PDA

View Full Version : Funny paint/barrel fit issue ....

Motorhead
05-24-2007, 02:19 PM
First off was just tuning the gun with some cra* paint (Archon Paintball - Ink'd balls)

** Heres the weird part, balls fit good in a .686 insert. You can lightly blow them threw.
When shooting balls out into open air letting them just hit the dirt, you get a good view of how straight they fly, hook ect ....
:mad: With this "Proper" fit the balls hook left/right, up/down ... HORRID accuracy !!

Going to the .689 tube helped a bit (Balls still sticks mostly, some roll out)

** Going to a VERY LOOSE .692 ( all balls roll threw ) Accuracy was Very decent :cool:

VERY ODD !!

Is it perhaps that the balls them selfs having crappy shell seams is causing drag on the balls high spots causing erratic spin ???

Never had the LOOSE fit be so profound in accuracy ... WTF :crazy:

STRIKEFIRST
05-24-2007, 03:00 PM
are they slightly oblong? I use to sell archon paint (made by Zap) the lower end is just like low end Zap.

shunut
05-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Its not too odd. People have been over boring for a while with good accuracy results. I usually test fit my paint then go 1-2 insert sizes up. Well, I use to.

Motorhead
05-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Its not too odd. People have been over boring for a while with good accuracy results. I usually test fit my paint then go 1-2 insert sizes up. Well, I use to.

I use to. :confused: Meaning what ?

** Yea a single paint ball varys in diameter from @ .682 across shell half's to @ .693 if up on the seams. At least .010" out of round.

shunut
05-24-2007, 03:44 PM
I am unable to play anymore.

STRIKEFIRST
05-24-2007, 07:13 PM

And soon you will again.

Nenkitsune
05-24-2007, 08:41 PM
yep! and you'll get to play with me ^^ tommorow i'm putting my pump gun together ^^ it's too late to play dremel, so tommorow i'll be dremeling the pump arm out of pvc, and smoothing the pin out to a perfect round
i've found that some paint like overboring more than others. i can't put a name on what brand/barrel though