View Full Version : Any Spyder owners using a Max flo?

01-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Hey all, I am planning on getting a Smart Parts Max Flo Micro with tank for my Pilot and am wondering if any of you guys have experience with them on your spyders.


01-29-2006, 04:03 AM
a friend of mine just bought one to replace his old manifold maxxy. the micro maxxy's are AWESOME. he has the 68/45 tank on his and he bought the SP s-rail with it also. he runs it on an HP imagine. works GREAT and puts the tank in a VERY comfy position.

i say buy.

01-29-2006, 05:33 AM
I've only heard good things about the Micro so far so I'd have to say its a very good choice. I plan on getting on when I buy my next tank.

01-29-2006, 10:34 PM

So do I need to make any modifications or buy anything before I put one on?

01-29-2006, 10:52 PM
No, you can use it on a bone stock Spyder, just get a bottomline adapter, unless Your pilot has inline bottom line holes. I haven't owned a Spyder newer than an AMG, so I dunno if the newer ones have the inline holes like the AMG.

01-29-2006, 11:17 PM
WHat are "inline bottom line holes"?

01-30-2006, 04:37 AM
Bottom of the grip where your ASA attaches. The mount holes are either "in line" or are staggered. Kingman is the only company that staggers the mounting holes there. Not sure if they changed this on the newer Spyders tho.

01-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Ok I think you are talking about those 2 little screws that hold the bottom line with my drop foward, but correct me if I am wrong.

If so I see 2 screws that seem to be parralel and not stagered or anything.

But does anyone know for sure if I can put one on a Pilot ACS?


01-30-2006, 03:18 PM
they are staggered. just like the electra ACS. ud have to get some kind of bottom line adapter

01-30-2006, 03:57 PM
It says it comes with an "S rail", whatever the hell that is.

Will that work?

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=WmanBJAVYJ6nVdPL73dnrJrc5cneDRGkWbM=?Pro ductID=H_rAqArbF0UAAAEIj8h97DSJ

01-30-2006, 04:10 PM
you need a 'staggered' to 'standard' adapter, the spyder holes are offset and there arent nay regualr dovetail rails with 2 sets of holes.

01-30-2006, 04:17 PM
you could drill and tap for M5 holes/screws, but if your not mr. handyman then an adapter is the way to go. lol.

but ya the s-rail is what the tank mounts to. so, in sense, you will connect the s-rail to your grip frame, and slide the maxxy on and tighten the set screws.

and then your good to go!! :)

hope i was help.

01-30-2006, 04:27 PM
the s-rail has parrell screw holes u will need This (http://www.compulsivepaintball.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=11491&eq=&Tp=) adpater to mount it onto ur staggered screw holed spyder trigger frame.

hope this helps.

01-30-2006, 04:42 PM
Ok now I see what you guys are talking about.

But the only staggered screws I see are on my grip that connects to the drop forward.

The drop forward has 2 holes side by side for the bottom line like this [o o]
the one on the grip is like [o ] but from the looks of it the max flow s- rail or
[ o]
whatever it is that connects to my grip or in this case the drop forward is like this [o].

So shouldnt I need an adapter like this? [oo] to [o].

In that case what adapter do I need?

01-30-2006, 04:46 PM
the s-rail has parrell screw holes u will need This (http://www.compulsivepaintball.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=11491&eq=&Tp=) adpater to mount it onto ur staggered screw holed spyder trigger frame.

hope this helps.

that one lol

01-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Ok the link to that adapter would work if I want to put my max flo on my grip, but I was planning on putting it on my drop forward.

In that case I need an adapter for that.

Besides adapters the Max flo is compatible with spyders right?

01-30-2006, 04:51 PM
yea they are compatible but wut kind of drop do u have? can u post a pic please that would help me out.

01-30-2006, 05:04 PM
I dont have a digital camera. :undecided:

But let me try this again. The drop forward is conected to the thing you screw your tank into by 2 screws that are side by side, horizontally. I need an adapter so I can use a max flo that connects with 2 screws that on top of eachother vertically.

But if I cant find any no biggy, with that s- rail it wouldnt look too bad with the adapter on my grip. So thanks for the link.

Also does anyone know of any other good N2 bottle/reg combos?

Thanks again.

01-30-2006, 05:33 PM
yea i think it looks better on the grip anyways. a good bottle/reg combo is a very vast question. there are many popular regs and tanks out there. i personally would go with the CP shorty reg or the Bob long torpedo reg. really any tank will do as long as it is 68cu and 3000 or higher psi.

01-30-2006, 09:25 PM
unfortunately, there are no adapters for the side by side screw holes (i know what kind you are talking about). like everyone said, you would have to buy the offset adapter and mount it under your frame, or drill and tap screw holes into your frame and then attach it directly to your frame. that's about the only options you have. if you wanted a drop, you can buy them with the offset screw holes. or you can get a standard one, get the adapter, and then attach it to your frame. here's some pics:

drop with offset screw holes:

standard drop with adapter:

if you need any adapters i have a couple i could sell you, $10 (per) shipped.


01-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Thanks for all the input guys, but right now I have a crossfire N2 tank and J&J ceramic barrel in the mail.

The tank and barrel have good reviews and the tank is a bit cheaper than the max flo and I can just screw it in.