PDA

View Full Version : Archive

DragonSlayer
01-28-2006, 10:00 PM
was there an archive of the posts from the old board???

DyNasty9
01-28-2006, 10:20 PM
nope everything got deleted, well cept for the smiles, lol. sucks big time tho

geeZus
01-29-2006, 12:40 AM
The graemlins were all saved on otter's photobucket or whatever probably. I noticed one time when I used one of our graemlins on another site, that the link was to his photobucket, or dre's. That's why those survived.

DragonSlayer
01-29-2006, 05:59 AM
how did it happen?

phatphil
01-29-2006, 07:48 AM
I don't think any of us know, I guess they are trying to keep it in the mod backroom. I don't have a clue how.

ricochet08
01-29-2006, 08:24 AM
i wish. i could really use the info that was on there :(

claustrophobia9
01-29-2006, 09:50 AM
ok, if you remeber the post name, you can tpye it into google, when you think youve found the link you want, dont click it, go below the description and click the blue link that says CACHE, it should be next to translate. you might find it you might not, its about a 50/50

example __your old name___('s, if you had that in the title) feedback kingman. those 3 words should bring a minimized amount of results including your feedback.

phatphil
01-29-2006, 10:07 AM
So, here is virtually every page left on Kingman that we will be able to get to:
http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=site:www.kingman.com/ubbthreads/&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

covert24
01-29-2006, 10:15 AM
yup thats it. so they were archived somehow since they are still here for us to look at. the mods and admins might not be teling us something:doah: if they erased everythig like they said then it wouldnt have been saved on the server.

durrell
01-29-2006, 02:51 PM
yup thats it. so they were archived somehow since they are still here for us to look at. the mods and admins might not be teling us something:doah: if they erased everythig like they said then it wouldnt have been saved on the server.

It's not on the Kingman server, that's a snapshot of the page that is stored on Google's servers. I assure you if there was anything that anyone needed to know, the Mods would let you all know.

claustrophobia9
01-29-2006, 04:32 PM
So, here is virtually every page left on Kingman that we will be able to get to:
http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=site:www.kingman.com/ubbthreads/&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
that ought to be fun to sift through. www.archive.org does a great one with the "way back machine", unforutately ubbthreads dont get done very well

covert24
01-29-2006, 06:10 PM
lol this brings back memories huh?.......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/kochbryce/paintb.gif

hey dragon......http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid165/p379d4ad9f26608dea26fec97e68b4d13/f462ea65.jpgBLAMMO! You've been spanked........

hey Vikehttp://img15.exs.cx/img15/4324/vike1sk.jpg

phatphil
01-29-2006, 06:15 PM
D is right, they are not archived. They are cached on Google's server, not Kingman's. That's why just clicking the links in there won't work, you'll have to click the Cached version.

On a sidenote I really hate how it doesn't automatically quote in another quote!

covert24
01-29-2006, 06:17 PM
yea i realized that. magine how big googles servers must be to cache everysingole page ever found on there. thers gotta be billions of just random pages that made it on there. that r stored somehwere where ppl might never see them again. lol just sitting there..........

PS= Check The P.I.M.P Sig:wiggle:

durrell
01-29-2006, 06:47 PM
Google is unbelieveable in itself..

And I remember those sigs, there was Budweiser trucks, tanks, ROFLCOPTERS and all kinds of stuff lol

claustrophobia9
01-29-2006, 06:53 PM
Google is unbelieveable in itself.. their cache system is mediocre compared to the way back, even though way back wont get ubbthreads. but google makes up for it with thier awesome search engine and crazy addictive google earth/maps/moon... i almost want to be a cartographer (map maper :p) after google earth... its so pretty, its like they created earth.

durrell
01-29-2006, 06:57 PM
their cache system is mediocre compared to the way back, even though way back wont get ubbthreads. but google makes up for it with thier awesome search engine and crazy addictive google earth/maps/moon... i almost want to be a cartographer (map maper :p) after google earth... its so pretty, its like they created earth.

http://www.google.com/intl/en/options/

I bet half of you had no idea they did half of that stuff lol :D

Ares
01-29-2006, 07:03 PM
its scary what google can do

covert24
01-29-2006, 07:33 PM

God Blessed. Googles taking over. its a multi-billion dollar company. But Bill Gates (My homeBoy) Has that much money by himself. its amazing how much money ppl make for doing wut seems to be simple things. but never the less no one thinks of them and when they are found its like an explsion. these ppl have over 20 billion dollars...imagine wut u can do with 20 million and multiply that by 1,000 it really gets u thinking

Watch the language.

phatphil
01-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Time to post this again, I love this, it's so powerful:
http://www.idorosen.com/mirrors/robinsloan.com/epic/

covert24
01-29-2006, 08:02 PM
Wow...........

