PDA

View Full Version : hopper

spyder_4ever
05-20-2007, 09:50 AM
i want to buy a electronic hopper and im thinking about a halo tsa, does anyone no a good hopper i can buy that dosnt cost alot

Ace24
05-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Evlution Viewloader II. Other known as an Egg. There are alot for sale here and there. (I'm actually thinking of selling mine with the z-board... but idk.)

They are cheap, and fast. Just be careful with the battery doors... :dodgy:

TSA aren't really that good. ...and honestly, I hate how they look. Reminds me of a boat.

pbfreak3221
05-20-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm not sure what your definition of a lot is, but if you want a really cheap hopper go for the egg, if not the Vlocity Jr. which goes for like 99, is an amazing bang for it's buck.

Hob Hayward
05-20-2007, 11:14 AM
I started off with the TSA, in my opinion now, its not worth the money when, for $20 more you can have something that you should have difficulty outshooting. An egg would be a much better choice, though if you can afford more, the Vlocity, and Vlocity jr are even better. My personal favorite though would be the Empire Reloader B2.

Maxx-Damage
05-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Actionvillage is selling the egg3 for $60. Seems like a good deal to me.

xSoulsx
05-21-2007, 12:52 PM
I the EGG 3 or 2 you can get them at Wally World (Wal-Mart) Or www.actionvillage.com...

Or any ohther paintball store...

wylde01
05-22-2007, 05:46 PM
i have a tsa along with my reloader b. IMO its not worth it. the hopper its self is good but the shell is easy to break. it could have been mine though. idk. ive also owned the ricochet apache and so far the reloader b has been best.

applesauce
05-23-2007, 11:16 AM
I like my halo with rip! kinda heavy, but works like a dream

stylinbeaver
05-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Halo B's price has dropped alot. I bought one with a pinched wire for 40. You can get a good working one for around 50 to 60 bucks easy. That would be your best bet in my opinion.

Bilbo
05-23-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm not sure how advanced you are, but I can tell you that I (I've been playing about 6 months now) got a viewloader Revolution (a "revvie") when I first decided to get an electronic hopper. I love it. The only shortcoming I can see is that it doesn't feed as fast as things like the halo. For others, that's a real problem. But since I'm not one of the million-balls-a-minute players, it really doesn't matter to me. I snap shoot a few shots at a time. At most I'm doing about 8 bps, and the revvie does just fine with that. They say it will feed 13bps, but I wouldn't know from experience. It has a sensor that only runs the motor when balls need to be fed, which is better than a lot of other lower-priced hoppers that run all the time.

Ace24
05-23-2007, 04:09 PM
I got my Empire Reloader B for $35 on the nation... it came with a Hybrid drive cone, speed feed, and that speed pully system as well as a rip drive. The only defect was the shell had a crack in it.

Empire B's have a reload rating at 22-25BPS consistantly.

DarkHorse9825
05-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Try the FASTA. It is nice, and not that bad in price. I use it with my MR3 and it keeps up no probs. I think it is rated for 25+ balls a sec.? All I know is it works great for me. I play woods ball and it has taken some abuse without one problem. Like anything made of plastic, it will break if hit hard enough, but I have had zero problems with it, even with direct hits and bumping around. Not bad on batteries too.

spyder_4ever
05-26-2007, 03:29 PM
I got my Empire Reloader B for $35 on the nation... it came with a Hybrid drive cone, speed feed, and that speed pully system as well as a rip drive. The only defect was the shell had a crack in it.

Empire B's have a reload rating at 22-25BPS consistantly.

nation?

pbfreak3221
05-26-2007, 03:32 PM
pbnation.com The most popular, other than this forum obviously... forum for paintball.