home for christmas. i cant afford $1k for a flight, im sure my parents will pay for it, but i dont want them to spend that money. i havent been home in a year and a half and i already have the 22-27th off from work...

marvin-martian
11-06-2010, 04:40 PM
So last night was one of the worst nights in recent history for me. Yes it's girl related. Yes I feel dumb posting it. Anyway, this girl whom I have had feelings for since highschool cant respect the fact that I still get upset when she talks about or does anything with some other guy. I have been able to talk about it and give advice fine, but last night...thfhgrfgbsfd. Long story short, her me and this dudeman were at her house watching movies, talking, drinking etc and she thinks its ok to flirt hard with him right in front of me. I had to go the entire night watching her bend over in front of him, mess up his hair, touch him. To top it off, she pretty much kickd me out after the movie and lied to me about him staying. All the while I can't say or do anything without being a bad friend. Fun fun fun...

WhatThaSmurf
11-06-2010, 05:38 PM
It can be hard to get over these sort of things. I still can't look at pictures of my friend with her girlfriend (yes, her girlfriend) without becoming frustrated. She never led me on or anything, at least not on purpose, but she still did enough to give me hope for a while. Then she dropped off the map after I found her a new girlfriend. That's right, I am the cause of my own pain because I was trying to be the best friend I could. All's good between us now, but it still upsets me a little bit to see her with someone else.

I guess it's better than her deciding she wants to settle down and picking some other guy. I am terrified for when that day eventually happens. She has told me she wants to get married and have children one day. I honestly hope I will be able to stand it if it isn't me.

marvin-martian
11-06-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm able to talk about guys with her and help out, giving good advice and insight. I just wish she had the respect not to do crap right in front of my face and wonder why I seem upset.

WhatThaSmurf
11-06-2010, 06:05 PM
I get that. Like I said, I actually found my friend her current girlfriend. Still eats me up to see them together. But if she ever has anything she needs advice on, I can clear any personal feelings away and focus on giving the most helpful advice I can. That's what you has to focus on. There are things more important than being with someone. Helping that person be happy with whoever they choose is part of being a good friend. If you believe in Karma, then you have hope that it will come back your way in some fashion.

MYNEWMR2
12-18-2010, 11:06 AM
I was supposed to play paintball today. It rained. All my friends chickened out. And since my parents won't let me go unless I have someone I know there, I didn't play paintball today.

The mods are infracting me for things I did not know about and was not intentionally doing.

My mom got really pissed (mods i don't know whether you guys consider that a bad word, if so change it) at me when she and my little brother started taunting me (AGAIN) about a girl who I do not like and I flipped out and yelled at them to stop it and I expressed how tired of it I am...

UKwithPride
12-18-2010, 11:10 AM
How old are you?

MYNEWMR2
12-18-2010, 11:15 AM
14... why?

Yes my parents are paranoid/ overprotective...

DRAGON
12-18-2010, 11:36 AM
The mods are infracting me for things I did not know about and was not intentionally doing....

Fractures aren't really a bad thing. They're just warnings that you may be doing things you shouldn't. Seems you should review the posting rules here a few more times to evade any further negative attention from the staff. No one's picking on you. We really do appreciate your presence here. Abiding and knowing the posting rules will make things easier on all of us - :waytogo:

In the mean time, please enjoy the forums family oriented attitude -

MYNEWMR2
12-18-2010, 12:22 PM
In the mean time, please enjoy the forums family oriented attitude -

What do you mean?

DRAGON
12-18-2010, 04:17 PM
What do you mean?

That was in code so of course you did not understand it. :dodgy: Learn the Tao of the KUSA code and you will know all. Until then, keep kool and everything will be everything(that was in code too) -

MYNEWMR2
12-18-2010, 04:30 PM
That was in code so of course you did not understand it. :dodgy: Learn the Tao of the KUSA code and you will know all. Until then, keep kool and everything will be everything(that was in code too) -

:confused: :confused: :confused: I have no idea what you are talking about.

marvin-martian
12-18-2010, 08:33 PM
It means no FBTs =[

UKwithPride
12-18-2010, 10:42 PM
He's only 14 anyways!

druid
12-19-2010, 12:31 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused: I have no idea what you are talking about.

