PDA

View Full Version : Well Well Well

vikingshadow
05-31-2007, 03:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjZ329oaF3U

I remember when I was growing up, the preachers and parents spouting how the video game was going to ruin the youth of America...although this isn't really news because we've already heard about terrorists using paintball as training, but I just came across this and found it interesting. Especially at the end when he said that terrorists use all the simplest, innocent, enjoyable thing that democracy provides - far cry from "the devil's gonna gitcha!" that I've actually heard before...

NeedForSpeed
05-31-2007, 03:32 PM
lmao. That actually made me laugh.

tater_salad
05-31-2007, 03:32 PM
That guy took his mask off on the field!

paintballer5646
05-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Isn't PBN the biggest paintball forum in the world?
I laughed really hard when he said something about the grandmothers taking their clothes off for security.

splater18
05-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Isn't PBN the biggest paintball forum in the world?
I laughed really hard when he said something about the grandmothers taking their clothes off for security.

thats waht pbn's add in my pb2x mag said. and i have never heard off the other so i dont think its that big

shunut
05-31-2007, 04:11 PM
They always seem to glorify the bad in everything. It would have been really nice if they would have gotten in to more details about what percentage of paintballers aren't Muslim and play the sport for pure fun.

leed
05-31-2007, 04:38 PM
They always seem to glorify the bad in everything. It would have been really nice if they would have gotten in to more details about what percentage of paintballers aren't Muslim and play the sport for pure fun.

They particularly seem to do it with paintball..

Why not Airsoft? That is a sport that is actually designed and revolves around replicating warfare, as well as the weapons very closely replicate real firearms.

I'm surprised no one sees the Media and the Press as forms of communism.

EDIT:

However, I find I can respect this news report more than any others, as this news station was very generous and said that the overwhelming majority of paintballers do not have bad intentions, and then something along the lines of 'isn't it funny that people are taking advantage of a positive pleasure and using it for bad, yadda yadda.' I respect it very much, but that one guy is a douchebag who can't get over himself.

clickclicksplat
05-31-2007, 05:42 PM
So are we all on some government watch list now?

vikingshadow
05-31-2007, 07:46 PM
No. They said that the government doesn't have the resources to track 10 million players at the moment. My guess is that they're watching those that fit the "profile" - yes, they are profiling, and I don't care what anyone says.

On that note, I heard that about a year after our field opened, we were being watched as a "potential militant group" due to there being a couple such groups in our area - expect we were the ones actually playing war games...

HelpDeskHustler
06-01-2007, 02:38 AM
everyone is such a negative nancy...

Ace24
06-01-2007, 03:36 AM
I'm glad they at least put in a good word about paintball and didn't bash the sport. I get so sick of seeing reports where people are like "OMGGG!! Paintball should totally be outlawed!" sort of manor.

VagabondStarJXF
06-01-2007, 05:42 AM
[rant mode]
I think it's funny that all these "Anti-American/Great Britain" and "Anti-West" terrorist types like using things that have come from the free world they want to destroy.

If they really dislike us so much why don't they just stop using all these things, give them all back to us and close their borders 'n stuff? They'd be living without hospitals (a concept built up to combat diseases in the west), internal combustion engines (originally designed in the west), the wealth that the west has paid them for fossil fuels (yes we're still paying that too), computer technology (Originally devised in the UK during WW2 to help crack German codes and boosted greatly by the US during the space race), and everything that goes with these things. They can get rid of all their computers, cars, power plants, production lines, motor bikes, televisions, radios, telephones, explosives, etc. etc. etc. and go back to using swords, bows 'n arrows and the occasional muskets. They'd be less well off if they returned themselves to medeival life but they'd be rid of us and we can all go on with our lives without bothering one another.

Would they be happy then? No. Why? Because they're selfish, greedy, idiots who think that their leaders, their religion or their "whatever" gives them the misguided idea that they have the right to mess with other people's freedom. Let's bonus ball 'em to kingdom come!
[/rant mode]

STRIKEFIRST
06-01-2007, 08:52 AM
everyone is such a negative nancy...

Once you've been around the block a few times your attitude will change.

Youth...Not smart enough to realize that they don't know what they don't know.

I wonder if there training with PSP or NXL modes :dodgy:

Oscum Guy
06-01-2007, 11:05 AM
i have never heard of paintball times? pbn must be bigger.

Theheroguy
06-01-2007, 11:26 AM
what leed said about not using airsoft and why it doesn't get into media is puzzling to me also
they hate our country and play our games... why can't people who hate us just leave
Like a lot of my dads african friends talk down americans all the time and I just wanna say go the **** back home to your country (usually they are nigerian) and live in a developing country or adapt and stop whining if your culture is so great then why are they a developing nation?
any way this makes people mad because they say being a nigerian I should agree with them but screw that Im american born and raised