PDA

View Full Version : I need an opinion...

frank_castle
05-15-2007, 04:11 PM
The pull pin cocking knob on the bolt of my gun goes in, but the bolt just slides around in the chamber. Anyone know how to fix this?

DRCeccato
05-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Sounds like the pin is not sitting properly in the striker. What you'll need to do is pull the bolt back out and check that the hole on the striker is facing up. If its not turn the velocity adjuster and you'll see it turn the striker as well.

Once you see the hole on the striker facing up slide the bolt in, making sure the ridge in the bolt is lined up on the left side, and push the bolt in. Push it deep enough that the holes in the pin and stiker line up (or are at least close). Then push the pin in about 9/10th the way and GENTLY try tuning the velocity adjust to turn the striker again. Or you may need to slide the bolt back and forth a little until eventually you should feel the pin slip into the striker.

You'll know if you've got it when you pull the pin back and hear the click of the sear catching the striker.

frank_castle
05-15-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm new to paintball. What is a velocity adjuster?

graphics360
05-15-2007, 06:45 PM
take a look in your manual if you have one, and check out this site for a lot of useful information on spyder markers: http://www.ottersccustoms.com/spyder.html

the velocity adjuster is the thing that you can turn with an allen wrench on the back of your marker... it sticks out below where the bolt is

youre problem is youre not getting the pin all the way down through to the striker like DRCeccato said.

frank_castle
05-16-2007, 05:39 PM
I accidentally broke my hose, too. I know what is wrong with it (circled areas) but where do you buy replacements? I emailed Kingman support but all they told me was that it needed to be replaced. Thanks for your help with the bolt, it works now.

Critical
05-16-2007, 07:10 PM
You can buy hose at just about any decent local paintball store, or online company.

frank_castle
05-17-2007, 04:18 PM
What is a good online store? We don't have any local shops.

Ace24
05-17-2007, 08:05 PM
www.actionvillage.com
www.anythingextreme.com
ummm... there are alot more in the stores section of the forums.