PDA

View Full Version : Check out these awesome t-shirts :P

Hob Hayward
05-24-2007, 11:41 AM
www.cafepress.com/macsarefornoobs

Its so true, I mean, if you believe their commercials that Macs are infinitely easy to use and all, Macs really ARE for noobs.

pbfreak3221
05-24-2007, 11:51 AM
I strongly disagree that Macs are really for noobs, I love Macs. The Mac labtops are amazing, and are great quality.

SharpObjects
05-24-2007, 11:59 AM
To each his own?

Hossy
05-24-2007, 12:09 PM
To each his own?

It seems like you are a Mac guy, or a PC guy....theres no in between

pb34
05-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Wouldn't it be better if they made a computer easier to use?

Hob Hayward
05-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Wouldn't it be better if they made a computer easier to use?

Ease of use generally means less capability. Overly user friendly can get to be a pain in the butt. I.e. Mac's lack of a browsable filesystem, they insist you use the "finder" (pain in the ass IMO).

HelpDeskHustler
05-24-2007, 12:29 PM
To each his own?
Its pretty hard to own on a mac. :rolleyes:

newkid
05-24-2007, 01:36 PM
thats funny

Theheroguy
05-24-2007, 03:14 PM
uhhh... I have been raised to hate macs my mom used to be a network administator and don't even get her started on why macs suck there a reason why pcs has 75% of the market

Critical
05-24-2007, 03:53 PM
I use both all the time. Each has it's upsides and it's downsides. All the software out there works almost identically on either box and is available for either and both now share a significant number of internal components. Anyone who broadly puts down one or the other is either a fanboy or has never used the one they are putting down. Heroguy, your mom is a net admin? If she runs Cisco equipment, did she get Cisco certified? For Microsoft products, did she get MCSE certified, etc? Did she get Mac certified? And PCs have more like 90% of the market.

Hob Hayward
05-24-2007, 03:55 PM
uhhh... I have been raised to hate macs my mom used to be a network administator and don't even get her started on why macs suck there a reason why pcs has 75% of the market

Buy her shirt, she'll be happy :p.

vikingshadow
05-25-2007, 03:42 AM
I've never used a Mac, but I remember when everyone was saying to get one because there weren't any viruses out there that could infect them. Is this still true?

We go into the Apple stores in malls and I TRY to play around on their laptops, but they're kind of hard to follow sometimes. I got on the internet and couldn't figure out how to get out of it, lol!

Critical
05-25-2007, 04:34 AM
Macs can get viruses just as easily, if not more easily than a PC. The difference is market share. Those who write viruses generally tend to write them to affect the most possible users, so Macs sneak by that one. However, as the newer Macs use more and more PC parts, and can dual boot Windows OS, the likelihood that Macs will start getting hit is much higher.

vikingshadow
05-25-2007, 05:02 AM
Gotcha! :up:

Theheroguy
05-25-2007, 10:31 AM
yes she used to work with macs on a daily basis when she worked at a school I went to

durrell
05-25-2007, 12:30 PM
People who say Windows sucks just don't know how to use a computer, and that's the bottom line. I've been a Windows user my entire life and I've never had a virus that couldn't be fixed. You just have to know what you're doing. The ease of use of a Windows computer far surpasses that of any other OS, especially Linux.

DFSniper
05-25-2007, 01:08 PM
i grew up on windows, used macs a few years ago, but could never get used to it. i can trouble shoot any pc and find my way around the registry, but on a mac i still have problems using Garage Band, the media player, and their MSPaint-like program...

this is the way i see it:

Windows is better for~
gamers
programmers

Macs are better for~
file storage
data processing

but thats just my opinion. if i were to get laptop for work/school and music, i might consider a Mac if they were cheaper performance-wise. other than that, i'll stick to Windows for gaming, which is what i usually do on the computer. the day i see an AMD processor and an NVidia 8 Series GPU (along with tinker-friendly acessibility) in a Mac, thats the day i'll reconsider my view on Macs.