PDA

View Full Version : Creatine

Live2Play
06-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Hey fellas,
I was wondering what any of you can tell me about Creatine. I know there are some weightlifters on here, and I don't think Fred frequents these forums anymore. I hear alot of things that creatine can mess your kidneys up. Is this true? Yet at the same time, I hear that there are no risks beginning a creatine regiment whatsoever...So does anyone know if there are any risks in taking creatine, or if there is a certain type to get or anything? Thanks guys.

bigred76
06-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Josh (Shunut) knows all about it. I'd wait for him to come along and see this thread.

As far as I know, there is no major risks to creatine so long as you take the proper dosage. ODing could result in your kidneys being pickled, but you'd have to take WAY more than the reccommended dose for that to happen.

HelpDeskHustler
06-07-2007, 08:24 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatine
everything you need to know plus more.

Alot of any nutrient messes up kidneys and liver. it's similar to putting a brick in a water filter meant to remove sediment. Small amounts over a sustained period of time (what I assume you mean by "a lot of it"), from what I have read, will not hurt you, but large amounts in a short period of time will.

*energy drink guy* (I know small tidbits about everything in any energy drink I've had that they list as a benefit to their product)

kayfabe1204
06-07-2007, 08:51 AM
I used creatine before and had the opposite effect and dropped alot of weight with it. Its all how your body handles it. Make sure you use the recommended amounts with it.

HelpDeskHustler
06-07-2007, 05:27 PM
One problem is that it's actually created by skeletal muscle if I'm reading this right. If your body detects an adequate amount it could stop producing it on its own over time, that is, if it detects how much there is in your system. If it constantly flows it shouldn't make too much of a difference.

Theheroguy
06-07-2007, 05:39 PM
it hasn't been around long enough for me to trust the test on it

Xyxyll
06-07-2007, 05:52 PM
I've used creatine twice. First time I noticed incredible results. Second time I noticed no difference at all. Even when taking recommended doses, I started to get a small pain in my side, so I stopped immediately. I have purchased it again since, but I haven't actually used it (has sat in my cupboard for a year... i.e. no longer any good).

QAZ123
06-09-2007, 07:13 AM
Creatine is fine to take as long as you take the recommended dosage and drink a lot of water. You will see results as long as you drink the water and your diet is on track. I take creatine probably around twice a year and always get great results. My favorite one and easiest to take has got to be Controlled labs Green Bulge. www.controlledlabs.com. Easy to take. I usually take it with the White blood supplement. I'm actually on it right now just to "fill out" for summer as I'm not at the weight I was wanting to be at for summer due to an illness I had earlier this year.

You'll be fine taking it.

JB.