PDA

View Full Version : VS3 or SP Epiphany

king-man
05-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Ok, i luv my Vs3 no matter wat i have said. So My Friend has a tippmann 98 custom and wan't to get a new gun. he is a lil richer than i am so his options are wider. he wants the Epiphany i siad its not worth the money,:

A. because it doesn't shoot as fast and he cant move his fingers very quick.
B. because all i've heard is its an upped ion and ions arnet that good( i heard)
C. it doesnt have a rocking trigger( without that he wont be able to shoot fast at all
D. it cost to much for wat you get (in my opinion)
and E. because you can upgrade a vs3 to better than a epihany for less.

So tell me wat you would do in this situation, VS3 or Epihany
Oh whisch do you think is best for the money:)

Nenkitsune
05-29-2007, 12:10 PM
vs2 is better.....i don't like the rocking frame at all.imo, i can't shoot any faster than i can with a well adjusted trigger (i'm actually faster with a good trig) the vs2 is also cheaper, and would be a better upgrade for him since he's goin from a tippy

king-man
05-29-2007, 12:23 PM
yeha i no tippmanns are reliable but wen i made that step form tippmann to vs3 i was on high :dancingman: :peace:

Hossy
05-29-2007, 12:35 PM
A. because it doesn't shoot as fast and he cant move his fingers very quick.
If he cant move his fingers quick, then both guns are basically even.
B. because all i've heard is its an upped ion and ions arnet that good( i heard)
Ions are better than alot of guns. But they are a cheap way to get a decent gun, thats why many people dont like them.
C. it doesnt have a rocking trigger( without that he wont be able to shoot fast at all
Some fields dont allow rocking triggers, some tourneyments dont let them be used either
D. it cost to much for wat you get (in my opinion) Thats an opinion so thats HIS decision
and E. because you can upgrade a vs3 to better than a epihany for less.
doesnt matter
So tell me wat you would do in this situation, VS3 or Epihany
Oh whisch do you think is best for the money:)

Neither, get a ION used, it will be upped and nicer/more customizeable than the epiphany, hencely because he will have more money to spend on things he wants upgraded.

clickclicksplat
05-29-2007, 03:00 PM
The Epiphany is one hawt marker... However, upkeep on the ion/epiphany is alot tougher than maitenence on the VS because the VS is a simple blowback while the SP markers are both EP. However, if he knows his way around the guts of a paintball marker, that may or may not be a problem.

Meh, I love my VS2, so I'd recommend that.

king-man
05-29-2007, 08:24 PM
he cant put a tippmann back togeather right if that tells you anything,................he disapoints me, oh well.

Ace24
05-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Get an ION. Hell for the money you spend on a Epiphany you could get a used Shocker on PBN or here... (almost... probably if you add a little)

ION is his best bet. The Epiphany IS an ION. All it has over the ion is a "nicer look." There is no difference aside from the metal body/weight. I like how ION's look better anyway.

If he gets an ION, he should also get a QEV, Feedneck and HPA tank. That's another thing to think about. What you would need to run it best.

Nenkitsune
05-29-2007, 08:50 PM
if he can't put a tippy back together correctly, then DO NOT have him get an ion. he'll end up breaking it somehow. Just have him buy a Spyder or a Spyder VS2, he'll be very happy with either one. i suggest something like a Spyder Pilot or the VS1 when it comes out since it's a bit simpler in design, costs a bit less, and can use co2 without any negative effects. i kow the vs2 and 3 can run on co2, but it has a chance of damaging the valve

clickclicksplat
05-30-2007, 02:36 PM
he cant put a tippmann back togeather right if that tells you anything,................he disapoints me, oh well.

Yeah... unless he wants to spend alot of time *gasp* reading the manual to figure the ion/epiphany out, he'll almost definatly end up breaking something. I would definatly recommend the VS2, it performs amazing well for it's price, and it's relatively simple to break down and clean and such.

pbplayer78
06-23-2007, 05:17 AM
one of the vs series guns