PDA

View Full Version : Thinking Timmy

NeedForSpeed
05-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Hey, I guess I'm "new" here now. About 2 years ago I was an everyday poster with like 2,000 something posts I think under the username SuperPaintballMan17 or something like that. I've decided to come back because I've picked up my gun again from the break I had a while back when I was just focussing on my drums and upgrading them. Now that I've put over $1800 in them:rolleyes: ... since I first began to seriously build a monster set..I WANT TO PLAY AGAIN!!
I've been looking into all of the new guns that are out and WOW. So much good stuff for so cheap. My eyes were popping when I read about the PMR for only $400.
I write this post to ask about Timmy's though. I'm looking into a Timmy because of their constant upgradability and I will never be outdated in anything if I ever choose not to be because of the constant building that goes on around those things. At least from the knowledge I've gathered about them over the past few days since I last played with some friends.
And now...that I've almost forgot what I was going to ask:doah: I want to get your opinions. I don't really want to spend a lot getting back into the sport. At most $400 right now. I'm running a tight tight budget and I'm still in school. How much would a used Intimidator (I'm not looking for top-of the line just something I upgrade that hell out of to be a really good marker..whatever that is) be? For those of you who own timmy's how much kick do they have? Would something other then an Intimidator be a wiser choice?
I've been reading the Intimidator forum and I guess that might be a great place to start to but I find that somewhere in the back of my mind I want to come back here and not go elsewhere.

EDIT to the EDIT: Im gonna stop for now. ha. This is going to be an adventure. Any advice would be nice.

ttam13xlpb
05-22-2007, 07:21 PM
you can pick up an older(like 02)timmy for about $250ish.i was going to buy one but i went with the pmr instead

Critical
05-22-2007, 07:21 PM
2k2 and 2k5 timmies can be had for relatively cheap, if you can find them quick enough. Defiants seem to be going for around your price range, Even Alias timmies are under $500. Not that I've been looking or anything. They're a good marker, can be had for a decent price, can be upgraded to a great marker, and you would have a number of options for bodies and frames.

Remind me why I shoot a Spyder again?

Drefish99
05-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Can never go wrong with a timmy or a DM. I prefer using my timmy when I play back and my DM when I play mid and front. I would gauge your purchase towards what position you plan on dominating. Good luck and welcome back.

timmyshoota
05-22-2007, 08:36 PM
I miss my DM7 already. :( With that being said, I'm going back to Timmys. You can find an Alias for $400. Just do some searching on PBN and you'll find one or 2. I've got a friend who has a pretty upped Ripper2 for $400. I'd buy it, but its got some parts on it that I don't want.

Oscum Guy
05-24-2007, 12:14 PM
alias is $400 on firstcallpaintball.com.
i have a spimmy and i dont get much kick, i dont really care much about kick though.

Theheroguy
05-24-2007, 01:28 PM
alias is $400 on firstcallpaintball.com.
i have a spimmy and i dont get much kick, i dont really care much about kick though.
they haven't had any of those in awhile dude

hodni_sania
05-24-2007, 03:08 PM
I know people bash it but check ebay. I got my 2k5 timmy for $350.

timmyshoota
05-24-2007, 08:23 PM
they haven't had any of those in awhile dude
Yeah...like a week or 2. :rolleyes:

NeedForSpeed
05-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Wow. Thanks for the help. Right now I'm looking at the gen4 markers but I've read about a rumor of a gen5 coming out sooner then later? Has anybody else heard this? I know they'll be more expensive then what I'm willing to pay but is this at all right?

phatphil
06-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Can never go wrong with a timmy or a DM. I prefer using my timmy when I play back and my DM when I play mid and front. I would gauge your purchase towards what position you plan on dominating. Good luck and welcome back.

I miss my DM7 already. :( With that being said, I'm going back to Timmys. You can find an Alias for $400. Just do some searching on PBN and you'll find one or 2. I've got a friend who has a pretty upped Ripper2 for $400. I'd buy it, but its got some parts on it that I don't want.

^ Now I don't have to type anything.

You can get an Alias or Gen 4 Timmy for pretty cheap now that Marqs are out. You should be able to find an Alias around $350-$400, and an 06 Timmy for $450-$500.

SparkyGT
06-17-2007, 12:55 AM
i picked up my alias used, then got a good deal on my ripper brand new, just had an offer of a angel plus cash, im goona stick with the timmies, reason i didnt buy a marq was that i'd never seen one, lots of stuff in the valve on the marq, but not sure if it is any faster to teardown than the ripper