PDA

View Full Version : New Camera?

HelpDeskHustler
05-19-2007, 07:20 AM
$400 limit, what do you suggest?

I don't need a ton of optical zoom (12x is too much, 6x is probibly a good max), It's mainly REC purposes. Some kind of anti blur would be nice. Also one that takes good pics INSIDE as well as outside. thx

edit: also another tier... $200 buck limit... :dodgy: (parents want new camera... dad doesn't.. even though the HP one blurs and doesn't turn on on flash...)

OH! Digital

leed
05-19-2007, 08:03 AM
Nikon CoolPix's. Or the Canon Powershots.

Don't worry too much about Megapixels. If it's anything more than 5, it's not worth the cash. I would say 5 is as much as you should ever need, unless, of course, you plan on printing huge posters, in which case, you would be looking for a better camera all together.

HelpDeskHustler
05-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Ok... well when my dad heard we wanted a new camera and not an HP one this time... he freaked and before I could research like my mom wanted me to, he accused the past camera of being my fault for breaking saying I "took too many pictures" then went out to Sam's club and bought some HP Photosmart R725 camera on his own. I've been accused of breaking the following BAD merchandise that I had no part in breaking:

-150 dollar hp camera that was 5 years old
-my brother's computer which i never use
-the power supply to a cheap LCD TV which I moved 1 time and put back working, then was mysteriously broken after a party they had
-a 1987 CRT tv that had the tube get messed up... I never moved it.
-My 5 year old computer that is according to my dad "slow because of all of my crap", i proceeded to tell him he might be right if it could run my crap

[/rant]needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed in how childish he is.

leed
05-20-2007, 12:11 PM
I feel ya man, my dad is like that too. But I mean, hey, only a few more years, you won't have to deal with him anymore.

I will never understand how you can get mad at someone for breaking a camera for taking too many pictures. Hah. That's like when my dad got pissed off at me because the bathroom floor was a little right after I took a shower. I mean, come on..