PDA

View Full Version : CCM Feedneck Problem

Docc
05-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Hello,

Ok, I purchased a CCM feedneck with the hopper adapter.

With my M16 carry handle and sight rail and the Fasta 18V hopper, I am finding it incredibly difficult to fit a Red Dot sight on top.

If you have any new ideas I would sure appreciate it.

MR2 Woodsballer
05-29-2007, 07:20 PM
a side mount like this one: http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=lyzSG5-HsR7SMdnbem4Ss5VTnwEX0kbN32Q=?ProductID=WfmsFAY7ua gAAAD6ysB1Movs

Docc
05-30-2007, 03:53 AM
Thank you very much!

badmagic
05-30-2007, 05:56 AM
Is the problem that the carry handle is to high? Or does the carry handle have the wrong size mount?

Voodoo27909
05-30-2007, 07:52 AM
I took a 1" wide piece of flat aircraft grade alum (equally as long as the carry handle). and moved the carry handle off to the side just enough to clear the CCM feedneck to accomodate a BSA scope. It looked pretty natural after some flat black woodstove paint. The original mounting screw holes for the carry handles old position were no problem in mounting the alum. flat (using shorter screws of course)... but I did have to tap holes in the alum. piece for the new position of the handle, and used those original screws in the new mounting position. My EGGIII hopper clamps downs with just a slight turn out to clear the scope now, but my Halo clears with no problems what so ever

Docc
05-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Is the problem that the carry handle is to high? Or does the carry handle have the wrong size mount?

Seems to high, and the feed neck doesn't jet out 'enuf' to the right... I think the off set rail will handle the problem nicely. I ordered it this morning. Since I'm not a aluminum fabricator, I think this is clearly the easiest fix for me...

Thanks for the interest!