I have no idea what you were infracted for...but let me help you with 'what he meant".......

New forum members will wander here by accident or on purpose. Some hunt the Internet looking for specific help but on many occasions, they find forums by clicking member 'feedback links" on other forums.

Many forums, such as this one, set their rules in place, so that the average parent [me as one example] would have NO issue with his 11yr old daughter reading any/all posts. Even though I'm 40 yrs old, I have been infracted when I lost my temper with another member. In hindsight, I stooped to that child's level and acted as bad [or worse?] and suffered the consequences for it.

Some other forums really don't care what the content of the board contains ::cough TECHPB and NATION cough:: and the kiddies run amok with their mouths and attitudes.

New members tend to think that because one or two forums are like this, that they can act that way on ALL of them and - that's simply not the case.

You need to read the forum rules and abide by them...just like anything else you encounter in life....

Take a knife to school and get expelled.
Run a stop sign and get a ticket.
Drink and drive and lose your license/go to jail.
Tick me off at work and get the beating of a life time [Department of Corrections] :D

Forums are ways for people who don't normally get to talk to each other, get to talk to each other.

...but there has to be a point in which they "draw the line in the sand" - so to speak. "This is OK behavior but this is not." It doesn't "add" to the community to be dropping the "F" bomb every 5th word. Many people feel it detracts from the "family orientation" this site enjoys. Likewise, no one wants to hear how they got stoned last night. No one is impressed by that kind of illegal activity. I'm 40 years old and have been able to [legally] consume alcohol for 19 years.....yet.....you NEVER see me post a "favorite beverage" thread on forums that don't allow it.

I hope this helps you understand the mindset of "why" things are done a certain way....or why certain outcomes have been decided regarding someone's actions.

MYNEWMR2
12-19-2010, 08:09 AM
To clarify, I did not post ANYHTING remotely innapropriate. I was infracted for 1. Spamming which I didn't realize I was doing and 2. "Free Ups" because I posted in a BST thread that "didn't have to do with inquiring about an item for sale"

marvin-martian
12-19-2010, 08:19 AM
You were just being notified of the rules. You aren't in trouble.

MYNEWMR2
12-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Ha I know.

druid
12-19-2010, 02:51 PM
To clarify, I did not post ANYHTING remotely innapropriate. I was infracted for 1. Spamming which I didn't realize I was doing and 2. "Free Ups" because I posted in a BST thread that "didn't have to do with inquiring about an item for sale"

Well, I wasn't 'fishing' for what you were infracted for...lol. I was simply saying why things "are" the way they are.

Still in all, it's always best to refresh your memory with a forums rules from time to time.

bigred76
12-19-2010, 04:23 PM
It means no FBTs =[

Major :(

shunut
04-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Somebody must have knocked or dropped my MacBook Pro and the corner of it is absolutely smashed. I wouldn't be so mad if someone would have said, "Hey, I'm sorry, I dropped your MacBook..." Instead of just leaving it for me to find.

TheDarkShadow
04-08-2011, 06:29 PM
wow that realllly sucks, someone is a real *******

bamf-hacker
04-08-2011, 07:06 PM
Somebody must have knocked or dropped my MacBook Pro and the corner of it is absolutely smashed. I wouldn't be so mad if someone would have said, "Hey, I'm sorry, I dropped your MacBook..." Instead of just leaving it for me to find.

Just send it to me for disposal. It is now a fire hazard.

shunut
04-09-2011, 08:00 AM
Just send it to me for disposal. It is now a fire hazard.

LOL, its in the mail, so hold your breath and it will be there before you know it.

vikingshadow
04-09-2011, 08:08 AM
Orrrrrr, you could send it to me and I can fix it for ya. Might take a couple of years, due to my "work load" *coughcough*...but you'd get it back eventually....

