PDA

View Full Version : ACS Bolt and Recocking

Bilbo
05-14-2007, 02:47 PM
I have read different things on the web about this, so can anyone answer me once and for all:
when the ACS bolt "works," meaning it detects a misfeed and doesn't chop, does the bolt recock, or stay forward? I ask because when I play there are usually about 2 times a game when I will try to shoot and find my pilot hasn't recocked. I don't know if it's a defect, or if it is just a sign that a chop was avoided.
I was under the impression that the marker would recock, even when a chop was avoided by the ACS bolt.

Kittenkiller
05-17-2007, 05:54 PM
the bolt and striker are connected. when the bolt goes forwards, whether a paintball feeds, misfeeds, chops, or what have you, the striker will still hit the cup seal shaft, and still get hit by blowback gas, and still recock, taking the bolt (and or paint shell) with it.
the bolt, of course, doesn't really "detect" a chop, or avoid one (ask anyone with a NEW ACS bolt); it just doesn't squeeze as hard on a stuck ball as a solid bolt. then, when it cocks, the now dimpled ball is free to drop fully and bust in the barrel.

vwjimmy
05-17-2007, 06:39 PM
Here is my description:
ACS Post (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showpost.php?p=119160&postcount=5)
(Searched it out)

Bilbo
05-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Okay, so I played last weekend and shot over 1000 paintballs. Not a single chop or break, which is great. But I still had 2 times when I fired and then the gun didn't recock. I understand what you are saying about the bolt being connected to the striker, but if this isn't a result of the ACS bolt not recocking, what could it be? These 2 instances happened with a pretty full tank, so I can't blame it on pressure. And the instances were several hundred balls apart, so it isn't like it is a consistent (repeatable) problem.
This experience was far better than the last time I played, when I had the recocking problem about 3 times per hopper. Both times were the same hopper, same gun, pretty much same temperature, same paintballs.
Do I just write it off to a random drop in pressure, a stray piece of dirt in the chamber, or what?
I know that only twice in a day isn't the end of the world, but it is still more than there should be. And you know the way Murphy's law works: the times it doesn't recock are the times I try popping up to ward off a rushing attacker and all I get is click-click-click.

ttam13xlpb
05-23-2007, 04:21 PM
the not recocking is just the acs working.mine does the same thing every now and then.

Porkponey
05-24-2007, 06:56 AM
Here's my ignorant question, and I don't think it's worth a thread at all. Understand that I ask this understanding just how stupid of an idea it is and wouldn't try it even if I knew for sure it was safe, BUT, if I put my finger in the feedneck and pull the trigger, will the broken-in acs stop before it lops my finger off?

Kenny_McCormic
05-24-2007, 12:51 PM
most likley yes and even the stovk bolt wouldnt cut your finger off just **** it up pretty bad

weitjosh
05-24-2007, 09:41 PM
instead of sacrificing your finger, y dont u put a swab in there. its something thats a little more replacable than a finger

Porkponey
05-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Without co2 in it it doesn't even tickle. There isn't a chance in hecks I'm putting my hand in a gas'd gun though. Works fine sans gas though. Does it's job quite well.