PDA

View Full Version : Air America tank seal questions

bigred76
05-22-2007, 11:43 PM
I hate having to ask seal questions, but again, I am stumped on this one. I opened up my Air America Apocalypse 2k for the first time because I was about to send it out for rehydro, and wanted to make sure everything was in order before doing so. Everything was fine, if a bit dry, so I lubed it per the manual. As I was closing up the regulator from the internal seat/valve pin servicing, I realized that I missed something in the manual so I went back to check that seal: the regulator/pin seat. No wonder I hadn't noticed that I didn't lube it, it wasn't there!!! :hoppingmad:

Another thing with this regulator is that it's missing the retaining screw for the 4.5k burst disk. I have decided that instead of making another one (just a 1/8" plug with a hole in it), I might as well just the burst disk and get a new screw while I'm at it. These look pretty much exactly like MacDev Conquest burst disks, if not exactly the same.

My questions are:
Where can I buy a regulator seat for an out of production Air America Apocalypse tank?
Where can I get a replacement 4.5k burst disk/retaining screw for the burst disk for this tank?

Thanks in advance!

bigred76
05-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Noone knows the answer to my dilemas? Fine, to PBN I go to post... :(

NeedForSpeed
05-27-2007, 06:22 AM
heres a reg seat.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Air-America-Reg-Seat_W0QQitemZ7215005931QQcmdZViewItem

use google my friend