PDA

View Full Version : MR2 with a Red-dot Scope

spAc3dd
06-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Hi Guys,

I need a bit of advice. I got a red-dot scope for my MR2 and am having a bit of trouble figuring out how exactly I am supposed to aim through it. I can adjust the dot up/down and left/right, etc. I have been aiming with both eyes open so the red-dot appears to be on the target almost like a laser sight.

My mian question is this - when I aim through this sight, must I make sure the red-dot is as close to the center of the glass as possible for correct aim? I assume that by doing this, when I set the red-dot more up/down, left/right, that the gun would then be held slightly differently to compensate for the difference if I aim with the red-dot in the center again.

Am I right? Does anyone have any tips or advice for me? What would be the best distance to train the sight on at 300fps?

I would really appreciate your tips here.

NeedForSpeed
06-02-2007, 01:00 PM
I would advise you to shoot a hopper with it trying every way to shoot it and then use it whichever way had the most success on your target. Paintballs won't always fly straight so use a few shots on each method.

Hob Hayward
06-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Thats the great thing about red dots, no matter where the red dot is, its always pointed in the same location, so you don;t have to be directly lined up with it for the shot to be on. So, when you have the dot dialed in, the dot should always indicate where you'll hit at least on the horizontal plane.

jimmythefoot
06-04-2007, 02:19 PM
keep both eyes open
i like my scope as far away from my eye as possible so i put it in front of the hopper
and hold it up so you use both your eyes to see and the dot is like hovering in your vision
takes a little bit of pactice but boy do the dots help

badmagic
06-11-2007, 10:54 AM
When sighting in your red dot mount your gun so that it can't be moved. If your holding your gun as you're sighting your red dot in then the position will be constantly changing making it more difficult. After mounting it fix the red dot to a target and fire a few balls, adjust the dot so that it is where the balls are going. Fire a few, readjust, and repeat until the ball are landing on or near the dot. If your having trouble seeing then get a new stock or cut your factory stock so that you can see the red dot clearly with your mask. I have a JCS Combat Folding stock, awesome product!!!