PDA

View Full Version : Woodsball+Pods

Charfizcool
05-29-2007, 07:45 PM
I was curious to know what other woodsballers do about pods. Like when you use a pod do you throw it on the ground (like me) or take the time to put it back in the pod holder(whatever it may be)? I may start putting pods back in my vest because throwing them on the ground makes it easy to loose them then I have to buy 4 more :(

Kenny_McCormic
05-29-2007, 07:48 PM
i stick them in my pockets and put them back whenever possible

Ace24
05-29-2007, 08:48 PM
It's woodsball... the pace is ALOT slower then speedball, and I'm used to speedball at this point. Putting it back in your pack in woodsball isn't that hard.

I always put mine back.

05-29-2007, 08:53 PM
ocassionally I just leave them around all willy nilly but only on rare instances when I need to move quickly
other than that I just put them back

VS3 Sniper
05-29-2007, 10:36 PM
If its in the heat of the moment I will throw them down but if I have time I will put them back and if u lose them just go scan the field near closing time there is always a few pods laying around. :)

badmagic
05-30-2007, 05:43 AM
Unless I'm in a fire fight I put them back in the belt because I don't want to lose them, plus I usually reload when I'm half a hopper down (habit from playing Counter Strike too much) because I have paint left. Even if I'm in a fire fight I try to put them somewhere I will remember.

druid
05-30-2007, 08:40 AM
I use a "dump bag"...a camoflaged bag that I hang off my belt and just throw the empties in that

xSoulsx
05-30-2007, 11:39 AM
When you have PODS for Woodsball get like ones that hold lower amounts cause you don't want the extra weight. And you don't shoot as fast as speedball.

I play Speedball but I think the best idea would be a bag that can hold the empties like Druid said:cool:

Charfizcool
05-30-2007, 01:20 PM
I use a "dump bag"...a camoflaged bag that I hang off my belt and just throw the empties in that

any pics? I was actually thinking of doing that but I thought it was a dumb idea. But now it seems a lot easier than putting the pods back :)

Hossy
05-30-2007, 01:22 PM
If im not under attack or anything, ill put them back in. It just takes a few seconds longer.

BUT if im in a little fight with someone ill just throw it at them :dodgy:

druid
05-30-2007, 07:48 PM
any pics? I was actually thinking of doing that but I thought it was a dumb idea. But now it seems a lot easier than putting the pods back :)

Yeah...gimme a day or so to get pics and upload them. I'll add them and repost...k?

It's definately easier. I have 2...a large and a small one. The small one is what I use when I play at the renegade field because I don't use too much paint in between games...and the car's are close to the field. When I play large scenarios though, I carry and go through a ton of paint so my bag is bigger. The property is 1500 yards long X's the same wide. It'd be a pain to keep going back to the car for paint...

I'll get pics of both so you can see the difference.

NeedForSpeed
05-31-2007, 11:22 AM
I never put the pods back. You never know when someone is gonna come up and sneak you. When playing in the woods I put them near the objects that I can remember.

bamf-hacker
05-31-2007, 11:31 AM
10 round tubes fit right in my pockets :)

Hob Hayward
05-31-2007, 12:25 PM
10 rounds tubes fit right in my pockets :)
Same.

Though, when using a real hopper on a semi, I just stick back in my pack. I have a 4 pod horizontal pack that just uses a slip fit to keep the pods in place. I find this much easier with my pack than others thou, because there are no straps to get in the way, just pull the pod out, pour into hopper, put back (all with one hand, the fact that my pods are locklids also helps).

ttam13xlpb
05-31-2007, 12:47 PM
i havent played woodsball in awhile but when i use to i would always put the pods back if at all possible because i didnt want to lose them...or have to go pick them up lol

king-man
05-31-2007, 12:50 PM
10 rounds tubes fit right in my pockets :)

how exactly would 10 rounds help?:confused: thats just a waste of time to put in 10 paintballs in my opinion

bamf-hacker
05-31-2007, 01:34 PM
how exactly would 10 rounds help?:confused: thats just a waste of time to put in 10 paintballs in my opinion

That statement must be coming from someone who has never played with a pump ;)

Now boys and girls stay nice and don't flame please.

Stock class feed on a pump holds 10-15 rounds and you only need one of them to eliminate an opponent. Fast guns are cool, but the 14 balls after the first one are just bonus balls ;)

Maxx-Damage
05-31-2007, 02:23 PM
I just shove my pods back in my pack, never had a serious woodsball fight yet.

vikingshadow
05-31-2007, 02:26 PM
When I used to play with my faster guns, I'd put pods back in my pack right where I got them. At 4-5 bucks a pop back then, no way was I gonna buy more!