No rain. Grassfires. Wind with 60+ mph gusts. Live in a neighborhood that is mostly surrounded by nice, dry, very flammable, grass fields...and 93 degrees today. It's been an interesting 2 weeks around here.

durrell
04-10-2011, 09:32 AM

I feel your pain. I don't know where or when my happened, just that it happened right after I got it. That was 2 years ago, though, so I feel pretty good that I've taken such good care of it since then. I travel with it literally everyday.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/468459/IMG_20110410_132338.jpg

shunut
04-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Mine looks almost exactly like that d, except I think its the other corner on mine.

MYNEWMR2
04-12-2011, 05:13 AM
Ooh. I feel your pain Shunut... I protect my Vaio (yes, not as fancy as a macbook) like a wild animal protecting food. :dodgy:

That's why I don't let it outta my sight.

marvin-martian
04-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Girl whom I have been interested in/seen as the right/perfect fit for me for the past 2 years has started relations with her professor...

WTF

TheDarkShadow
04-14-2011, 05:19 AM
Girl whom I have been interested in/seen as the right/perfect fit for me for the past 2 years has started relations with her professor...

WTF

Not only does that suck. that's pretty damn gross

durrell
04-14-2011, 11:22 AM

WTF

I thought that kind of stuff only happened in the movies. Lol.

DFSniper
04-14-2011, 11:25 AM
define "started relations". dinner and a movie or sucky sucky you give me A+!

marvin-martian
04-14-2011, 11:34 AM
I thought that kind of stuff only happened in the movies. Lol.

Apparently not =/

define "started relations". dinner and a movie or sucky sucky you give me A+!

I don't know full details (I asked for her to shut up about it) but I know something happened Monday in regard to a kiss, and she just got a 100 on a test (which I think she actually did well on). Anyway...

TheDarkShadow
04-14-2011, 02:03 PM
that is so damn weird.

UKwithPride
04-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Life has been... interesting lately. A lot of mixed emotions about it. I don't really know how to explain it, but in the end I always feel unhappy about it. I have friends that I'm always with, but for some reason it doesn't feel enough and it seems like I'm just wasting my potential away. I want to actually LIVE life, not conform to it. I think I'm feeling this way is because of financial burdens I have. I've been out of work since the beginning of October, I'm not in school, and I literally have 8 dollars to my name. I had to ask for change for the first time last night just to get enough gas to get home.(Had to go into town for a drug test for Walmart, so depending on the results*which should be a pass*, I WILL have a job.) But even then, I don't think I'll be happy working with them. I'm probably just rambling a lot, but I haven't talked to anyone about this so I'm just letting it all out. I'm almost 22 years old and have nothing to show for it. Single also, how fun. I've contemplated selling my car to pay off my debts and then just going on a trip by myself with any extra cash I'd have with me, just to get out for awhile and reconstruct my brain.

durrell
04-21-2011, 12:04 PM
This may sound harsh, but judging by your posts you kind of have your priorities in the wrong place. You seem to really enjoy (and have time to) partying, working on your car, etc. but yet you're still unemployed. I'm the same age as you and I have a mortgage, wife, and a full-time job. I didn't get any handouts from my parents. I buckled down and paid/worked my way through college and now I'm reaping the benefits. Of course, that meant working basically full time from the age of about 19 to now, and never having any time for a social life, but I'm reaping the benefits now.

There comes a time when partying and blowing money just isn't enough to maintain happiness. Most adults seek a sense of stability and independence, and it sounds like that's what your after. If that's the case, calm down some, buckle down and get a steady job and possibly an education, and start your life. I definitely wouldn't sell the car just to blow the money on a trip. Use that money to start saving and getting things in line for a stable future.

Hope that doesn't sound offensive, just my .02.

