PDA

View Full Version : Need new gauges.. What do you guys think?

EmagWh0r3
01-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Well, my gauges were busted up from an accident due to a friend. So its the perfect excuse to get some new ones in. One of my friends has this one:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/cdubb77/s7.jpg
Lit up at night:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/cdubb77/night.jpg
(I know he needs to re-allign them)

Or these
http://images.andale.com/f2/130/114/16952174/1114162637179_S7_GAUGE_SAMPLE.jpg
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8033040640&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Which one do you guys think looks better?

durrell
01-27-2006, 09:12 PM
I was thinking about getting those for my Mustang. If you get them let me know how you like them..I'm torn between those and the Ford Racing ones..

EmagWh0r3
01-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Which ones? THe ones I got pictured, or the ones I linked? I already bought the first pair lol, but then I found the blue ones (link I provided), and started liking those. Trying to decide which I want.. I hate doing this to myself lol.

shunut
01-28-2006, 04:08 AM
They are both pretty sweet looking, I think either way you go you'll be good. I really don't see that big of a difference between the 2. One has an analog odometer, the other is digital. The other difference is the color of the face gauges. So I guess you should go with what one matches your car best. What color is your car? What color is your car interior? Do you have pics of either?

EmagWh0r3
01-28-2006, 05:15 AM
They are both pretty sweet looking, I think either way you go you'll be good. I really don't see that big of a difference between the 2. One has an analog odometer, the other is digital. The other difference is the color of the face gauges. So I guess you should go with what one matches your car best. What color is your car? What color is your car interior? Do you have pics of either?

Actually, the only thing im changing is the faces, sorry for not sayin that. My car is Raisin Pear (kinda of a greyish blue with a touch of purple), and the interior is black and grey. My headunit is silver with a bluue screen (one of those animation head units) and the buttons glow blue.

shunut
01-28-2006, 05:32 AM
So which one of those match your headunit the best? I'd go with that one.

geeZus
01-28-2006, 03:18 PM
I'd say you get a stock one, and put blue bulbs in it. I hate reverse glow, indiglo, whateverglow gauge clusters.

DJ Katt RMX
01-29-2006, 09:24 AM
I'm on my way to a cool club style care myself- just making cosmetic changes to my green, '94 pontiac grand am.... I'm actually 200 bucks into the first step to the actual car changing , the gloss black paint job- my cousin will be coming down with some air bags and we'll be doing that ourselves, too. the inside of the car is completed, with a 4000 watt amp, alpine CD player (an old one, not too shabby though) some sony xplods in the front and rear, and two 12' subs in the trunk... bought new carpeting and door panals (just black) and i bought some cool seat covers. after that i put some neon light under the front and backs seats, both sides of each, and right now I'm about to go buy some of those little neon wires that glow, and put those in the little cracks of the stereo. I have some Rims that will do for now, some old mags, chrome, not too great but its better then those police car style/ donut style stock rims... after i bag the car, I'll prolly put the tinting on, but i don't know what color tint i should buy, be it chrome tinting or jet black... maybe red, to match the interior neons...? i dunno.

ttink
01-29-2006, 09:36 AM
to emagwhore, #1 ftw.

geeZus
01-29-2006, 09:37 AM
I'm on my way to a cool club style care myself- just making cosmetic changes to my green, '94 pontiac grand am.... I'm actually 200 bucks into the first step to the actual car changing , the gloss black paint job- my cousin will be coming down with some air bags and we'll be doing that ourselves, too. the inside of the car is completed, with a 4000 watt amp, alpine CD player (an old one, not too shabby though) some sony xplods in the front and rear, and two 12' subs in the trunk... bought new carpeting and door panals (just black) and i bought some cool seat covers. after that i put some neon light under the front and backs seats, both sides of each, and right now I'm about to go buy some of those little neon wires that glow, and put those in the little cracks of the stereo. I have some Rims that will do for now, some old mags, chrome, not too great but its better then those police car style/ donut style stock rims... after i bag the car, I'll prolly put the tinting on, but i don't know what color tint i should buy, be it chrome tinting or jet black... maybe red, to match the interior neons...? i dunno.
:bawling:

EmagWh0r3
01-29-2006, 07:35 PM
AIght fellas, I got them in. Geezus, reason I didnt go with the stock faces +blue background light is that I heard doing that doesnt make it that bright. Plus, the light that is given off by that bulb makes you tired faster, since blue has a shorter wave lenght. Too much blue wouldn't be good. Now on to the pics!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/XzIpK/DSC04748.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/XzIpK/DSC04757.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/XzIpK/DSC04773.jpg

geeZus
01-29-2006, 07:38 PM
My gauges are plenty bright, and I have never once gotten tired from the light in it.

EmagWh0r3
01-29-2006, 07:40 PM
Hmm, well I coulda gone that route. But im happy with these things :cool: Did you ever go on long trips? Takes some time to actually tire you out. But then again.. you are geezus lol.

geeZus
01-29-2006, 08:35 PM
But then again.. you are geezus lol.
BINGO!

I've taken long drives at night with them, never got tired, I hardly ever look at them or even notice them. I hardly ever look down when on the highway. On regular streets I glance until I'm up to speed, then never look again. I recently changed the blue to red, because I like red better. I think I'm gonna go back to stock white though, but with brighter bulbs, the stock bulbs sucked.

durrell
01-29-2006, 08:43 PM
I need some that match my head unit, but I think I might just get the Ford Racing ones. They're white faced and the whole face glows indiglo and white at night, so they'd match the best.

Go ahead and talk trash Chris, I know you want to. :dodgy:

Edit: Hey, emag, how hard was it to install those?

geeZus
01-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Ricer... :dodgy:

durrell
01-29-2006, 08:46 PM
Ricer... :dodgy:

lol, Not what I was expecting but it works..:thumbup:

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 12 seconds.

s
e
c
o
w
n
e
d

Nader
01-29-2006, 08:47 PM
all this commeraderie (sp?) makes me wish I had money for car upgrades...:D

DJ Katt RMX
01-30-2006, 12:32 AM
heh heh, i wanted to hear if you'd say somthing, geez, but you failed me short of a sad smily

rowdyroper2003
01-30-2006, 09:22 AM
hey katt, get some black tint...dark tint will never go out of style, unlike the colored nonsense that is going on now...and i'd say ditch the neon wire idea...i heard that stuff sucks terribly...