Thats why Google=The Reason Why This is Called The Information Age...makes u think

kevdupuis
01-30-2006, 07:44 AM
Doing information seaches can get pretty bizarre sometimes. It's quite amazing what you can find when you ask the right questions.

DyNasty9
01-30-2006, 11:23 AM
lol wow that was powerful. very interesting.

covert24
01-30-2006, 12:03 PM
and the thing that makes it even more intrsting is that, that is actually possible and not that hard for google to do. all they need to do is hook up with amazon like in the video and its basically done. google is alos competeing with microsoft and google seems like its winning. IMO google will put microsoft out of buisness because soemwhere along the lines they are going to come up with a new operating system that will blow winodws away. Also IMO windows blows arse. id rather Red Hat or some other linux-type operating system because most pronlems with windows do not exist in the structure of linux based software.

claustrophobia9
01-30-2006, 01:23 PM

no, but it's sad that i did. i have a gmail account, google earth, use local (cant use local modile, bad phone) have talk downloaded PACK which owns... get it NOW. opt out of desktop and toolbar and screensaver, those are annoying. (click "remove" before you dl it) it includes free norton, and adaware which rues.

DyNasty9
01-30-2006, 01:47 PM
and the thing that makes it even more intrsting is that, that is actually possible and not that hard for google to do. all they need to do is hook up with amazon like in the video and its basically done. google is alos competeing with microsoft and google seems like its winning. IMO google will put microsoft out of buisness because soemwhere along the lines they are going to come up with a new operating system that will blow winodws away. Also IMO windows blows arse. id rather Red Hat or some other linux-type operating system because most pronlems with windows do not exist in the structure of linux based software.
dude get a mac. windows sucks. Macs>windows:)

claustrophobia9
01-30-2006, 02:00 PM
sure if you like limited software compatibility

covert24
01-30-2006, 03:16 PM
dude get a mac. windows sucks. Macs>windows:)

lol. i build pc's;) cant build macs...too expensive. my computer is maxed out and can blow any mac away :cool: :butwiggle: :pwnd: but im jsut saying..there are a lot of glitches in the windows operating system structure. if i had 1,000+ bux id buy linux but im not a money tree

phatphil
01-30-2006, 04:06 PM
:dodgy:

lol. i build pc's;) cant build macs...too expensive. my computer is maxed out and can blow any mac away :cool: :butwiggle: :pwnd: but im jsut saying..there are a lot of glitches in the windows operating system structure. if i had 1,000+ bux id buy linux but im not a money tree
From that statement, I'll make the assumption that your custom built PC cost under a grand. If that's the case, I can guarantee you that it won't "blow any mac away", a G3 or maybe a G4, but the latest G5's & IntelMacs? Not a chance, not in terms of speed and overall performance.

covert24
01-30-2006, 04:11 PM
nope not the new intelmacs cause those things are amazing mybe the G5's but not too sure. macs are more for industrial purposes because they can render and load things very fast but arent as upgradeable as pcs. the pcs are more for gaming and other things. thasts wut they are known for and macs are known for editiing and high end rendering for videos and such. again macs arnt as upgradable as Pcs are. its just the way it is.

macs have amazing software capabilities. They can support nearly every type of high end editing software of any kind. im with phatphil on this one= :dodgy:

Sac
01-30-2006, 05:15 PM
tl'dr (read about 1/2)

how does google make money if its a .... FREE search engine?

covert24
01-30-2006, 05:16 PM
its called adertising.

WhatThaSmurf
01-30-2006, 06:23 PM
yea, people pay a lot to put adds on google, you know, the ones on the right side

covert24
01-30-2006, 06:30 PM
yup google is searched and viewed by nearly everyone in the world. so too pay google to let ur add be posted worldwide has gotta cost some big bux. but it is necessary if u want to really *reach out to the public*. Ebay is paying thousands of dollars to advertise every single thing that is searched on google. u notcie how everytime u search for something ebay is usually there depending on wut ur searching. im sure ebeay has a contract with google that aloows them to do that. like ebay pays X amoutn of dollars up front and they are able to be seen.

BTW im not posting just to get my posts up. this is a very intresting topic that is in a way fun to discuss. Just to let everyone kno.

durrell
01-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Haha, yeah you can search "black people" and an eBay ad pops up that says "Buy black people on eBay for low prices!" Or it used to be that way..Google is making rediculous money on that.

I signed up for Google AdSense tonight..:thumbup: That will make me extra money..

geeZus
01-30-2006, 10:43 PM
BTW im not posting just to get my posts up. this is a very intresting topic that is in a way fun to discuss. Just to let everyone kno.
POST WHORE!

claustrophobia9
01-31-2006, 04:42 AM
macs have amazing software capabilities. They can support nearly every type of high end editing software of any kind. im with phatphil on this one= :dodgy: what happens when the software you need ISNT the major software, its one that rides under the radar.

durrell
01-31-2006, 09:46 AM
As soon as someone gets the dual core processors in the PC's, PC's will be back on top..

chubb0rz
01-31-2006, 10:30 AM
if i had 1,000+ bux id buy linux but im not a money tree
btw, linux = free :rolleyes:

durrell
01-31-2006, 11:26 AM

:lol: owed :lolsign:

Nader
01-31-2006, 12:05 PM

Hehe, makes ya think huh?
Did you all notice that the shadow of "epic" had the pi symbol instead of the "pi"?

phatphil
01-31-2006, 12:24 PM
what happens when the software you need ISNT the major software, its one that rides under the radar.
Give me an example, and I bet you I can find a mac equivalent or something close...

Haha, yeah you can search "black people" and an eBay ad pops up that says "Buy black people on eBay for low prices!" Or it used to be that way..Google is making rediculous money on that.

I signed up for Google AdSense tonight..:thumbup: That will make me extra money..
I noticed, you should put the Ads on more than just your main page though, they are a lot nicer when you're browsing a site then graphic ads for sure!

covert24
01-31-2006, 12:50 PM

:lolsign: dont talk to me any more. thought it costs money. im DLing the Red HAt software. OS X and all the other mac os's are based off of linux so they ashould be PIMP. Red hat here i come.:cool:

claustrophobia9
01-31-2006, 01:26 PM
Give me an example, and I bet you I can find a mac equivalent or something close...
it isnt about equivalents, its about software that opens files. small example would be powerpoint, my mom's office uses windows, she does slides in powerpoint on office computers and brings them home to work on. say you work somewhere else, like ford. maybe you are an engineer and you want to fiddle around with some prototypes at home on I-deas nx (a CAD program). its the work to home/ work to school problem in many cases. you may be able to find something that will open powerpoint files, i-deas files open soley in i-deas. being more computer savy than the average joe at fixing computer problems, i recomend macs to friends, not letting them know that it is because if they screw something up they can run to me and i can say "well i cant help you, i dont know how to fix macs"

covert24
01-31-2006, 01:35 PM
well if u cant open it at home then u better work overtimg to *fiddle* around with your protoypes or drop a G into a mac. and most likely if u are a hardcore engineer or a music editor or some other kind of technical job than u already have a mac. if u dont and ur work does then like i said stay overtime or get a mac. simple as that.

claustrophobia9
01-31-2006, 01:40 PM
well if u cant open it at home then u better work overtimg to *fiddle* around with your protoypes or drop a G into a mac. and most likely if u are a hardcore engineer or a music editor or some other kind of technical job than u already have a mac. if u dont and ur work does then like i said stay overtime or get a mac. simple as that.
ideas only runs on WINDOWS not mac... if that doesnt help solve confusion, then i have no idea what you are talking about.

and phil... i liked the epic thing

chubb0rz
01-31-2006, 02:23 PM
you know there is MS Office for mac :rolleyes:

covert24
01-31-2006, 02:30 PM
you know there is MS Office for mac :rolleyes:

lol pooned. macs can run windows applications but pcs cant run mac programs. so if u have a mac at work then get somethign for windows that does thwe whole CAD thing and ur good.