But, now I just play with my Phantom in the woods and I have one of those 100 rd tube Viewloader packs (minus pods) to dump my spent 10 round tubes in hanging on my shotgun belt - makes a good nad cover as well! One shot, one kill baby, LOL! It sure is fun to gog someone in the woods with my pump....however, I lost a speed cap the last time I played, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I tell ya, it's SO much fun to run through the woods without having to worry about carrying a heavy harness loaded with pods or being cinched up so tight so they don't bounce. The belt I use is pretty loose and I don't hardly feel it most of the time. I actually ran from one end of the field to the other, getting shot at, but not hit, the whole way! Wasn't even breathing hard when I got there!

kbonnell
05-31-2007, 03:41 PM
the first time I played paintball, it was woodsball. I had all the gear I could want including the 4 pod harness. Anyways after the first game I just left the belt at the base and played with what I had in the hopper. I have a semi-auto so I dont go through the paint like others do. Plus I make every shot count since I usually shoot real guns I try not to rambo all the time. Makes bad habbits when shooting animals and stuff like that. one shot one kill

applesauce
05-31-2007, 04:33 PM
i play woodsball and shoot a lot of paint, so i go out with 4 full pods atleast. i always take the time to put them back, usually just duck benind something quick and slide it in there....kids are prone to picking things like that up, i know from experience. do yourself a favor and put the pods back asap....or they are gone

Charfizcool
05-31-2007, 05:04 PM
well everyone I play with has at least 2 years on me (16yrs.+)and they're all mature enough to know not to steal.

vikingshadow
05-31-2007, 07:51 PM
Ahahahahahahaha!

Oh, you were serious??? Yeah, I play with several "mature" 16+ year olds that know better than to steal, but they still have stolen (not everyone, and not the majority of them...but still!) A lot of people play at fields where theft is prevalent - never trust anyone, and you'll never have anything stolen. Not a great attitude, but I've rarely had anything stolen.

Charfizcool
05-31-2007, 09:25 PM
well I don't really play at a field. I play on private property but the host of our games knows the owner and gets permission to use it. But I do know everyone there...and where they live :grin:

Charfizcool
06-01-2007, 09:41 PM
Yeah...gimme a day or so to get pics and upload them. I'll add them and repost...k?

It's definately easier. I have 2...a large and a small one. The small one is what I use when I play at the renegade field because I don't use too much paint in between games...and the car's are close to the field. When I play large scenarios though, I carry and go through a ton of paint so my bag is bigger. The property is 1500 yards long X's the same wide. It'd be a pain to keep going back to the car for paint...

I'll get pics of both so you can see the difference.

pics por favor:) . I'm intested in seeing the "dump pouch" thing.

applesauce
06-02-2007, 08:28 AM
the people you have to watch out for are the people you dont know. for most, coming across a pod on the ground is like a small gift from the paintball gods (still waiting for that shocker to be laying around) and they are likely to tuck it in their own belt and forget they found it.

Hob Hayward
06-02-2007, 09:18 AM
I tell ya, it's SO much fun to run through the woods without having to worry about carrying a heavy harness loaded with pods or being cinched up so tight so they don't bounce. The belt I use is pretty loose and I don't hardly feel it most of the time. I actually ran from one end of the field to the other, getting shot at, but not hit, the whole way! Wasn't even breathing hard when I got there!

Sooo true. I just love using my phantom because of how free I fell when using it.

xSoulsx
06-02-2007, 03:53 PM
BUT if im in a little fight with someone ill just throw it at them :dodgy:

Lol nice

druid
06-05-2007, 07:51 PM
As promised, here are the dump bags I made...

1. Small bag attached to the web belt on my Kilt. It's just camo material sewn into a bag. There's no Drawstring yet but I made it to accept one. Mother-in-law triple-stitched it on her sewing machine so it would last.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/Dumpbags004-small.jpg

2. Small bag compared to a Locklid
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/Dumpbags005-smallwithpod.jpg

3. Large bag with pod to compare size. There are belt loops about half-way down the length of the one side so that the top of the bag folds over.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/Dumpbags001-largefoldedover.jpg

4. Large bag with it opened up to show full length. Locklid to show size
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/Dumpbags002-largeopen.jpg

5. Large bag with 'mouth' open. Locklid to show size. Note the mesh material inside...it's a laundry bag with the camo material sewn onto the outside of it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/Dumpbags003-largeopenmouth.jpg

The small bag is perfect for 10-round tubes, mask rags, etc. The large bag is awesome for the large scenarios that I attend. Stalingrad and Berlin are the smaller of the three major scenarios I attend....with around 1700 players...while the big scenario (Normandy) has over 4000 players. The lay-out of my field is huge...about 1500-2000 yards in one direction (700 acres) and I hate walking back for paint - so I carry at least a case with me at all times. Obviously, you'll adjust the size of the bag for your own needs...

VS3 Sniper
06-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Wow I would have never thought of that. I belive i'm gonna have to make myself a dump bag. Great idea Druid.

MR2 Woodsballer
06-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Hey Druid how much would u charge for one of those?

druid
06-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Hey Druid how much would u charge for one of those?

Which one? The large or the small?

The small...I'd have to calculate the amount of, and cost of the material + shipping.

The Large...the cost of the bag + amount/cost of material + shipping. This one has to be sewn by hand because the material's too thick for the mother-in-law's machine...so an additional $2 for the heavy thread for the sewing awl.

Either or both - Maybe a few bucks for the time and shipping would be by USPS

Charfizcool
06-06-2007, 08:22 AM
If you decide to make/sell these I'll definatley buy a small one and maybe a large one.