PDA

View Full Version : remanufactured mr-1?

Sinsemillia
05-17-2007, 07:16 AM
Well i have a question about Remaned mr-1's. I ordered one from actionvillage.com at a great price of 60 dollars. I was just wondering if any one had purchase a reman marker from kingman and ever had any problems. I feel pretty good about the purchase, the mr-1 reman comes with a year warranty, just like when its new. I also wanted to thank anyone thats posted here, i searched the net for 3 nights finding a pretty good list of upgrades for the mr-1, but it was not until i came here that i found in-depth threads about upgrades! So hats off to everyone!

Critical
05-17-2007, 07:54 AM
You should be fine. Once you get it, strip it down, make sure there's no damage, and that the o-rings are all good. put it back together lubing/oiling all the orings. After that, you're good as new.

Sinsemillia
05-17-2007, 08:08 AM
Awesome, thanks for the advice! <--- newbie Should i use lube made for paintball markers or will any gun oil do? thanks again

new_Faction64
05-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Remanufactured as in....refurbished markers? They should hold up just fine, Kingman markers are pretty solid, and even if there is a problem, it's probably easy and cheap to replace.

Awesome, thanks for the advice! <--- newbie Should i use lube made for paintball markers or will any gun oil do? thanks again

Not a noob question at all, some even don't ask this and screw up their marker.

Ideally you should use lube made for paintball markers, other types of lube can harm the o-rings or special seals in the valve. But it is rumored that other types of lube can work, I just don't know which and I've never tried them myself.

Sinsemillia
05-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Cool thanks for the info, Yah i got it from actionvillage.com and on there site it says Reman and not refurbished...but who knows... thanks again

alam3503
05-17-2007, 11:12 PM
I use remington(sp) gun oil for a while and didnt have any problems but the way I see it is that paintball gun oil is made just for paintball guns so it is their for a reason

t3rd_hugg3r
05-18-2007, 06:32 AM
I am also thinking about getting the re manufactured mr1 as well, but was wondering if they had stamped a marking on it somewhere stating when it was refurbished. So when you get yours, look it over and try to look for any additional markings/stamps. I believe it would be an eye soar if it did. Thanks!

Sinsemillia
05-19-2007, 01:06 PM
ok, so the Remanned mr-1 arrived today, well the marker does have its fair share of scratches on the finish and one deep gouge on the back corner, and the stock shows some signs of use, the barrel looks brand new and cant find a thing wrong with the finish, and the inside is perfectly honed. Ok thats for the outside of the marker, When i stripped the mr-1 down everything was coated in oil, all o-rings looked good and the ball dedent had spring and looked new.... so it seems that the inside was cleaned honed and put back together with fresh parts, the spring, striker and bolt appeared brand new with no wear marks or scratches.... so over all i couldnt be happier... it was cheap and i really dont mind the scratches....And also the grip is new... i'll update this when i get some air and paint thru this bad boy, and also i dont see any stamping that would give away this marker as a reman..... the only stamping besides the stock engraving is a j stamped in the body above the trigger....

tater_salad
05-19-2007, 09:43 PM
I will probably pick up one since I sold my last MR1 and I want another one.

Kenny_McCormic
05-19-2007, 09:51 PM
i use hoppes #9 oil its nice and thick so it protects the gun better than some of the paintball oils ive seen

point_B1ank
05-22-2007, 09:04 PM
So did it work out for you? I'm about to buy one as well from them.

Sinsemillia
05-23-2007, 05:34 AM
if yah dont mind a lil tinkering right off the bat with the gun, then yes it worked out great..... just inpsect the marker well before shooting...and you should be good

cyberthrasher_706
05-28-2007, 01:18 PM
I got my refurb from ebay at a great price and just had to make sure she was oiled. I pulled it apart and noticed some of the orings weren't BRAND new but they're still holding strong, got myself some spares just in case. It did have new springs and cup seal and everything. All in all a great purchase with a little oil added to it. Fired off a case and blew everyone away, even the all the tippman custom pro's were bowing with respect after they mocked me for my "wannabe A5".