PDA

View Full Version : UFC PPV Tonight anyone watching?

big_daddy_d
05-26-2007, 12:34 PM
PPV tonight Main event LHW Champion Chuck Liddell VS Quinton "Rampage" Jackson... The last fighter who has beaten Liddell... Thoughts? Discuss...

tater_salad
05-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Chuck Liddell ftmfw!

marvin-martian
05-26-2007, 12:55 PM
this will truly be one epic fight. chuck has gotten ALOT better since his loss 4 years ago, where jacksons relatively stayed the same (i think). due to this, i think chuck will come out on top.

big_daddy_d
05-26-2007, 01:30 PM
I don't know I think Jackson out of all of chucks opponents has the skills to stand with him, and if he takes him to the ground also has the ability to keep him there and finish the fight... I'm indifferent as to who wins...

MR2 Woodsballer
05-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Chuck is a straight beast no doubt about that, but Rampage is extremely talented as well. I do think that it will be an extremely entertaining fight. I an gonna order it for sure.

VS3 Sniper
05-26-2007, 03:00 PM
This is gonna a great fight for sure but I think rampage will come out on top though. Can't wait to see it!

QAZ123
05-26-2007, 05:22 PM
My opinion.................................

Burkman and Parysian are gonna steal the show!

Oh and I want Jackson to win but probably gonna be Chuck. I'm burnt out on seeing Chuck circle right, block takedowns and wait for the big opening. Nothing against him it's just boring to me.

Dunno if I'm seeing it tonight or not. Waiting on a phone call.

JB.

big_daddy_d
05-26-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm burnt out on seeing Chuck circle right, block takedowns and wait for the big opening. Nothing against him it's just boring to me.

JB.
My thoughts exactly...

marvin-martian
05-26-2007, 06:51 PM
him being methodical doesnt make him a bad fighter. not many have been able to get through it.

QAZ123
05-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Yeah if it works for him go for it. I have nothing against it that's what he does to win I just can't stand to watch it.

If he beats Quinton.. who's next? Probably Keith Jardine if he win's tonight also.

JB.

QAZ123
05-26-2007, 09:58 PM
My opinion.................................

Oh and I want Jackson to win

Hehehehe:D

QAZ123
05-26-2007, 10:09 PM
owwwwwwwooo owwwwwwooo

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g91/Marquis_is/rampage_UFC_gold.gif

marvin-martian
05-26-2007, 10:58 PM
i hear chuck got KOed. i have to find a video of it somewhere...

marvin-martian
05-26-2007, 11:18 PM
rampage has all this press about being a brawler, and going after guy's non stop, which would be perfect for liddel, because he lies back, and knock's people out.

rampage didnt go after him at all, not even once, given it only last a min, he still never pushed, hell, he even yelled and gestured at liddel like come on, thats no liddel's style, he doesnt normally push tword's people.

he went in, did a left body shot, went for a right to head, but rampage ducked and threw a blind right way out, now right befor he hit him, he looked at liddel, but it was mainly nothing but a blind shot that landed right on the chin, granted he did finish, but thats not all that hard.

it just pissed me off that liddel didnt play his game, his game is to let them come after him and hit them on the button, and that is what rampage does, everyone say's he alway's push's fight's, goes after people like a monster, but in this fight, he just laid back and let liddel come to him, and like a fool liddel did. i mean it doesnt bother me that liddel lost, well not that much, its just the fact of how quickly it ended, i expected a battle.

i only found a video of the last 4 seconds, but this is what i hear.

kayfabe1204
05-26-2007, 11:36 PM
I'm excited now more then anything. Hendo and Jackson is going to be THE fight of the year. And in July seeing Tito and Rashad go at it. I ran into Rashad when he wrestled for Niagara-Wheatfield 2 years straight in the same tourney and he's got the wrestling skills to take out Tito. Plus TUF5 finale with Penn/Pulver and yet again TUF6 coaches going at it with Serra and Hughes. How many more upsets will there be?

big_daddy_d
05-27-2007, 01:57 AM
Rampage and Hendo will be a war... Tito I think will end up in not already being a gatekeeper for the UFC testing the up and coming fighters to see if they are worthy of taking a shot at the title... Definitely an interesting year in MMA so far.

tater_salad
05-27-2007, 04:08 AM
If anyone finds it post it on here I wanna see it.

shunut
05-27-2007, 08:34 AM
I found it on YouTube, clicked it and got this:

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by ZUFFA, LLC

:(

marvin-martian
05-27-2007, 09:09 AM
the knockout punch is on espn.com

tater_salad
05-27-2007, 09:33 AM
I seen it on SportsCenter if that was the whole fight it was anything like it was hyped up to be.:( (800th Post)

durrell
05-27-2007, 09:33 AM
the knockout punch is on espn.com

Truth..that's where I saw it. Liddel got whooped.

QAZ123
05-27-2007, 09:35 AM
I literally cannot wait for interviews on both sides.

JB.

marvin-martian
05-27-2007, 09:37 AM
I literally cannot wait for interviews on both sides.

JB.
"I whooped Chucks ass. Thats what i said id do an thats what went down. I whooped his ass"
and "He got a lucky punch in and connected. Thats all there is to it"

big_daddy_d
05-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Guess rampage is going to be making the cheddah now...

