PDA

View Full Version : Spring Kit?

Ballard32
06-01-2007, 04:12 PM
I just went to my local paintball store today in need of buying a spring kit for Oklahoma D-Day. They had the kits but the moreon that owned the store didnt even know his own products. He said that he didnt know if the spyder spring kits would work on the MR1. He also said that it was either the MR1 or the VS1 that had smaller springs. If somone could clearify that the Spyder spring kit will work on the MR1 that would be great because tomorrow Im going back with my marker.

DRCeccato
06-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Are you looking to replace the striker spring or the valve spring? Cause if you're looking for a valve spring you maybe in a little bit of trouble.

The valve springs in the 32* Spyder Spring kit (9pc) are wider on one end than the other, which is apparently standard on the other Spyders (?!?!), which won't fit the MR 1. The striker springs Should work fine.

I ended up having a problem where the striker wasn't hitting the valve hard enough to recock the marker, even with the heavy spring in the 32* kit. When I went to change the valve spring I found out that the valve springs don't fit the MR 1.

In the end I ended up using the stock spring(s) and switched to HPA. I actually had to dial in the velocity adjuster to get the marker up over 260 fps.

This leaves few options:

1) cut the valve spring and hope it'll still fit, or buy a second valve spring and mod it.
2) modify one of the 32* Spyder springs to that it fits the MR 1.

If you're good at moding springs, let me know.

Ballard32
06-01-2007, 05:15 PM
I need a striker spring.The one to adjust the velocity.I have to get it down to 250 fps for night games and 285 for day games.

Kenny_McCormic
06-01-2007, 06:08 PM
leave the gun cocked it will soften the stock spring if you leave it for a month. normal spyder striker springs fit the mr1