UKwithPride
04-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Not offensive at all. And lately I haven't been partying, getting trashed, worked on my car or anything like that. In fact, I don't even really like to drink anymore. All my money that I had went towards insurance, credit card payments, and gas. I've been actively looking for work since I left my job in October. Everywhere I applied at said to come back in May or they weren't hiring at all. Up until October, I've had a job ever since I was legally able to work in California (16) and I've had 4 jobs since then. Also working on my car is usually free or costs me to help with my friends yard work or something like that. I definitely have priorities, and I'm just trying to get them straightened out, but it's just difficult. It must be different there too, because I've never had a full time job, and all of my friends(that work) have never had one either. Everywhere here you're considered part time and would be lucky to get 40 hours a week.

DFSniper
04-21-2011, 04:11 PM
i moved out of the house at 20. this was august. i had a job from september to december, got "let go" 2wks before christmas. i made about $900/mo working 3 days a week. my roommate's boyfriend was a hardcore stoner (im talking 24/7) and small time dealer. i put up with it because i was paying under $300 a month for everything and had tons of money to blow on paintball (was up to 14 guns at one point). after i lost my job, i was in a hardcore slump. NO ONE was hiring, so i spent all my free time (was in college at the time, 2 days a week, 2 online classes) playing video games. i ended up selling about $1k worth of paintball guns and at least $500 worth of gear to pay rent/gas/food. my roommate's boyfriend gave me hell because i "wasnt trying hard enough" to find a job and refused to go back to fast food. putting up with his bull**** put me in a huge slump. i basically had my bedroom (a 9'x11' box) while he and his girlfriend "owned" the rest of the apartment. and since they were always high, they were too distracted to take care of the place other than once a month when he would go on a cleaning binge and ***** at me for not helping out. our relationship degraded to the point where i REFUSED to wash dishes because i was the only one getting them done. finally in march (with $200 to my name) i got a job at walmart, and was getting consistent hours, so while i was working a lot more, i was making as much as i was before. now that i had a job, they wanted me to constantly go out and buy groceries, and even when we split the bill, they still ate most of the food. things didnt help when my roommate's brother started living with us (rent free) and i didnt feel like butting heads with all 3. about 3-4 months before our lease was up, they broke up and my roommate and her brother moved back home, so it was just me and her (now) ex-boyfriend splitting the rent. he started getting really heavy into oxy, and it got to the point where he would get home from work and basically get high and pop pills until he passed out on the couch. the ending is a real kicker too...apparently he sold pot to some kid with a wire and had to start going to court. with the rent at $500 a person now, we were really both short on cash, and my hours were starting to fluctuate. he had talked about getting a townhouse with his brother and another friend, and told me i could stay there until the other friend moved in. but with the whole court thing, he ended up moving in with his parents and i had less than 2 months to find my own place. so here i was living in a 1 bedroom apartment with 2/3 of my paycheck going towards bills, working part time and going to school. thats pretty much how the past 8-9 months have gone for me. luckily, having been at walmart a year now, ive gotten to know all my bosses pretty well, and talked one into giving me 40 hours, but im not officially at full-time status yet. i went home for christmas and basically got a job offer (now that ive graduated) and ive decided to take it. now i have 3 months to prepare for the move. i used all my graduation money to put a down payment on a truck, so now while im working more, i have more bills to pay too. my next 6 paychecks i will be scraping together EVERY LAST CENT to insure that i can make the trip to alaska and finally get my life started. oh, and somewhere along the way i met this really great girl and we started a long distance relationship, and that is a hell in itself. women are great, but the drama that comes with them i can do without.

durrell
04-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Not offensive at all. And lately I haven't been partying, getting trashed, worked on my car or anything like that. In fact, I don't even really like to drink anymore. All my money that I had went towards insurance, credit card payments, and gas. I've been actively looking for work since I left my job in October. Everywhere I applied at said to come back in May or they weren't hiring at all. Up until October, I've had a job ever since I was legally able to work in California (16) and I've had 4 jobs since then. Also working on my car is usually free or costs me to help with my friends yard work or something like that. I definitely have priorities, and I'm just trying to get them straightened out, but it's just difficult. It must be different there too, because I've never had a full time job, and all of my friends(that work) have never had one either. Everywhere here you're considered part time and would be lucky to get 40 hours a week.

