PDA

View Full Version : MR2 tested at NJ NAM

jimmythefoot
06-04-2007, 01:30 PM
well the MR2 had a solid trial
played in all modes (sinle/burst/auto)
the auto had to be recocked several times...but i didn't break a ball so that shows that the system is working
was shooting PMI premiums and PCS combat 68
both worked well
it even rained and that didn't stop the gun from working
i did put black duck tape around the seem of the handle grip cause there is some spacing
still the gun work flawlessly
had to cut the spring to make the chrony
don't do this
screw your velocity adjustment all the way in then back out 2 to 3 turns
it was working for a ot of guys with new guns
i only wish i tried this before i cut my spring , oh well just get a spring kit someday
gun was a litle on the heavy side but afetr a while you forget about it
thing was covered in rain and paint at the end of the day and was a sinch to clean thanks to the push pin and few allen screws
i am otally satisfied with the gun to this point
i will be testing next month at skirmish, D Day so plan on another report from me
oh
the whole time at Nam i probably put 3,000 rounds through it

new_Faction64
06-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Grab a new bolt from ACP and the cocking problem should go away. I believe it's because of the ACS bolt not cocking back properly.

What hopper did you use?

Alien
06-04-2007, 04:17 PM
or get the MR1 bolt.

jimmythefoot
06-04-2007, 04:51 PM
i use the egg 3

ViperX
06-04-2007, 04:53 PM
The recocking will go away if you just upgrade to a better force fed hopper.

Voodoo27909
06-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Iv heard that the marker will shoot high at the chrono until the bolt spring is completely broken in

jimmythefoot
06-05-2007, 12:44 PM
The recocking will go away if you just upgrade to a better force fed hopper.
the egg 3 i think is a great hopper
over 22 balls a second..the gun on auto can't even accomplish that
don't tell me your one of those guys that swears by the halo...thing drops like 2-3 balls a second more...if that.
i'm old enough to not fall for all the bulls**t marketing scams they throw at you kids just to get your money.
i'm willing to bet it wasn't the hopper. probably the bolt....due to the fact that it's new and i did cut it....which probably **cked it up in one way or another.

jimmythefoot
06-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Iv heard that the marker will shoot high at the chrono until the bolt spring is completely broken in

it seems to be working fine now but i may invest in a spring kit just to see how it works out with the system. and maybe even get a different kind of bolt to see how that works too.

jimmythefoot
06-05-2007, 12:50 PM
i will say this
although the spring kit and the bolt are mods i would like to get for the gun the first i think will be the reloader b nite loader.
had my night vision monocular mounted on my gun during the night fighting.
man i miss the days as a scout.
anyway i could ee the opfor but couldn't see where my balls were going...sooooo....it looks like i am gonna shoot glowing paint and see how it works out with my NVD. hopefully it doesn't wash out the picture so this will be an expensive test...looking at $180 for the hopper and $60 for a box of balls. let ya knowhow it works out.

ViperX
06-05-2007, 03:03 PM
The force fed hopper overcomes the drastic blowby at the bolt that causes a popcorn effect which doesn't allow the balls to settle correctly and trips your acs bolt and that's why you are recocking so much. COMMON PROBLEM WITH THIS MARKER.

Get over yourself.

Voodoo27909
06-05-2007, 11:35 PM
The force fed hopper overcomes the drastic blowby at the bolt that causes a popcorn effect which doesn't allow the balls to settle correctly and trips your acs bolt and that's why you are recocking so much. COMMON PROBLEM WITH THIS MARKER.

Get over yourself.

Well....he is right about the Halo (or similiar system) being the best to use in this case due to it being force fed. That fact comes straight from the Kingman techs. The MR2 is partial to force fed hoppers to keep the chamber loaded correctly

jimmythefoot
06-06-2007, 03:28 PM
i am using a force feed hopper
the egg 3
it feeds just as fast as the Halo B according to PBreview.com
so what else could be the problem with cocking so much on full auto....
i know some people say the B is better....but the way it is advertised it is the same as the reloader and the egg 3...over 22+ BPS
it's wierd i never had a problem on Burst with my VS3...?
only a couple of times it has stopped on burst...the MR2 and had to be recocked
the MR2 only has 1ball detent .....could that be it....balls not being gabbed as well when force feed as compared to say the VS3 which has 2 ball detents....just a thought

think a spring kit and bolt would solve the problem or not

MR2 Woodsballer
06-06-2007, 03:38 PM
We all told you what are assestment of your problam is and we gave you a solution to solve it. It's up to you to decide what to do with the information we gave you. For the record a Halo B will fix your problams.

Voodoo27909
06-10-2007, 11:04 PM
The eggIII is not a true force fed hopper to my knowledge. Its simply a REALLY fast agitating hopper. A true force fed hopper (such as the EmpireB) actually holds pressure on the paint in the feed neck, unlike an Eggy. Egg is a great hopper no question...it just works differently than a Halo or Empire.

MR2 Woodsballer
06-10-2007, 11:52 PM
If you are 100% aginst a halo b or empire then get a qloader. This is also a true force feed hopper.

graphics360
06-11-2007, 08:11 PM
qloaders are da best

Alien
06-12-2007, 06:30 AM
nah qloader are kinda hard to set up , im selling mine if someone interested.

jimmythefoot
06-12-2007, 12:25 PM
got a reloader b on the way
and a delrin bolt from alamo
i will see if the B loader stops all the cocking issues and if not
i'll switch out the bolt and see how that works
again the only problem i am having really is in full auto the recocking crap
should get the Loader by tomorrow
the bolt by friday hopefully

Voodoo27909
06-12-2007, 09:37 PM
The re-cocking issue is going to be the ACS bolt causing the problem