PDA

View Full Version : barrel for pmr

ttam13xlpb
05-16-2007, 05:04 PM
which barrels have you pmr owners had good results from?i have just recently bought one and it should be here tommorow:) .thanks

MVS1
05-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Check the sales corner, PureEvil has a pretty good deal on freak kits, just might be able to hook up with an awesome deal on a great barrel kit.

vikingshadow
05-16-2007, 05:52 PM
I prefer the stock barrel and don't see the need to change it, actually. It's a larger bore, so most paint fits it - just as accurate as my freak kit and my AA (actually - I think it's MORE accurate than my Freak.) It's very smooth and cleans itself after about 2 shots.

I bought a .68_ something or other (middle size) Lucky barrel and I really don't like it. ALWAYS have broken paint, and it doesn't clean itself. However, I hear I'm in the minority on this. (Funny, I had the same feelings about my J&J Ceramic when I had it....)

However, I have been looking into other barrels - just to feed the upgradeitis in me....

MVS1
05-16-2007, 05:57 PM
Hey Vike have you measured the bore size? Reason I ask is because my friend keeps asking but always forgets to bring it over so I can mic it, and your right the stock barrel is pretty impressive for a stock barrel.

vikingshadow
05-16-2007, 06:03 PM
I haven't measured it, but everywhere I see it asked people say it's either a .689 or a .690. It's a pretty good sized bore!

MVS1
05-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Comparing it to my Freak w/.689 insert using RPS premium it seems to have the same clearance so I would guess the .689 to .690 estimate sounds right.

Sorry ttam13xlpb, you can have your thread back now :o

DRAGON
05-16-2007, 06:38 PM
My calipers say it's a .689 bore. There isn't much more I wanna up on mine cept possibly the barrel, stainless line and a q/d. "There isn't much more I wanna up on mine cept possibly....." .....famous last words lol. :D The stock barrel is very nice but I like 14's so I may just find something in that length. I was thinking of a J&J ceramic for it. I love J&J barrels and don't care that people might think it's a cheap barrel for such a marker. In measuring it just now, I noticed the stock barrel doesn't have an o-ring. I have some pix I'll be posting of mine soon in the pics section -

MVS1
05-16-2007, 06:49 PM
I noticed no oring as well on my buddies but then again my Angel 1 barrel backs didn't have an oring either so I didn't think twice about it.

I liked my J&J, I just got lucky and found somebody to buy it from me for the same price as a Freak jr. kit that was for sell in the sales corner and I'm glad I picked it up. Now I have a freak kit that works on my pilot, 98 custom and angel.

vikingshadow
05-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Hmmmmm, I've never even thought about, but probably because it hasn't been an issue. It seems to stay tight on my gun all day....

ttam13xlpb
06-04-2007, 09:56 AM
im thinking about buying either a dye ul or blue stiffi to match the blue pmr.any suggestions on those two?thanks

NeedForSpeed
06-04-2007, 12:14 PM
I've don't have any experience with the stiffi but the dye Ul barrel is very nice.

pbfreak3221
06-04-2007, 12:56 PM
UL is very nice, personally freak ftw.