Glad to hear it man. Perhaps it would be worth your while to look at out of state jobs if you're wanting a change of scenery. I hope it turns around for you.

It must be different here because basically there are two routes out of high school: full time work or full time school. Don't see too many doing anything else.

UKwithPride
04-21-2011, 06:35 PM
Glad to hear it man. Perhaps it would be worth your while to look at out of state jobs if you're wanting a change of scenery. I hope it turns around for you.

It must be different here because basically there are two routes out of high school: full time work or full time school. Don't see too many doing anything else.

Thanks. I actually moved north to Oregon for around 2 months a couple months ago, ended up coming back because it was the same up there, no work, no school. A lot of my friends ended up in the military and stuff like that.

Sniper, your situation sounded kinda similar to my experience in my apartment as well lol. I was living with a couple except instead of smoking they were doing other drugs like pills and other powdery substances and the likes. I never used dishes and always got *****ed at for not doing the dishes, things like that. Then the boyfriend would always hide is drugs and say they were mine when his gf would find them. Sad to say, I myself got pretty deep into drugs when I lived there and am actually thankful that I got out when I did. Everyday I would meet up with my friend Jenna and we would just take pills all day, it got pretty bad. Everyone has their own story though, and to have that story they need to experience certain things, so that's what I chalk it up as. I'm just super thankful for this job at walmart, I REALLY hope I get it. I'll be starting at $9.40 an hour, which is more than a dollar more that I was making when I LEFT Target after 2.5 years. And it'll be 10 PM to 7 AM four days a week.

xsvly-fat
04-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Life has been... interesting lately. A lot of mixed emotions about it. I don't really know how to explain it, but in the end I always feel unhappy about it. I have friends that I'm always with, but for some reason it doesn't feel enough and it seems like I'm just wasting my potential away. I want to actually LIVE life, not conform to it. I think I'm feeling this way is because of financial burdens I have. I've been out of work since the beginning of October, I'm not in school, and I literally have 8 dollars to my name. I had to ask for change for the first time last night just to get enough gas to get home.(Had to go into town for a drug test for Walmart, so depending on the results*which should be a pass*, I WILL have a job.) But even then, I don't think I'll be happy working with them. I'm probably just rambling a lot, but I haven't talked to anyone about this so I'm just letting it all out. I'm almost 22 years old and have nothing to show for it. Single also, how fun. I've contemplated selling my car to pay off my debts and then just going on a trip by myself with any extra cash I'd have with me, just to get out for awhile and reconstruct my brain.

I know how you feel, I'm 18 going to college for a job I don't really want to do, work the same dead end job I have been for the past two years, and I only have a few close friends (several of who are moving soon). I feel like I should do more in life but but I just don't know how to do it or I just don't try hard enough :/

paintballkid0206
04-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Thinking about college.
College thoughts = anxiety attack. 'nuff said... thought i was done with this...

shunut
06-10-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm quite tired of people with kids who like to download "music" and get viruses. Sure making a few bucks is okay, but cleaning off viruses and getting a computer in working order again is extremely boring.

marvin-martian
06-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Teach them how to do it safely!

Ace24
06-10-2011, 04:33 PM
So if anyone lives in Rochester, NY or in the one of the suburbs, you know of my pain. I can't stand having to drive these streets, constantly screwing up my suspension because the city is too lazy and takes far too long to fill holes that they dig, or holes that are caused by nature!