chubb0rz
01-31-2006, 02:32 PM
lol pooned. macs can run windows applications but pcs cant run mac programs. so if u have a mac at work then get somethign for windows that does thwe whole CAD thing and ur good.
Yea, because honestly if you are going to be doing some messing around at home with work stuff than its a good idea to have a system to match what you use at work. (i.e. mac to mac or pc to pc)

phatphil
01-31-2006, 03:13 PM
it isnt about equivalents, its about software that opens files. small example would be powerpoint, my mom's office uses windows, she does slides in powerpoint on office computers and brings them home to work on. say you work somewhere else, like ford. maybe you are an engineer and you want to fiddle around with some prototypes at home on I-deas nx (a CAD program). its the work to home/ work to school problem in many cases. you may be able to find something that will open powerpoint files, i-deas files open soley in i-deas. being more computer savy than the average joe at fixing computer problems, i recomend macs to friends, not letting them know that it is because if they screw something up they can run to me and i can say "well i cant help you, i dont know how to fix macs"
An equivalent works fine, for example I have 2 or 3 different programs alone on my computer right now where I could open an MS word document, edit it, and resave it in the same .doc format, and no one would know the difference. Cross platform compatibility is increasing rapidly. They actually do make PowerPoint for Mac, I have it: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx. As for that CAD program it all depends what format it saves in, there are a slew of Mac CAD programs available that I would guess at least one of them can open, edit, and resave as a format that I-deas saves in. Unless it uses it's own proprietary file format used by no other programs, which if it does the odds of a person being required to use that program on the job would be much slimmer, than a more popular program like AutoCAD.

claustrophobia9
01-31-2006, 05:58 PM
An equivalent works fine, for example I have 2 or 3 different programs alone on my computer right now where I could open an MS word document, edit it, and resave it in the same .doc format, and no one would know the difference. Cross platform compatibility is increasing rapidly. They actually do make PowerPoint for Mac, I have it: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx. As for that CAD program it all depends what format it saves in, there are a slew of Mac CAD programs available that I would guess at least one of them can open, edit, and resave as a format that I-deas saves in. Unless it uses it's own proprietary file format used by no other programs, which if it does the odds of a person being required to use that program on the job would be much slimmer, than a more popular program like AutoCAD.
autocad is only more popular because it is much cheaper. all american car companies use i-deas. i-deas saves in what i believe is a unique format, my CAD/CAM teacher told me that there is no program that will be able to edit them to the full extent, and ideas runs near $3000 per insallation license. on the program menu they had a special plugin that downloaded tutorials for certain companies, there were a lot of big engineering companies out there, so clearly it is the program of choice.

covert24
01-31-2006, 06:03 PM
yea all those steel and aluminum milling comapnies use a Autocad type program for their FloJet machines. u kno, the things where u type in what u want the piece of material to look like and u press start and it cuts out the material with a high powered water slice and dice machine.

geeZus
01-31-2006, 06:13 PM
yea all those steel and aluminum milling comapnies use a Autocad type program for their FloJet machines. u kno, the things where u type in what u want the piece of material to look like and u press start and it cuts out the material with a high powered water slice and dice machine.
Thanks for stating the obvious. I think we all know what CADs are used for.

covert24
01-31-2006, 06:16 PM
hey np. lol glad i could help

covert24
01-31-2006, 06:27 PM
hooray for double posts

marvin-martian
01-31-2006, 06:28 PM
does our government have the power to step in and break up google if it becomes too much of a monopoly? i dont know the laws of it since its teh intarwebz.

covert24
01-31-2006, 06:50 PM
probably not. if google does this this would mean big bux for the government in some ways. dont kno any ways myself but im sure they wouldnt stopa nything. i kno there would be a countless law suites that would be turned down due to googles emense power.

claustrophobia9
02-01-2006, 01:15 PM
google isnt monopolizing anything... they are just an all around company. you have to own every other company in a competing field to be a monopoly... wow. first of all, there are many ad companies out there. almost all the rest of googles products are free so if their ads show up everywhere, then yes, but the fact that that is highly unlikely, probibly not.

marvin-martian
02-01-2006, 01:50 PM
google isnt monopolizing anything... they are just an all around company. you have to own every other company in a competing field to be a monopoly... wow. first of all, there are many ad companies out there. almost all the rest of googles products are free so if their ads show up everywhere, then yes, but the fact that that is highly unlikely, probibly not.
i said "if they become too much of a monopoly" in response to all you saying they can possibly taking over the world

durrell
02-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Google Ads have revolutionized advertising on the internet. Instead of a website having annoying pop-ups that can be blocked, they allow advertising on the website AND pay you for using it..I'm doing it, it's great.