PDA

View Full Version : pmr battery harness

ttam13xlpb
05-19-2007, 05:40 AM
ok so i got my pmr thursday and i took it out and shot it.when i got back i was reading the manual and learning how to change the modes and it seems like the guy that had it before me pulled the battery harness a little and the wires were coming out of the plug that goes on the board and i didnt notice this until one of them came all the way out:mad: so how would i fix this?would i have to send it back to proto?

thanks

vikingshadow
05-19-2007, 06:21 AM
This is a common problem with the PMR. Lots of ham-fisted kiddos yanking on things incorrectly...

All you should have to do (if you don't want to try soldering and fixing it yourself) is call Dye and they'll send you a new one. From what I hear, it takes a week or so for them to get one sent to you. If you look hard, someone might have a Lucky harness for sale - the wires are much more hearty than the measly Dye ones...

Another option is to get the UL frame. It has done away with the battery harness - a BIG perk for me! All you do is snap the battery in and you're good to go. Another option, I think, is to get a different board. Not sure on that, though.

HelpDeskHustler
05-19-2007, 06:48 AM
This is a common problem with the PMR. Lots of ham-fisted kiddos yanking on things incorrectly...

:dodgy: i pull out by the wires... just not very hard. especailly since last time i pulled out by the housing the housing broke. (ion, eyes)

vikingshadow
05-19-2007, 07:05 AM
I NEVER use the wires to pull anything. Always the housing, and then very very VERY gently. To many times of having to repair wires has taught me this...

I guess if your gentle with the wires, it'd be ok - but I don't take the chance.

DRAGON
05-19-2007, 07:54 AM
This is a common problem with the PMR............

If it's a common prob then maybe it's actually a Dye short coming. ;) How many times do you hear of this same concern with Spyder's? -

Slit the top of the battery connector, thread the wire back in same as the one that didn't come loose, solder it back on then use some electrical tape to cover the part that you slit open -

vikingshadow
05-19-2007, 08:39 AM
I think the issue isn't the black connector, but rather the white connector that connects to the board, if I'm reading the complaints correctly.

And Dragon's right, it is an actual DYE issue - I hear this happens on all their guns.

ttam13xlpb
05-19-2007, 05:26 PM
yes it is the white part thaT CONNECTS TO THE BOARD.so if i had dye send me another one would it be the whole plug part?and how much would it cost me to get a new one?and thanks for the help so far guys:)

DRAGON
05-19-2007, 05:31 PM
If Dye sent you the part, it would have to include the battery harness/micro-switch harness since they are both connected to that plug. The marker is warrantied so it seems they'd have to send you the part. Sent the warranty card in yet? -

ttam13xlpb
05-19-2007, 05:59 PM
it didnt have one with it but it had everything else with it so would they know if the guy b4 me had sent it in or not?and can you tell me how to get that whole plug out?

vikingshadow
05-19-2007, 06:26 PM
You should just be able to call them and according to what I've heard they just send them out - they know there's an issue with them.

A knife blade could be used to pry that white piece out...

ttam13xlpb
05-19-2007, 06:32 PM
ok thank you for your help

ttam13xlpb
05-19-2007, 06:34 PM
oh and one more question...would i have to disconect the other wires that run out of the plug?from whatever they go to?they are yellow and blue

DRAGON
05-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Might be easier to remove the board then pull the connector, dunno. They may ask you of a serial number so have that ready. I think these markers have them. There's one on the box of mine. Yellow and blue go to the switch as I mentioned earlier. Hee hee......I tore mine completely apart a couple days after I got it. A tinkerers curse I tell ya! -

vikingshadow
05-19-2007, 07:23 PM
I also think the serial number is located under the body between the body and grip frame - I think....

Ace24
05-20-2007, 12:14 AM
:dodgy: i pull out by the wires... just not very hard. especailly since last time i pulled out by the housing the housing broke. (ion, eyes)
:cringes: I ruined a battery harness by doing that once... (had to hurry inbetween games and needed a battery switch fast... NEVER rush with fragile electronics at stake) thank god I had another. Live and learn I guess...

ttam13xlpb
05-23-2007, 03:29 PM
i took care of it.called proto and the gun was still under warranty and it ships out friday

Redheadfred
05-23-2007, 04:59 PM
it uses the same harness and micro switch as a dm4,5 and a pm5 I know for sure . Same thing happened to me bout 2 weeks ago .

ttam13xlpb
05-23-2007, 06:38 PM
yeah it sucks..i have mine rigged up where it somehow works for a temporary fix