So for the past 7 days, there has been a hole, gradually growing, in the end of my driveway. I came home 7 days ago to find they dug up the grass and were digging next to our street drainage grate. I just assumed they would have it finished in a matter of days and it was covered by a metal slab of steel. I didn't think anything of it, until the hole started to grow. By day 3 the hole had another 4 feet towards my driveway cut out. Ok, fine, they're probably just going to fix the drainage and put it back. Day 5 the hole reaches across 75% of my ****ing driveway. This time, they un-covered the hole and put a piece of plywood across the drain.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/240071_10150276359463799_757403798_8969615_3709228 _o.jpg

There is no number for me to call because the construction vehicles that were there were from the city and they had no idea who is doing the work. All they told me was, "the company that is doing the work will be by later today to fill up the hole with concrete." Well it's over 24 hours later and no one has come to fill the hole. So I'm expected to leave my car on the street where it could get ran into (if you know upstate NY drivers, you know most of them can't drive) or broken into. If it does, I'm going to the city and making them pay. I can't believe this.

UPDATE:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/241446_10150276376993799_757403798_8969867_3339480 _o.jpg

marvin-martian
06-10-2011, 05:08 PM
The only thing that saves us from bureaucracy is its inefficiency

leed
06-11-2011, 06:03 AM
So if anyone lives in Rochester, NY or in the one of the suburbs, you know of my pain. I can't stand having to drive these streets, constantly screwing up my suspension because the city is too lazy and takes far too long to fill holes that they dig, or holes that are caused by nature!

So for the past 7 days, there has been a hole, gradually growing, in the end of my driveway. I came home 7 days ago to find they dug up the grass and were digging next to our street drainage grate. I just assumed they would have it finished in a matter of days and it was covered by a metal slab of steel. I didn't think anything of it, until the hole started to grow. By day 3 the hole had another 4 feet towards my driveway cut out. Ok, fine, they're probably just going to fix the drainage and put it back. Day 5 the hole reaches across 75% of my ****ing driveway. This time, they un-covered the hole and put a piece of plywood across the drain.

[ig]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/240071_10150276359463799_757403798_8969615_3709228 _o.jpg[/img]

There is no number for me to call because the construction vehicles that were there were from the city and they had no idea who is doing the work. All they told me was, "the company that is doing the work will be by later today to fill up the hole with concrete." Well it's over 24 hours later and no one has come to fill the hole. So I'm expected to leave my car on the street where it could get ran into (if you know upstate NY drivers, you know most of them can't drive) or broken into. If it does, I'm going to the city and making them pay. I can't believe this.

UPDATE:
[IG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/241446_10150276376993799_757403798_8969867_3339480 _o.jpg[/IMG]

That's pretty bad man... Roads here aren't too bad.. But don't ever go to Chicago. In the suburbs, the roads are HORRIBLE. My brother ended up losing all his 'hubcaps' (little caps that sit atop the axle nut) in less than 3 months from driving around there.

TheDarkShadow
07-02-2011, 01:21 PM
my brother just bought a 99 Mitsuishi Galant w/136k from a used car lot and he got ****ed over. The POS overheated on the drive home within 20 minutes, those bastards at the car lot had to have known that something was wrong with it. now he has a broken down car that he just bought AND a tow bill. what a bunch of ****ers

Ace24
07-07-2011, 05:12 PM
So I haven't been on here in a long time and I need to vent right now. (This is probably also the jack on the rocks making me want to type too... but that's besides the point)

So... where to start. Well, some of you may remember Rika. I pretty much fixed her life when we started dating. I got her off of drugs, away from wanting to kill her self, away from cigarettes, and away from the people who badly influenced her. I helped her see the light and to see that she had great potential in life. Well, she's in college now to be an EE with a robotics option at Rochester Institute of Technology. This isn't an easy school, nore is it cheap. Luckily she's a female Asian that got good grades, so she gets to go for practically free. Anyway, I'm rambling. We split about 6 months ago (the 3rd would have marked our 4 year anniversary) due to complications in the relationship. I had some serious anger issues when I lost my mother and could not handle stress well. I work as a sales associate at Advance Auto Parts in the city of Rochester and it's anything but a stress free job. This resulted badly. I would come home from work, stressed, and listen to her stress at school. This made me worse. Not to meantion, I would snap if I didn't get a few minutes to relax after work, to my self, with out interruption from anyone and she didn't understand this.

