PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone actually clocked their MR2 at 25 bps?

Nuwisha
05-19-2007, 05:07 AM
The most i've been able to get is a reading of 20bps off the chrono at my local field.

Now i'm wondering if the regulator is the problem....though speed ball guns have regs and high rates of fire.......

Any hoo, if you guys can let me know how fast(bps not fps) your mr2 is, that would be cool.

shunut
05-19-2007, 08:16 AM
Chrono's at the field are usually WAY inaccurate and I wouldn't trust their reading at all.

Are you shooting in semi, auto, ramp....?

FAQTO
05-19-2007, 10:55 AM
mines 12bps max, cant afford any faster balls to expensive,lol

Nuwisha
05-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Shooting in full auto (ver c t-board) set @ 21 bps reading at 20.

Its amazing how much paint is flying out.....empty the q-loader in 5 seconds.

I still play with it on semi, or full set to 15 bps but every once in a while you have to intimidate everyone with what you could do to them.

new_Faction64
05-19-2007, 01:37 PM
The only way to reach 25BPS with the STOCK board is by actually hitting the switch 25 times per second in semi. Same with any high-end marker in semi.

In Full Auto it only goes 12-13BPS, which I have clocked and others have sound tested.

shunut
05-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Shooting in full auto (ver c t-board) set @ 21 bps reading at 20.

Its amazing how much paint is flying out.....empty the q-loader in 5 seconds.

I still play with it on semi, or full set to 15 bps but every once in a while you have to intimidate everyone with what you could do to them.

Personally I think its cheap to claim that you are shooting 21 or 20 bps on full auto. It doesn't require you to actually do anything. Only way I think you should be able to claim a true BPS is if its on semi and you are pulling the trigger everytime. Don't get me wrong, its cool if you have full auto, ramping or auto responce and a loader capable of 20+ bps. I got lots of comments on both my Spimmy (22 BPS) and my Ego (26 BPS) at the field.

Nuwisha
06-02-2007, 04:42 AM
The only way to reach 25BPS with the STOCK board is by actually hitting the switch 25 times per second in semi. Same with any high-end marker in semi.

In Full Auto it only goes 12-13BPS, which I have clocked and others have sound tested.

I know thats the only way with the stock board, I'm just wondering if anyones actually done it.... I can't get it to shoot faster than 20/21 with the auto....ifn I set it any faster it just craps out.....

Is it because I've put the regulator on and it isn't getting enough air, or is Kingman full of crap and theres no way for it to shoot that fast in any mode?

As a side note, I don't play with it set at 21bps, I usually play with it set at 17 on ramping..... semi until I really rip and then it goes full till you let off the trigger. Thats if i'm playing with the MR2, lately I've been using my f4 Illustrator... no batteries, no problems.....no high ROF.

Maybe I'll take of the reg and see what happens.

fwgericke
06-02-2007, 08:37 AM
I think what he`s triyng to ask shunut is whether anyone has ever reached the claimed 25 bps that kingman say the marker can reach thats all:waytogo:

NeedForSpeed
06-02-2007, 09:20 AM
I don't think I've ever seen anyone reach 25 bps period. Maybe its possible with ramping and all but you gotta de dumb to waste all that paint.

etrain
07-17-2007, 03:45 PM
The dealer at my local paintball dealer said if you have fast enough fingers you can get the MR2 up to 30bps

vikingshadow
07-17-2007, 03:56 PM
NO ONE's fingers are that fast, for crying out loud. 17, maybe 18 consitantly on a good run MAYBE, but I doubt it.

Nuwisha - you need to turn that gun down. 17 on ramping is WAY too fast. Remember, that's 17 balls in the air one time - once they leave your gun you can't call them back, and if some kids mask should come off, or get lifted up, you're talking serious problems there. Most fields, and I'm surprised you're allowed (unless it's not a legit field) only allow AT THE MOST 15 bps PSP ramping (3 semi shots, then 3 shots per pull which is easier to stop if some incident were to come up up to 15 bps), and usually don't allow any kind of ramping. Besides, semi is where the true skill is!

I wonder - I'm sure this gun is like any other out there. To reach it's full potential it needs aftermarket parts on it (lighter bolt and striker, better air flow, etc... If a person has all that in their gun, I'm sure that it could hit those speeds on some kind of assisted mode.

Nuwisha
07-18-2007, 06:26 AM
I've stopped playing with it set that high...well unless that one person is playing...but thats a different story. I now play with the tourny lock on. No ramping, no full auto, just semi capped at 15bps.

I still want to know if anyone as even come close to the 25 bps claim.

vikingshadow
07-18-2007, 06:30 AM
I've stopped playing with it set that high...well unless that one person is playing...but thats a different story.

