PDA

View Full Version : NON spyder inquire .... Palmer "BLAZER"

Motorhead
05-31-2007, 01:00 PM
Thinking very seriously about biting the bullet and doing a second gun purchase, Auto cockers are my focus of late, but all the **** hanging from them to cycle the actions really looks like crap !!

Well, took a trip to Palmers Persuit Shop the other day ( 10 min drive from work ) .... damn !! the guns are sooooooo trick !

The "BLAZER" auto cocker really caught my attention ... BIG TIME :D

Whats the communities thoughts about this gun ? Reviews are ... well, questionable to bias :cool:

Muddytaco
05-31-2007, 02:21 PM
I did a ton of reading on them as I came really close to buying one about a month ago before building my lotus cocker from the ground up.

They are a solid gun and built by the best, however there are some draw backs.

1. barrel threads.....there are none, its a clamping action to hold it in place, I am not to hot on this idea. Plus it means you are very limited to barrel selection.

2. cost....they are very expensive up front, however they do tend to hold there value but with that being said you can build a cocker with all top of the line parts for cheaper.

Also wanted to note that they work exactly the same as cockers except for the fact that all the front parts are mounted into the side of the gun.

If they were cheaper I would have a hard time deciding on which to get but there not. I built my cocker and couldn't be happier with it.

LMK if you have anymore questions about the difference.

Motorhead
05-31-2007, 02:42 PM
You mention building yours from the ground up .... Thats the underlying problem I have doing the same :mad: All the damn stuff hanging off the guns frame. Solinoids, cycle rams, hoses and related stuff.
I play 90% woodsball and the brush snagging issues are very real !!

The Palmer Blazer has ALL that stuff built into the body of the gun, The short stroke cycle ram is all thats external ( Its is still cast into main frame) and on top of that the Mini-Rock regulator is built in too. Gun looks like a chopped off regular cocker.

So even tho a homebrew cocker can be done for cheaper, in the end is it as reliable or easy to service/clean as the Palmer gun ?

For the barrel issue I am thinking one could machine an adapter to fits gun frame that allows screw in barrels (AKA: Spyder threads or ??)

Keep the feedback coming, this is a VERY $$$ proposition for me to decide on quickly.

Muddytaco
05-31-2007, 04:45 PM
I have played my fair share of woodballs with mine and not had a problem snagging the front end on anything.

A cocker and blazer are about the same for service/cleaning, little to none. Just a few drops of oil and its good to go.

Although it is kind of a pain to clean out paint from the front end.

I am sure there is someone making some kind of adapter for barrels but I have never liked the whole adapter thing, seems to break paint for some reason.

You can't go wrong on either you pick, I say shoot them both first then decide.

MR2 Woodsballer
05-31-2007, 08:55 PM
I know what you are talking about I was up that way a 2 days ago. They have some extremely nice markers they make theyre own barrels any size you want and any threading. Have you asked if they would put barrel threading in the gun. The guy I talked to said he can do pretty much whatever you want as long as you can afford it. They do seem fairly priced tho.

VS3 Sniper
05-31-2007, 11:39 PM
I saw one on the nation for 700 bucks I think. I can prolly find the thread if u want.