Anyway, we would fight... quite a bit during her second year of college... I at one point wanted to call it off because I felt she was cheating on me (she did once before and it was getting to a similar feeling that I had before) but didn't realize she was just really stressed and I wouldn't accept that, so I shut her out. Of course this makes things worse. So we go on a trip to Toronto with her family. It was a great trip, we had a bunch of fun, but the day after we came back, she tells me (right after I get out of work) that I'm an embarrassment to her and that she's never taking me on a trip again. This set me off. (I laughed at a couple signs and was being a tourist in china town Toronto, big ****ing deal) I told her that, "I find the ignorance between languages and the translation to be funny sometimes." She said, "Ignorance?" I replied with, "Oh I'm sorry, I forgot that you don't know what that means."

That was pretty much our last fight. I raged, (mind you she had her brother and friend in the room at the same time, which embarrassed the hell out of me) left her room, went to the living room and sat on the couch to watch a comedy. Her brother followed me and sat down to talk and watch as well. Her and I weren't on speaking terms for a while and then when we talked again, she asked if we could "take a break." Never again will I ever "take a break." If you feel that way, we're breaking up. I'm sick of childish games. Anyway, so time passes on this break and we kiss a few times and admit we miss each other. (even got.... well... you know...) She then kisses me and asks if we can wait until I get my GED to get back together because it's something thats been bothering her. I agreed and we kissed one last time.

I got my GED and asked her, "...so whats going to happen between us? I fulfilled my promise, I got my GED faster than anyone in the program has ever done it before and passed on my first try." She replies with, "this time apart has shown me that we really don't have anything in common. We aren't compatible and you're too immature for me." This shocked the living **** out of me. I dropped my maturity level to that of hers because I was sick of feeling embarrassed when we went out with friends and figured if I could act "younger" I could feel better. It worked... but apparently she changed without me noticing.

The whole time we were on break, I would try to talk to her and fix things, to figure out what the hell I did so that I wouldn't do it again. She kept running away and wouldn't tell me anything. To me, that right there is gross immaturity. I even spoke to one of her friends recently about the breakup (she didn't realize we had broken it off) and her friend said, "Rika? Mature? You must be really ****ing immature then..."

So, there it stands. The love of my life, that changed my life, that was there for me when my mother died, ON RIKA'S BIRTHDAY, is now gone. I still love her, but see that it was one sided from the beginning and that it wasn't true as I had hoped. I'm still friends with her brother and I go drinking with her dad all the time. I help him out with cars and whatnot and have a solid relationship with both of them... but it hurts every time I see her. I just hope she can find someone that loves her as much as I do, that she can love equally.

This pain has been dwelling inside of me for 6 months and nothing I do gets rid of it for good. I've found love in my car... which I tinker with when I feel pain. It's a great way to escape, but today I find that it has oil in the 4th cylinder. I told my dad to pray for me because I may have to replace the engine, and he replies with, "...you've already put too much money into that piece of junk." The fact that he'd call my love that I've worked so hard on, "a piece of junk" hurt so much.

Then today when I come inside from finding the oil, I get on Facebook to message my friend Meaghan and see how she is doing. (She's a close friend that now lives in FL, who came to visit me last month and we ended up sleeping together... planning to date when she moved back to Rochester to go to school) She is dating another guy in FL.

I'm just so ****ing pissed at everything right now. I can't think clearly and this Jack is the only thing that is nulling me right now. I have been numb for 4 out of the past 6 months... but today, all that pain is returning. I'm just so sick of it all.

It's depressing when you wake up every day, disappointed that you actually woke up when you prayed the night before to not wake the next morning.

I give up. I have nothing left to give, nothing left to do, I don't feel comfortable talking to any of my friends because, unfortunately, Rika was the person I could actually vent to and talk to... now I don't have that. Yet, I'm willing to spill my guts on here to complete strangers around the world, some of which don't give a flying ****, and some of which I know... who do care... I just ask that those that do care.... please pray for me.... I'm losing vision now from the tears in my eyes and I can't type anymore... just... please...