Hahaha, I think every field has that "one person." Our field has two or three of them!

DRCeccato
07-18-2007, 01:55 PM
KILL KENNY!!!!

"Wade, He's overthere"
"What? where's Kenny?"
BRRRAAAAPPPP!
"Oh Over there!"

FAQTO
07-18-2007, 03:02 PM
hows sundays going at aussie paintball miss playing with you guys ,my son was rocked when he couldnt play ,might come out soon
james

KingTutBaller
09-01-2007, 10:34 PM
...and if some kids mask should come off, or get lifted up, you're talking serious problems there.

I had this happen to me, I was making a long run, (clusmy me) tripped, and my mask slid down around my neck. Not one second before hitting the ground, I had anywhere from 6 to 14 balls hit my shoulders and two on the top of my head. I have no issues with auto-fire but there definately is a safety concern with anything shooting so quickly. I heard alot of 'sorry' and 'I didn't mean to' which was expected but I've never felt the need for so many shots to be fired at someone. No disrespect to rate of fire or anything, I love automatic guns, I just personally think they're more of an intimidation factor/cover fire tool than actually unloading on someone.

But I do understand the point of this thread, 'is kingman's claim of 25bps true?' Just saying for all of our safety, lets hope not ;)

MVS1
09-02-2007, 07:51 AM
couple of things you may try nuwisha...first, if your gun fires fine at normal rates, 15 bps or so, then has issues at higher rates, 20+ bps then your not getting enough air, as you probably already knew by wanting to change out your reg, but your tank reg needs to be taken into consideration as well. you didnt say what type reg you where using, but most decent aftermarket regs can support pretty high rates as long as they are getting air supplied to them, and thats where most folks have issues, high recharge rate and large volume of air is needed to support really fast cycling rates. you can get lightened strikers, high flow valves, etc. but if your regs cant provide the air when needed, your going to have shoot-down and/or re-cocking issues.
now can any stock kingman marker truly shoot their advertised rof? realistically, no. but every manufacturer in the industry over inflates their rof claims. i have over $400 into my pilot and early on it was all about the max rof, then i got smart and started realizing that efficiency, consistancy and accuracy was the key.
there ya go i`ll get off the soap box now.

Nuwisha
09-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Well this weekend I'm going to try something new, I'm going to use an unregulated MR3 with an alamo city bolt and the verC-t board and see what kind of ROF it'll do.

On a side note, I think my solenoid is dying, can they be ordred from spyder or does anyone know of a better quality one?

After this weekend the verC t-board is going back into the MR2 and the stock board is going back in the mr3, shucks but its a comfy marker.

The MR2 will be my new project, i'm trying to find a rifle stock for it to fit in, just for the look. That or try and build a MAC10 out of it...but how to mount the q loader?

chnk
09-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Well this weekend I'm going to try something new, I'm going to use an unregulated MR3 with an alamo city bolt and the verC-t board and see what kind of ROF it'll do.

On a side note, I think my solenoid is dying, can they be ordred from spyder or does anyone know of a better quality one?

After this weekend the verC t-board is going back into the MR2 and the stock board is going back in the mr3, shucks but its a comfy marker.

The MR2 will be my new project, i'm trying to find a rifle stock for it to fit in, just for the look. That or try and build a MAC10 out of it...but how to mount the q loader?

dude make an eye template fro mthe mr3. please i want to install eyes, but the im not to sure about the eye template i made from photoshop, if i get a template from an mr3 then i'll be more confident.

if its not to mch trouble you think you can measure it out or make it as accurate as possible.

as for ramping, no stock hopper will handle 25 bps unless it has an upped board or a qloader, ramping is a newb mode anyways

Nuwisha
09-08-2007, 05:02 AM
dude make an eye template fro mthe mr3. please i want to install eyes, but the im not to sure about the eye template i made from photoshop, if i get a template from an mr3 then i'll be more confident.

if its not to mch trouble you think you can measure it out or make it as accurate as possible.

as for ramping, no stock hopper will handle 25 bps unless it has an upped board or a qloader, ramping is a newb mode anyways

I'll take the measurements and photos of the channel, I'll even try to take photos with the measuring tape in them.

If I can find a rifle stock I like, I'm going to just drill the eye holes and not worry about covers, as they'll be covered by the wood stock......well thats the plan anyway.....

It might be about a week or so till I get the measurements/photos.

chnk
09-08-2007, 08:01 PM
I'll take the measurements and photos of the channel, I'll even try to take photos with the measuring tape in them.

If I can find a rifle stock I like, I'm going to just drill the eye holes and not worry about covers, as they'll be covered by the wood stock......well thats the plan anyway.....

It might be about a week or so till I get the measurements/photos.

take your time, im still trying to get a tboard