PDA

View Full Version : Pilot ACS Velocity Issue

Jugernught
05-25-2007, 06:49 AM
:confused: Hello All,

I have a new Pilot ACS. It has only been fire about 500 times. Everytime I go to the field, I have to adjust the velocity. Just to get the marker to fire close 280FPS I have to remove the spring guide. Which makes adjusting it pointless. Is there something I am missing? I also have a VS2 that needs to be ajusted to 200psi for proper operation, but it has an inline gauge for adjustment.Is the pilot a LP system? My Angel 1 has to use a LP tank set at 450PSI to get below the 280FPS.

The Pilot has all stock parts in it and is using a 68/3000 Tank.
Any help????

shunut
05-25-2007, 06:58 AM
First, welcome to the forum.

The Pilot is HP operation. I'm not sure what to tell you about your velocity without more info. Is your problem that your velocity is too high or too low?

Jugernught
05-25-2007, 08:11 AM
The velocity is to high. With the Guide Pin in and the Adjusting knob out of the Maker, it runs about 310FPS. With the Guide Pin out and the Adjusting knob out of the Marker, I can get around 230 which is to low. With out the Guide Pin, I cant adjust the spring tention.

Jegger24
05-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Spring kits work wonders. I have a 32* spring kit and it has solved my velocity issues. You have to just try the different combinations until you find one that works good...it is my understanding that one spring setup isn't perfect and standard for all markers.

shunut
05-25-2007, 09:28 AM
:yeahthat:

I would start with a spring kit and see what happens.

Pwgsx
05-26-2007, 05:41 AM
The velocity is to high. With the Guide Pin in and the Adjusting knob out of the Maker, it runs about 310FPS. With the Guide Pin out and the Adjusting knob out of the Marker, I can get around 230 which is to low. With out the Guide Pin, I cant adjust the spring tention.

the only reason you cant adjsut it without the guidepin is because you lost or dont have that small flat metal disk that sits in the back of the adjusting knob. ;)