PDA

View Full Version : spyder pump

bomberpilot07
01-28-2006, 05:10 PM
ok well i was asked by my freind to turn his victor into a pump... this is where the pump gurus come in. i cant find the thread about the guy who turned his spyder into a pump. i have the basic idea but i wanted to double check it and use it for future reference...

thanks

QAZ123
01-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Dude it's like six post's below this one!! :)
JB.

bomberpilot07
01-28-2006, 06:15 PM
no not that one lol. there was another one made...

ttink
01-28-2006, 06:46 PM
You basically jsut make a valve pin thas 1/4" longer than stock, with no flat spot on it. Then grind a slot in the striker from just in front of the hole to about 1/4" from the front of the striker. Attach some pump arms to the bolt, make a handel, and ure set.

bomberpilot07
01-30-2006, 11:11 AM
well i couldnt find the other page like i was talking about. so im improvising.... its going to have my own variation similar to a cocker.. and its gonna be a bolt action! hehehe

tigerdave714
01-30-2006, 07:08 PM
If you make it bolt action, why not go all the way. Make a wooden stock for it too!

leed
01-31-2006, 05:25 AM
I don't know if you're trying to allow the least amount of modification to the body and internals as you want, but the simpelest design is to have a slotted striker. (I presume you know what this is, if not just ask anyone around here, they probably know). And use your/Tim's idea of drilling (a) hole(s) in the face of the striker to reduce blowback. This would be especially easy with the Victor to attach a pump arm to the bolt.

G'luck!
and Enjoy.

Eventually, I myself will be doing something like this when I have money and time.

bomberpilot07
02-01-2006, 12:14 AM
tonight i slotted out the bolt, and today im going to buy the arm for the bolt then cut the slot in the body and get it all smoothed out. wont be able to test it out till this weekend though :(

bomberpilot07
02-02-2006, 11:18 AM
shcweet. its almost done, once the jb weld sets then i can cut the notch in the body. i need to get a propane torch but i cant find it... i have to have it to bend the bolt arm to make it look more realistic :cool2:

bigred76
02-02-2006, 03:42 PM
And use Tim's idea of drilling (a) hole(s) in the face of the striker to reduce blowback.
Like Doug could think of that on his own. :rolleyes: I will hold off on posting stuff about my pump project 'till it's done. It'll be fugly as sin unless I get it annoed, but at least I know my idea is mechanically sound. And yes, my idea is ubber secret (in other words, only those that are regulars in the AIM chats know ;)).

bomberpilot07
02-13-2006, 09:29 AM
well, i finished the milling last night, waiting on some jb weld and locktite to cure then ill get pics of it and post them in the picture pages for everyone to see :)