QAZ123
05-28-2007, 06:47 AM
The fighter salaries will probably be posted wednesday or thursday.

Here's what I've found so far.

"The rematch was set. The crowd and viewers eagerly waited. The UFC enjoyed increased coverage by mainstream media. The fighters were ready.

Last Saturday evening, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson stunned fans by knocking out the most dominate light heavyweight in the UFC. A single right hook preceded unanswered strikes on the ground, forcing referee John McCarthy to end one of the most anticipated rematches in recent history.

Quinton Jackson is the new UFC Light Heavyweight Champion. He has seemingly put an end to Chuck Liddell’s dominance of the 205-pound division. “Rampage” has left a lasting impression in the octagon.

“I made a mistake and he capitalized on it, I don’t know what else to say,” stated Liddell. “Nothing’s changed. I’ll still keep training and fighting. All something like this makes me want to do is get back in the gym and train more. I was in great shape for this fight and was healthy. I made a mistake; I’ll be back.”

After the fight was stopped, Liddell had a confused look on his face as if the match was halted prematurely. “He hit him with a big right hand that basically put him completely out. He lost consciousness; his legs went flat,” explained referee John McCarthy. “He actually got hit again as I was stopping the fight and it kind of brought him back; that happens all the time. Once it gets to the point when a fighter is unconscious, he can’t protect himself. We don’t have unconscious fighters getting beat on and that’s why we’re stopping the fight.”

The UFC now possesses one of the most entertaining and outspoken fighters in Quinton Jackson. Becoming champion will only increase his marketability and garner him many new fans. Although he failed to accomplish his goal of being a world champion in his days with Pride, Jackson has now propelled himself to the top of his game and achieved the most defining moment of his career.

“I was real relaxed. I didn’t expect my fight to go about so quick,” commented Jackson at the post-fight press conference. “I thought I was going to take Chuck into the third round but Chuck was right; he said someone was going to get knocked out in the first. It happened.”

“The first fight was a war. Chuck is tough as hell. I was planning on getting him out of there in the first round in Japan because it was ten minutes and I had a second fight that night. Chuck brought his ‘A’ game. Today, I was really shocked. I got to keep it real; I was real shocked that fight went so quick. I thought it was going to be another war. I just trained my butt off. I went into the mountains and was focused. I looked like a mountain man; I was hairy and had bad breath like my trainer,” continued the new champion as the press room erupted with laughter. “I stuck with it and was up there for a long time. I just trained really hard.”

Some considered Quinton’s victory as a changing of the guard. Loyal Liddell fans were still in shock, distraught in some cases. The crowning of a new champion may have changed the dynamics of the 205-pound division.

Change can be good thing.

Due to Liddell’s prior dominance, credible opponents were becoming scarce. Now, the potential list of contenders has been revived, especially with the recent signing of current Pride 185-pound and 205-pound Champion Dan Henderson and the notion that Chute Boxe stars Wanderlei Silva and Mauricio “Shogun” Rua will eventually follow suit.

“[I’ll fight] anybody,” affirmed Quinton. “To be honest, I didn’t think it was fair to Chuck for me to just walk into the UFC with one fight and then fight him. Chuck has been doing a good job representing the sport. I still think that I should have been built up a little bit more so the fans can see what kind of animal I really am; how I get my job done. It would make Chuck look a lot better because I do my thang. It don’t matter who, Wanderlei Silva, Shogun; I’ll even take Sakuraba’s old ass, where he at?”

Although Quinton Jackson fights for the UFC now, his personality in and out of a Pride ring made him a star in Japan. Fighting in front of sell-out crowds of 50,000-plus fans, Jackson was well-received and remained popular before he left the organization to fight in the U.S. Conversely, Jackson was met by a less than supportive crowd last Saturday as he made his entrance into the octagon.

“It adds fuel to the fire. I don’t care if the fans boo,” revealed Jackson. “I got to address them after the fight, it’s all good. I’m not used to it because in Japan I got them wrapped around my finger, you know what I’m saying? They loved me over there. I’m huge in Japan.”

Becoming a champion is the ultimate goal of almost every fighter. Jackson would state otherwise.

“I still don’t care,” said Jackson casually. “It’s bringing me money though. As long as the belt brings me money to pay my bills…so I can get me a Bentley and a ‘big boy house’. I’ve seen what Chuck was driving around in. Don’t get me wrong, I look up to Chuck. He’s a lot older than me; a lot older [hilarity ensued in the press room]. I learned from him, I can be a baller like him one day. This is what this belt is going to do for me. I’m from the streets, you feel me?”

Always entertaining and ever so outspoken, Quinton Jackson defied the odds and dethroned a champion. He achieved the most defining moment of his career and opened the door to bigger paydays. Make no mistake, “Rampage” has made his mark.

“I’m happy I’m the champ.”"

big_daddy_d
05-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Preliminary reports showed Jackson made $400,000 on the fight. Liddell made $500,000 and would have made another half a million if he won...

chubb0rz
05-28-2007, 02:41 PM
found a vid if anyone hasnt seen it yet...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x238v5_liddell-vs-rampage-2-ufc-71

timmyshoota
05-28-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm so pissed I didn't see this fight. I had been waiting for this since it was announced they signed Quinton. Didn't think it would happen so soon, and I hadn't been following UFC lately. :(