I'm sorry.

marvin-martian
07-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Dude, you got close to her and helped dig her out of the gigantic hole she made for herself. She was able to move on to real things in life because of you. You should be proud of that, and nothing is going to take away what had happened. Put the whiskey down, tell your dad to **** off and forget about Meaghan. Sounds like she was a back up anyway. Don't try and dumb yourself down for anyone and you will get someone who is truly right without any acts.

Ace24
07-07-2011, 05:47 PM
I... I still feel like I... idk...

I just hope she realizes what I did for her... if not, at least she's still alive.

TheDarkShadow
08-08-2011, 05:08 PM
direct tv sucks, it goes out if it rains half way hard. and this place is DEAD. Like more dead than usual

UKwithPride
08-08-2011, 07:47 PM
The whole time we were on break, I would try to talk to her and fix things, to figure out what the hell I did so that I wouldn't do it again.

During "breaks," you give each other space, not pester the hell out of them. That's the point of the break, to actually.... take a break from eachother.

bigred76
08-11-2011, 02:19 PM
****... I'm out of work until the 28th. Cracked a toenail and almost ripped it completely off, and it's sticking out so far I can't get a shoe on, so I can't wear my work boots... ER doc and I had decided to leave the nail on and superglue it there to protect it, I'm thinking that was a mistake.

TheDarkShadow
09-17-2011, 04:04 AM
my girlfriend of a year and 8 months broke up with me. she said I've changed and she doesn't want to miss out in any thing in high school. if i wasnt in college this wouldnt have happened. there's a lot to the story but i dont feel like typing it out, not that any one would probably care anyway. some one wake me up when the pain is gone

shunut
09-17-2011, 03:45 PM
That really sucks man.

TheDarkShadow
09-17-2011, 06:44 PM
my first girlfriend, my first heartbreak. i didnt even see it coming. I've got friends and family to support me so im not alone, but damn does it hurt

vikingshadow
09-17-2011, 11:16 PM
I had to take my daughter to work tonight and to do that, I have to drive by my wife's house to get there. I try not to look at her house when I do, but tonight I did. Wish I hadn't. Turns out there was a guy there.

Sucks.

Hard.

TheDarkShadow
09-18-2011, 05:59 AM
I had to take my daughter to work tonight and to do that, I have to drive by my wife's house to get there. I try not to look at her house when I do, but tonight I did. Wish I hadn't. Turns out there was a guy there.

Sucks.

Hard.

man, I can't even imagine vike. thats rough

marvin-martian
09-19-2011, 04:29 AM
When my mom was going through her divorce a few years back, she went over to get something or talk about money or....i forget exactly what but when she went in the girl he was cheating on her with was there having dinner. Fun fun...

TheDarkShadow
09-26-2011, 08:24 PM
I got my oil changed and I found out I need new brake pads, rotors, and inner tie-rod ends. I got a quote for $660 plus I need new back tires which will run me another $200. FML. I already owe my parents $175 for books. I need another job but I dont think I can handle 2 jobs plus school. I'm about ready to sell my guitars, guns, and paintball stuff considering I dont really use any of it

marvin-martian
05-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Step 1- sit on pins and needles waiting for something to get released for YEARS
Step 2- preorder the day a real release date getns announced
Step 3- plan on running up to the midnight release after work
Step 4- turns our there is nomidnight release at the store I preordered from
Step 5- sit around watching videos on youtube of what you want to do with your life but have no means to pursue

oh the brooding...

marvin-martian
05-15-2012, 06:59 AM
wake up to a flat tire, spare wont fit on brakes correctly.

UKwithPride
05-15-2012, 11:02 AM
NO D3 FOR YOU.

Can I borrow $60?

shunut
06-05-2012, 04:01 AM
I love companies that advertise web based applications and state something like "2 lines of code and have it working on your site" or "Walk through our 15 minute tutorial and you'll be up and running", only to find out after you put the 2 lines of code in, or spend 15 minutes on their tutorial, the app doesn't work outside their preset test environment without some amazing coding work :mad: