PDA

View Full Version : need some opinions...

bomberpilot07
05-24-2007, 10:41 AM
k so im back from the dead :p. ive been saving up some money and im on the market for a new truck, i really want a 4wd thats jacked up, but ill probably have to put the lift kit on myself. i am going to a used truck auction next week to see if i cant find something under a couple grand, then fix it up this summer, then when its finished sell my blazer for what i can get. ill also be getting a better paying job so i dont have to worry about buying any of the upgrades, so cost isnt a big issue on parts, just what i can get a nice truck for right now. heres where you guys come in.
i can get a 1500 silverado, ranger, or possibly a ford f150. my thinking is a ranger or chevy... but on the other hand, a full size pickup will suit me better. so if anyone has any ideas where i can look for a nice chevy truck for under 7 grand that would help me out alot... i found a niiice truck on ebay selling locally but i wont have all the cash when i auction ends :/. i think really ill be able to buy one in a month or so. oppions, thoughts, criticisim wanted. the reason im getting the truck now is cause i want to rebuild it "if its got high mileage", and put everything into it i want, while ill have the time and money to be able to put a good truck together. i dont want to trade in my blazer during the time im working on the truck cause ill have to be able to get back and forth from work while i have the whole thing in pieces. and dealers will overcharge the hell out of me while still giving me a bad price on a trade in :/. so yea. input greatly apreciated.. thanks

durrell
05-24-2007, 10:54 AM
If you want my opinion, don't go with a full size. To my knowledge you're not pulling any kind of trailer than is necessary for a V8. The gas is killer and there's honestly no reason to have to be spending 90-100 dollars a tank with 12 miles to the gallon instead of 60-70 dollars a tank with 18 miles to the gallon. If you're concerned about off-road capability, I assure you with some mods a Nissan or Toyota will go through just as much (if not more) than any full size. I say shoot for a Frontier (Supercharged :)) or a Tacoma..if you go the Nissan route I'm on an awesome forum that has all the info in the world about mods. They even offer a solid axle swap kit for the Frontiers if you really want to go out. If you're worried about having backseat room, shoot for a Crew Cab. Just don't go fullsize unless you absoultely have to..the gas bill is a death wish.

timmyshoota
05-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Tacoma's also have a supercharger option. ;)

Screw paying $60-70 for a tank. I pay $40 at most and I get almost 30mpg.

durrell
05-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Tacoma's also have a supercharger option. ;)

Tacomas don't have an OEM supercharger option like the Frontiers do. Only aftermarket. ;)

STRIKEFIRST
05-24-2007, 09:03 PM
Silverado

MR2 Woodsballer
05-24-2007, 11:55 PM
Get yourself a desiel it will pay off in the long run with gas prices. Even if you get an older year they will run forever.

bomberpilot07
05-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Get yourself a desiel it will pay off in the long run with gas prices. Even if you get an older year they will run forever.
gas prices dont bug me, and im not big into diesels.. i think i found a nice truck.. but im gonna wait till after i go to the auction this wednesday to decide... im prolly gonna end up with en extended cab, although id rather have full size :/.

thanks guys.

chubb0rz
05-28-2007, 11:46 AM
maybe its just the mopar in me but I'd look for a dakota...r/t model if possible :waytogo: