HelpDeskHustler
05-20-2007, 06:00 PM
new stuff
teaser page leaked
http://www.halo3.com/comic/
the final page has numbers that when entered as an IP addy leads to this:
http://206.16.223.65/
which is a countdown...
apparently it's a countdown to when halo 3 is release but nobody really knows. it appears to be in BASE 7 (bungie's favorite number) where 60 would = 114. It also appears to be faster than a second... maybe 7/10 of a second or 7/9 (.7rep) whois id runs this page which references a picture of a halo 2 map where a glyph was found (listed as "in africa")
http://206.16.223.63/
look under "evidence"

teaser-rific

master chief can get some new helms for online play
-it looks like bungie is doing something to make people stand out, online customization has been brought even farther, newest details are of their spartan helmet options which include:
1.basic spartan 2 helm
2. spartan 3 style helm (no visor)
3. spartan 3 reinforced

http://www.haloanyone.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/newarmouryellow.jpg
http://www.haloanyone.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/customarmour5.jpg

info about sword leaks.
-it now takes a bit more to kill with it, and each attempt will drain some of its power like in single player halo 2, but not quite as much per hit.

wraith has 2 spots
-along with the main cannon and driver, 1 person can hitch a ride and gun with the turret on it.

banshee has fuel rod in multi
- you can now dump some fuel bombs in multiplayer

Brute chopper revealed
-some mystery still surrounds it but it appears to be a motorcycle like vehicle which apparently gets massive splatter damage. pictures show it in the air alot, even though it clearly has a wheel, maybe it's prone to air... who knows pic:

http://www.haloanyone.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/brutechopper5.jpg
http://www.haloanyone.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/brutechopper3.jpg

new equipment:
one not included in the beta is the radar jammer, it does what it says it does.

a couple maps but still not a lot of info except that one is EVEN bigger than any other map and is heavily vehicle oriented.

[/june 1st news]

OK, so I know most of you all know about the beta... I didn't want to be the nerd who makes a new thread on every halo info released, so i let it build up and here it is: (look for the red text for some juicy stuff)

Halo 3 Beta Now available
Using crackdown, you can access the beta, which includes 3 multiplayer maps and a few different guns. IMO new guns really make the game more than just run and gun, I've constantly been sick of Halo 2, but this has changed the Halo experience for me FOR THE BETTER. Complexity is up, 12-year olds are down, win-win, definitely brings up the value of crackdown to a point where it's almost a must have.

Halo 3 release date pushed forward
originally announced as November 1st for a tentative date, Halo 3 is now in bug fixing stage and Bungie has very firmly stated that they can absolutely hit September 25, 2007 if not sooner (they won't move it forward any farther even if they do get done sooner) They said that their cinematics will all be bug free and exceptionally detailed well before launch.

Halo 3 Pistol changes
The power of the halo 1 pistol is back but it no longer has a scope, since it can be dual wielded

New Halo Novel: contact harvest
to be released slightly before halo 3

Madcatz will be making Halo 3 stuff
action figures, faceplates, boxes, and stuff that will drain your bank account but at the same time make you giggle. Halo 3 zune announced by Microsoft, should be out in july.

Halo wars debuts new Human ships
including the sparrow hawk, an 1 man ship that fires artillery-like rounds downwards.

Halo Comic book soon
Something about between halo 2 and 3... article was TL so i DR :rolleyes:
All Halo 3 weapon names reveled through beta hack.
Weapons

* Assault Rifle (original 60 shot from halo 1, modified not to suck)
* Battle Rifle (3-round burst found in halo 2, slight mod)
* Beam Rifle (cov. sniper from halo 2, no change)
* Brute Shot (brute grenade launcher, shoots straighter than halo 2)
* Carbine (covenant single shot rifle, no change)
* Excavator (new, dont think it is included in beta... no1 knows... could be the minigun)
* Gravity Hammer (presumably the hammer used by tartaurus in halo 2)
* Flamethrower ( :D i'm pretty sure we all know this... not included in beta.. no idea how good it is)
* Magnum (like the original pistol in halo 1, but no scope)
* Missile Launcher (3-rd person view required, shoots multiple homing rockets, less powerful than the rocket launcher but more accurate and more shots)
* Needler (more powerful than halo 2 needler, cannot be dual wielded anymore, similar to halo 1 needler)
* Plasma Pistol (less homing ability, charged shot still lowers shields and now shuts down vehicle engines)
* Plasma Rifle (cosmetic upgrade, no other mods noticed)
* Fuel Rod Cannon (covenant equivalent to a rocket launcher, not included in beta)
* Rocket Launcher (less homing ability apparently, but otherwise the same)
* Shotgun (cosmetic update)
* SMG (doesn't suck as bad as halo 2, but still pretty bad)
* Sniper Rifle (same as original)
* Spartan Laser (included in beta, uses large laser to puncture multiple targets, takes 3 seconds to charge, 1 hit kills all in path)
* Spiker (brute Machine pistol, hard hitting, better than smg)
* Sword (same as h2)
* Land mine (glows orange, explodes on proximity)
* Energy drainer (drains shields in radius)
* orb shield (makes a shield shaped like a sphere, that is stationary.. seen in cgi footage)
* "vulcan" (what happens when a spartan takes the turret off of the tripod and carries it around... my favorate... possibly what is called the excavator)
*something else i forgot i think

Vehicles

* Mongoose (2 seat atv, no guns)
* Warthog (like the others)
* Hornet (apparently a jetlike version of the pelican)
* Pelican
* Scorpion
* Ghost
* Brute Chopper (this is new!)
* Spectre (covenant warthog like vehicle)
* Shadow (long transport vehicle for covenant)
* Banshee
* Phantom
* Wraith

Game Types

* Capture the Flag
Invade your opponent’s stronghold, heist their flag, and bring it back to your base to score.
* Slayer
Kill as many of your opponents as you can. The player with the most points wins.
* Oddball
Find the ball and hold on to it to earn time. The player with the most time wins.
* King of the Hill
Gain control of the hill to earn time. Keep your opponents off and earn the most time to win.
* Juggernaut
Work together to take down the Juggernaut. Beware, you kill the Juggernaut, you become the Juggernaut, and only the Juggernaut can win.
* Territories
Find and control the territories on the map. The more territories you control, the faster you earn time.
* Infection
Destroy the Flood or become infected. Score points for killing flood or big points for infecting a human. The player with the most points wins.
* Assault
Da bomb!
* V.I.P.
Protect the V.I.P. from dying at the hands of your opponents. If you are the V.I.P., you must stay alive or your opponents score a point.

Variations
Apparently, you'll be able to share these with other users much in the same way you do with movies

# Team Slayer
# Team Swords
# Team Rockets
# Team Shotguns
# Team Fiesta
# Team Phantoms
# Slayer Duel
# Sword Duel
# Rifle Duel
# Rumble Slayer
# Rumble Swords
# Rumble Rockets
# Rumble Shotguns
# Oddball
# Fiesta Ball
# Team Ball King
# Phantom King
# Crazy King
# Team Crazy King
# Multi Flag CTF
# CTF Wraiths
# CTF Classic
# Shotgun CTF
# 1 Flag CTF
# 1 Flag CTF Fast
# Multi Bomb Assault
# Rapid Assault
# Neutral Bomb
# Neut. Bomb Fast
# 3 Plots Land Grab

Then, a glitch in the beta allowed some users to access the custom games menu option, which revealed the following settings (you can see pictures of these settings here):

* Damage resistance
* Shield multiplier
* Shield recharge rate
* Immune to headshots
* Grenade counts
* Infinite ammo
* Weapon pickup disabled
* Player speed (25%, 50%, 75%, 90%, 100%, 110%, 125%, 150%, 200%, 300%)
* Player gravity (50%, 100%, 200%)
* Vehicle use (passenger only)
* Motion tracker range (10m, 25m, 75m, 100m, 150m)
* Appearance
o Vis effects (black glow, team glow, white glow)
o Active camo (good camo that might fool and elite, poor camo that might fool a grunt, invisible)
* Indestructible vehicles (on, off)

peter Jackson's project with bungie has been reveled to be another trilogy

speculation mill
Bungie is giving the fans a massive amount of halo 3 stuff so they can take a long(er) halo break before their next game.
Ensemble is making an RTS for bungie so that their 8th Generation game (for the next generation after this one of consoles) so that project orion (their MMO which is thought to be a RTS/FPS command based cooperation) will run smoothly since they will have a previous project to base their design on.

TL;DR, Bungie has a killer line up. call it over hype, milking a product, whatever... its going to be pretty kick ***

Maxx-Damage
05-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Curse u HdH, now i want to play H2 live. But cant do to no gold.:( Its nice to see all the new stuff wrapped up in 1 post though.

HelpDeskHustler
05-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Curse u HdH, now i want to play H2 live. But cant do to no gold.:( Its nice to see all the new stuff wrapped up in 1 post though.
my bad i missed one thing.

the structure shown in the teaser which no body really knew for sure what it was since it looked like the ark but wasnt; has been reveled through some design art that was released. if you recall halo 2 cutscenes they show the library on intallation 5, this is nearly identical but appears to be in the proccess of being built in an automated form. its speculated that what is coming up combined with the ark will form another library, or installation to activate halos.

durrell
05-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Geez claus..you have it down to a science. I just play the game..I couldn't tell you the story line if you asked.

Opteron-O3
05-20-2007, 07:44 PM
I might have to buy xbox360 now...

calebh
05-20-2007, 08:44 PM
* Assault Rifle (original 60 shot from halo 1, modified not to suck)with 32 shots, if i remember right. shoots slower, more accurately, with the same power, i think. not entirely sure. i was just stoked to get this back :D

Then, a glitch in the beta...who said it was a glitch? it probably was intentional to get people even more excited about halo3. that's how i would do it, anyway

DFSniper
05-21-2007, 05:16 AM
wow, current ETA the day before my birthday. maybe i should get off my lazy rear end and stop being a poser and get a 360 (i already have a 360 beanie and a "Bungie Fanfest 2007 Ramadi, Iraq" Halo 3 shirt)... IF they dont make it for PC!

bamf-hacker
05-21-2007, 05:17 AM
I hate you... When I saw the thread I thought the PAINTBALL Halo had some major news.

Opteron-O3
05-21-2007, 06:01 AM
I hate you... When I saw the thread I thought the PAINTBALL Halo had some major news.

Yea same here lol

HelpDeskHustler
05-21-2007, 12:55 PM
THIS IS SPARTA erm... NPT...!!!

d, I love the halo storyline, its just... good.

with 32 shots, if i remember right. shoots slower, more accurately, with the same power, i think. not entirely sure. i was just stoked to get this back :D

my bad, I reload too much to notice. and they're pretty sure it's a glitch as the codes for other guns were referenced in lines of beta code, which is horrible programming, especially if its made to be small and transmittable over xbox live. The banning of modded xboxes when the beta came out also showed that they didn't want people messing with it.

Opteron-O3
05-21-2007, 01:43 PM
The banning of modded xboxes when the beta came out also showed that they didn't want people messing with it.

Orly? Maybe I'll start playing again.

pb34
05-21-2007, 02:15 PM
I might have to buy xbox360 now...

Same here:(

durrell
05-21-2007, 02:38 PM

Yeah..I read about it yesterday, they're not banning gamertags anymore..just consoles.

Opteron-O3
05-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Yeah..I read about it yesterday, they're not banning gamertags anymore..just consoles.

That's good news then! *goes to store*

HelpDeskHustler
05-21-2007, 03:45 PM
I've never encountered a hardware modding person on xbox live. I've encountered loophole users who "standby" their routers... but all hardware mods basically get banned the second they hit XBL

Opteron-O3
05-21-2007, 04:44 PM
I've never encountered a hardware modding person on xbox live. I've encountered loophole users who "standby" their routers... but all hardware mods basically get banned the second they hit XBL

I was hit by them game after game... that's why I quit. Until now... maybe.

HelpDeskHustler
05-21-2007, 05:06 PM
I was hit by them game after game... that's why I quit. Until now... maybe.
are you sure it was an actual mod chip? because there are many ways that people were able to circumvent coding in halo 2 to simulate a real network error or malfunction then use it to cheat.

Opteron-O3
05-21-2007, 05:19 PM
are you sure it was an actual mod chip? because there are many ways that people were able to circumvent coding in halo 2 to simulate a real network error or malfunction then use it to cheat.

Hmm, SMG Rockets, auto aim, modded guns, auto respawn on a specific location where only the host would win? etc...

durrell
05-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Claus you quit far before it got bad. I got modded so hardcore so many times. Ghosts on Warlock, auto-aim, super speed, auto-spawn kill, plasmas shot rockets and stuff, Wraiths flew across the screen at Sanctuary and shot lightning bolts down killing everything. All of that happened in matchmaking. You wouldn't believe the stuff I saw in Custom games. I softmodded my Xbox and modded a few things. It's so unbelievably easy. But then I effed up my box and ruined it when I deleted my dashboard.

Theheroguy
05-21-2007, 05:31 PM
yeah I had to quit when the modding got bad and hes not claus anymore

but now my friend wants me to join his halo 2 team

Oscum Guy
05-21-2007, 06:09 PM
this reminds me. have any of you seen "haloid" on gametrailers.com. awesome and funny.

Opteron-O3
05-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Claus you quit far before it got bad. I got modded so hardcore so many times. Ghosts on Warlock, auto-aim, super speed, auto-spawn kill, plasmas shot rockets and stuff, Wraiths flew across the screen at Sanctuary and shot lightning bolts down killing everything. All of that happened in matchmaking. You wouldn't believe the stuff I saw in Custom games. I softmodded my Xbox and modded a few things. It's so unbelievably easy. But then I effed up my box and ruined it when I deleted my dashboard.

That's exactly what made me quit.

SharpObjects
05-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Where did you hear that peter Jackson's project with bungie has been reveled to be another trilogy? I haven't heard anything on this. :confused:

I saw a video of the pistol, I like the balanceness of it, kinda wish it fired faster though.

HelpDeskHustler
05-23-2007, 01:46 PM
this reminds me. have any of you seen "haloid" on gametrailers.com. awesome and funny.
i linked to it here....

Where did you hear that peter Jackson's project with bungie has been reveled to be another trilogy? I haven't heard anything on this. :confused:

I saw a video of the pistol, I like the balanceness of it, kinda wish it fired faster though.teamxbox.com somewhere.

HelpDeskHustler
06-01-2007, 04:44 PM
see page one for the newest updates, brute chopper, new helms etc!

Maxx-Damage
06-02-2007, 06:49 AM
Im not loving the first helm. The 2nd one looks nice, but i still think the originol helm is the best.

leed
06-02-2007, 07:00 PM
That stuff is crazy.. Too bad I can't afford Halo 3, much less an XBOX360, much less a good internet connection..

Maxx-Damage
06-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Missed something else D. Halo-Ghost of Onyx(book). Says the new helm is actualy a new armor called SPI=Semi Powered Infitration armor. Has active camo, not as good as the halo 1 and 2 armor id guess. Also a new bread of Spartans called Spartans III(how original). One of the battle rifles is shorter. It doesnt mention anything of what John is doing on earth though, neither does Harvest last i read.

Theheroguy
06-17-2007, 07:22 PM
um you shouldn't reveal parts of the book I liked discovering those when I read it

Maxx-Damage
06-18-2007, 06:35 AM
Theres more to it than what i posted. 383pgs, i dont think i sumerized it that well.

HelpDeskHustler
06-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Theres more to it than what i posted. 383pgs, i dont think i sumerized it that well.
ya, trust us... telling you they have spartan III's doesn't turn out to be very significant based on what happens in Ghosts to all of the remaining spartans... its a pretty BA book.

updating main page today... check back later!

Maxx-Damage
06-18-2007, 08:46 AM
actually it does. I could say what their for, and how they affect the Spartans II. Have u read it yet? And i figured out the flamethrower, its on Halo 1 for PC. Can only use it on mutiplayer online.

DFSniper
06-18-2007, 01:02 PM
hmm, gonna have to try to pick it up before i hit the airport on thursday. ive seen it for a while but didnt know if it was any good, and ive run out of things to read...

durrell
06-18-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm glad to see it's going to be totally different than H2. H2 is getting old quick if you ask me.

HelpDeskHustler
06-18-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm glad to see it's going to be totally different than H2. H2 is getting old quick if you ask me.
yea, IDK if you played the beta... but it really felt like there was some tactics going on. I was having a blast. OH YEA! putting up the news on the first post... sorry it took so long.

HelpDeskHustler
06-18-2007, 06:40 PM
if anyone can help me figure out this number page it's driving me nuts

Hossy
06-18-2007, 09:10 PM
....and hes not claus anymore....

He will always be claus in my heart :loveeyes:

:p

agreed

Maxx-Damage
07-22-2007, 07:19 AM
MSN H3 site. (http://halo.msn.com/default.aspx?section=videos&mediaid=video6&GT1=10174)
They have some awesome vids, they explain y the brutes are the main focus of h3 also and they show the brute cycle thing and the chain gun.:D