PDA

View Full Version : no big deal or did i get ripped off?

Kenny_McCormic
05-19-2007, 09:51 AM
i got my nib 14" progressive today and inside the barrel there are some scratches like 5 or 6 little scratches that are pretty shallo they dont look like they uncovered any bare metal and there is some discoloration in the anno near the breach end of the barrel. aretheese little defects expected or did i get a second?

Hossy
05-19-2007, 10:06 AM
welll
if its NIB, it should be brand new.
But when products are used, they get worn down after awhile

Kenny_McCormic
05-19-2007, 10:33 AM
well it was nib in the sp packaging but it dont look nib

Kenny_McCormic
05-19-2007, 10:44 AM
like it might be defective from the factory. should i see if i can get an exchange with the ebay seller or contact sp? it came with a sp waranty card

Kenny_McCormic
05-19-2007, 07:28 PM
it seems to shoot good i shot 400 rounds of nelson hot spot and got 6x6 inch groupings at 40 feet and its kinda loose in the barrel (rolls out)it was very quiet the bolt slaming back and forth was the loudest part so im not worried but if it starts shooting like **** because the inside coating flakes off its registered now so im not worried.
oh and btw my 9oz tank got 700 ROUNDS that = 1500+ rounds from the 20 oz in the mail

and what pliers do you guys use to perform the poor man lightning bolt mod? because i cant find any skinny enuf to get a good grip on the star

Hob Hayward
05-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Are you saying 700 shots from a 9oz on a mostly stock victor? That would be Amazing.

Kenny_McCormic
05-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Are you saying 700 shots from a 9oz on a mostly stock victor? That would be Amazing.

yep and the last 200 were with the stock barrel cause I was using dirty hella old ****ty paint i got from a friend for free. I was amzed myself. i ran out right at nightfall when everybody started leaving perfect timing. this was my first game and IT WAS A BLAST we went out in the woods and played all sorts of games elimination on this old railroad bed which had an assload of cover on both sides. then we played 2 on 2 in the woods. then we got bored and picked out 2 big ass trees about 50 feet apart and took turns doing 1 on 1 dueling it was great

Jimmyd24
05-19-2007, 09:07 PM
u should still contact your ebay seller and tell him what you see and sometimes they will offer to ship you a new one if he is a store or you can take it up with sp.

Kenny_McCormic
05-19-2007, 09:39 PM
im going too i did get it from an ebay store and if that dont work then i will contact sp cause its under warranty

Ace24
05-20-2007, 01:01 AM
Barrels will wear like that, that sounds like normal wear. Paint eats away at annoes after a while, same as it does with paint. (Like spray paint and wall paint exc...)

If it was a store, make sure it wasn't suppose to be one of the used items that they carry. Some stores buy items off of players or "Pawn" them for the players, so there could have been a misunderstanding if you thought it was suppose to be new, but they sold you a used one.

Just clarify it with the store. As long as it's good looking on the outside and shoots straight with no problem... I wouldn't really worry about it... (But if its under warranty... hell, get a new one if it acts up)

and what pliers do you guys use to perform the poor man lightning bolt mod? because i cant find any skinny enuf to get a good grip on the star
I chewed the hell out of my Venturi with needle nose pliers. (Just regular ones that BARELY fit in the end of the bolt... hence why it chewed the crap out of the Venturi.)

Basicly grip onto anything you can, then heat it... (after taking out the o-rings) and twist... It took me about 2 hours to actually get the damn thing out, then I ended up getting another bolt (hah).

Kenny_McCormic
05-20-2007, 08:31 AM
yea im thinkin it would be eaisier to buy one of those $5 derlin bolts and drill it out (theres a drill press about 100 feet from me right now)

Kenny_McCormic
05-20-2007, 08:33 AM
Barrels will wear like that, that sounds like normal wear. Paint eats away at annoes after a while, same as it does with paint. (Like spray paint and wall paint exc...)

If it was a store, make sure it wasn't suppose to be one of the used items that they carry. Some stores buy items off of players or "Pawn" them for the players, so there could have been a misunderstanding if you thought it was suppose to be new, but they sold you a used one.

nope it was a nib 05 progressive barrel

Ace24
05-20-2007, 10:09 AM
yea im thinkin it would be eaisier to buy one of those $5 derlin bolts and drill it out (theres a drill press about 100 feet from me right now)
Alamo City Paintball has alot of VERY good bolts for VERY cheap prices.

www.alamocitypb.com

If it was listed as NIB, then you should return it to them complaining that you have received a worn/used barrel that is not in the condition stated in the sale.