PDA

View Full Version : Good Vid *politicalish*

HelpDeskHustler
06-04-2007, 04:13 PM
politics Not based on party or whatever and really... probably won't get a debate started seeing how one sided it really is. This is a 2008 issue people:
Internet Neutrality. I found this video to be very well made, and it got me fired up at "the man" :rolleyes: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4332830819848713435

discuss... nicely

vikingshadow
06-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Very interesting! I'm going to have to think about this one for awhile before I can come up with an opinion on it though....

Edit - the idea of the telephone companies and cable television companies "owning" the internet is ridiculous. This is more of a silent war, though because to this point I hadn't heard of it. One has to ask themselves, what's in it for the politicians that this is actually being debated and considered? Granted, this is obviously one-sided and I'd like to hear the other side, but it's very intriguing.

In a somewhat related topic, I was talking to my satellite repair guy the other day and he was going to a telephone company to work on their, you guessed it, television line! Yes, Pioneer telephone has spread from local and long distance telephone, to internet and now into television - all through their telephone lines! Same as what this video was alluding to. It does seem like the phone companies are interested in taking over the world of information gathering and giving....

HelpDeskHustler
06-05-2007, 03:33 AM
I think our society is pretty decent... but one thing that people should fear from capitalism is the totalitarianism arising not from government but from corporate.

MR2 Woodsballer
06-06-2007, 12:29 AM
I think our society is pretty decent... but one thing that people should fear from capitalism is the totalitarianism arising not from government but from corporate.

There are people out there that have let their whole lives be consumed by money. So they are gonna do whatever it takes to make more money. Our Government is here to protect us so they need to step up as well and do their job. The problam is alot of the people running our government are in the pockets of these big corporations. They get this way because they need a fanicanal backing to run and thus they end up being a tool. This is how they get by with so much. If we are not careful this could end up being a capitalist country. I say if they can take John D. Rockefeller to Federal Court convict him of monopolistic practices, and break up the Standard Oil in 1911. They can do it to AT&T, what's the differance besides 96 years.