PDA

View Full Version : icon-x spyder clone? Victor 1?

jimj90
05-28-2007, 09:44 AM
Hey folks. My son has a 32 degrees icon-x. I've been told that everything spyder fits because it's a spyder clone? Can anyone diagnose this problem? It basically shoots ONE shot...it kinda dribbles out and de-cocks....you have to re-cock for every shot and it's shotting WEAK.

I thought it was the o-rings on the bolt. Changed them....and it still does it..

any suggestions?
by the way....the gun is about 4 months old and has been used maybe 3 times...about 3000 balls or so

4 spyders 4
05-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Did it do this when you first got it.

If it did i could be somthing wrong with the line.

Kenny_McCormic
05-28-2007, 10:03 AM
completly take it apart using the directions at ottersccustoms.com an clean it out replace all of the orings (use tank orings) lube it up with some good lube like hoppes #9 or gold cup. it should work if not we would be much closer to the problem. but before you do that check the oring on the striker replace iteven if it looks good. you have to keep these guns squeeky clean orthey dont work very good but when they break its an easay fix unlike tippmans where you need to take out a million fricken allen screws to get he thing apart

jimj90
05-28-2007, 11:51 AM
cool...thanks for the advice. You say you can use TANK rings on the bolt? They seem so hard and non-rubbery.....I didnt think that would work.

Hossy
05-28-2007, 11:56 AM
cool...thanks for the advice. You say you can use TANK rings on the bolt? They seem so hard and non-rubbery.....I didnt think that would work.

when they are oiled they work better

jimj90
05-28-2007, 11:59 AM
and to answer the first question....no this gun has been perfect until now. :-)

Hossy
05-28-2007, 12:03 PM
and to answer the first question....no this gun has been perfect until now. :-)

after rereading your thing, you may also want to check out the vavle and make sure that it is working well to, just a thought.

jimj90
05-28-2007, 12:15 PM
what's "the valve?" sorry I know how to take it apart and put it back together, but I dont really know the official names for all the parts...LOL..

:-)

Hossy
05-28-2007, 12:17 PM
the valve- where the gas through grip(or reg if it comes on your gun) leads to it. The Striker hits it to let the air go to push it out.

It is on the bottom Half of the actual body.

EDIT: you may want to click the link in my sig that says, Ultimate resource thread. You may find it helpful

Kenny_McCormic
05-28-2007, 12:28 PM
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/assemble.html read it twice. after that read the entire website twice.

Superman9810
07-02-2007, 05:19 AM
my friend's icon did the same thing....if u have a warrenty on it send it in to the company and they'll fix it and have it back in a couple of days. when he got it back it worked fine.