PDA

View Full Version : Stripped A Screwhole

tygger91
05-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Hey, I accidently stripped the hole on the right hand side of the feedneck that holds it in place next to the Detent.

It's completely gone, and the screw just falls out. Anyone knows if the Two on top will hold or not and if the air escaping through the stripped hole will effect the gun much.

Maxx-Damage
05-17-2007, 12:46 PM
lol, ive done the same thing. Everytime i dry fire the screw shoots right out. I have yet to have any noticable damage done with just using the top 2 screws. Just dont hold onto ur gun by the hopper.

SpyderFan
05-17-2007, 07:02 PM
i stripped the exact same screw. and all you have to do is take the washer off the scew and it works like new. needless to say, be extra careful not to strip it out again, cuz then you'll have to put up with the damage, or use a heli-coil.

Kenny_McCormic
05-17-2007, 07:38 PM
yea get it helicoiled dosnt cost much if antrhing if younkow somebody with a kit

speedemon
05-18-2007, 05:28 AM
My mr1 did the same thing. I just got a tap for the opposite screw and threaded it with that. What i mean is if it is metric than get a standard tap it should be just a touch bigger and it cuts through like butter with no need to drill before you tap. Get a new allen head and your set.

Barricuda
05-18-2007, 12:02 PM
striped 3 screws on mine, but kingman replaced the recever